The Official Zebralight Thread .

Mgizler

Enlightened
Finally got my sc52l2, h600 L2, and I actually picked up a new without box sc5w II. !! Man I love the SC5w. It was the zebralight that I missed the most out of all the ones I had.

The sc52 is nice also I need I get a 14500 in it.

I also can’t wait to test out the h600!!

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
Is there any difference between the SC64 and the SC600 when it comes to, lack of a better term, "beefiness"? Body tube thickness, etc? I see it weighs more than the SC64, obviously because it's larger, but wasn't sure if that's due to just the size difference, or if the SC600 had any of a more thicker, "beefier" design. Does it feel any more solid in the hand?

And just FWIW, I've been agonizing over the Zebralight website for days, on the fence about a first Zebralight purchase. :confused:

Last edited:

AstroTurf

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Is there any difference between the SC64 and the SC600 when it comes to, lack of a better term, "beefiness"? Body tube thickness, etc? I see it weighs more than the SC64, obviously because it's larger, but wasn't sure if that's due to just the size difference, or if the SC600 had any of a more thicker, "beefier" design. Does it feel any more solid in the hand?

And just FWIW, I've been agonizing over the Zebralight website for days, on the fence about a first Zebralight purchase. :confused:

Yes, it is thicker/beefier...

Same interior battery compartment, thicker body walls, bigger head, better heat management... Sc600 Wins!!!

Which one ya gettin?

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
Yes, it is thicker/beefier...

Same interior battery compartment, thicker body walls, bigger head, better heat management... Sc600 Wins!!!

Which one ya gettin?

Since your comment, I'm leaning towards the SC600W MK IV Plus, I just wish it came with the new Samsung LH351D as an option.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the 600 Plus and 600 HI. I don't find the Plus too green, but there's definitely some of it in the corona. The HI has a very nice tint, even and clean with no green. But those lights serve very different purposes, so decide what you plan to use it for, before making the decision on which to get. The HI is great for a compact all-purpose outdoor light that has some useful throw. The Plus is a much floodier light, great for lighting up a wider area, but won't throw as far.

I use the Plus as a bike light, which it's really great at. Very efficient, bright, and lights up a wide area. I use the HI as an outdoor light on walks. It's great for moderate throw, but still has enough spill to make it useful up close.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Green bad, green not good. Thanks for the heads up and suggestions. I'm still pondering over the different models.

SC600 W HI is a bit beefier has a nice tint and some decent throw. A little chunky in the pocket and not a great clip. It's a push on clip which lessens how securely it holds.

SC64C LE is slimmer in the pocket, had a great tint and a fixed pocket clip that is screwed to the body.

The SV600 W HI will be better for longer distance but still good for medium and maybe close up work if you don't mind the glare from the hot spot

SC64C LE will be more general purpose including close up use, but not much throw.

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
The advice is very much appreciated guys.

I've narowed it down to the SC600w Mk IV, but torn between the HI and the Plus. With it's higher output and better efficiency, I would choose the Plus, but I also love throw and small, punchy hotspots, and I'm wondering if the throw and hotspot of the HI is worth the tradeoff. WITL makes it sound like it is.

Are there any Lux measurements around on these two lights? Or can owners give me a rough estimate of what either throws?

Thanks

Last edited:

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The advice is very much appreciated guys.

I've narowed it down to the SC600w Mk IV, but torn between the HI and the Plus. With it's higher output and better efficiency, I would choose the Plus, but I also love throw and small, punchy hotspots, and I'm wondering if the throw and hotspot of the HI is worth the tradeoff. WITL makes it sound like it is.

Are there any Lux measurements around on these two lights? Or can owners give me a rough estimate of what either throws?

Thanks

Yeah, if you're only going to get one of those lights, the HI is probably a better choice. It's much more useful as an all-purpose outdoor light. Enough throw to be useful, but not so much that it's useless up close.

IIRC, the HI has a little under 20K candella. I think the Plus is close to that as well (perhaps a bit less than the HI), but remember that the Plus is twice as bright. You don't get to see as far with the Plus, because all the foreground brightness kills your vision to see very far. So, don't just go by the lux numbers.

NPL

Enlightened
I owned both, kept the sc600w Hi. They serve a different purpose. The Plus is good for up close, but it's very floody so not ideal for longer distances. On turbo it does have OK reach, but it will overheat and step down. The Plus also has a pretty strong Green tint. The Hi has a nice pure white tint, feels significantly brighter because of the added intensity, and outdoors feels much more useful. I find the Hi too throwy for indoor use but can manage if it's my only light.

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I owned both, kept the sc600w Hi. They serve a different purpose. The Plus is good for up close, but it's very floody so not ideal for longer distances. On turbo it does have OK reach, but it will overheat and step down. The Plus also has a pretty strong Green tint. The Hi has a nice pure white tint, feels significantly brighter because of the added intensity, and outdoors feels much more useful. I find the Hi too throwy for indoor use but can manage if it's my only light.

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

I've had the same exact experience. Sold the PLUS and kept the HI.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Can I ask what your first impressions were on build, fit and finish?
1st impression was concerning how small it is for a 18650 light. I love it's compact size. I've been EDCing it and enjoying it. It took me a bit to fully understand how to config the interface, but I got the hang of it. I love the range of brightness and the tint is great. Build quality is excellent from what I've seen.

If I had one complaint, it would be concerning how tight the tolerances are for which 18650 you use. I have 18650 lights that will run on whatever you have, allowing you to use use 2xCR123 if needed.

The way the ZL is made, there is very small tolerances for length of cell used. You can only use unprotected flat top cell. I wouldn't have minded an extra 1/4 inch in length, if it could except all 18650 cells.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
Everyone have has been [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]exponentially[/FONT] helpful.

I'm sold. SC600w Mk IV HI it is.

MB320

Newly Enlightened
Realised yesterday that ZL have removed free shipping to UK/EU for now with the only option being DHL $42! Guess that’s one way to stop me from buying more...