The Official Zebralight Thread .

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
That certainly sounds like they're going out of business, and selling off all their existing stock. That's really too bad. I was a proud fan-boy. Luckily, I probably have all the zebralights I need for awhile. There was 1 or 2 I was interested in earlier this year, but they changed shipping rates to Canada to make it prohibitive to order from them.

I expect them to close up shop early next year, once they've sold most of their stuff. If you want anything, you probably just have a couple of months to get it. Don't expect any warranty service, because they won't be around to offer it.

Oh well, I'm set for awhile, but I suppose it's an excuse to try out some other premium brands. The problem is, finding regulated lights at a reasonable price isn't easy. Everyone seems to want to use linear and FET drivers, which I generally don't like due to their inefficiency and inconsistent output.

Connor

Enlightened
Yeah, that looks like they're dead. RIP ZebraLight, I really liked you. :candle:

IMHO the most interesting brand in the "ZL category" right now is Emisar/Noctigon. Not up to par in terms of efficiency but lots of nice features and LEDs to choose from.

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
Oh God, nooo! Zebralight is my favorite brand by far!!!!! [emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

Enviado de meu MI 9 usando o Tapatalk

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, that looks like they're dead. RIP ZebraLight, I really liked you. :candle:

IMHO the most interesting brand in the "ZL category" right now is Emisar/Noctigon. Not up to par in terms of efficiency but lots of nice features and LEDs to choose from.

Agreed, except that they use linear and FET drivers. But, I like their design and the pocket-rocket feature is fun. The color bling LEDs isn't a big draw for me, but Anduril likes those toys.

Cemoi

Enlightened
They may still be some hope: when I asked them less than two months ago about the availability of optional tailcaps with magnets, they answered:
"The upcoming A6 will come with magnets. The H600 Mk V, to be released (maybe mid) next year, will have magnets as well as charging ports."

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good news. I asked ZL if business was good and if they would remain in business for the foreseeable future. The response was positive: “So far so good.” We’ll be in business for the foreseeable future. That being said, there will be some changes in the future in terms of our products and sales. Our current website (online store) will be dedicated to the U.S. customers only, because starting with the A6, which will be announced shortly, 18650 batteries will be included in the package.”

Looks like good news to me: A) They are making a new light. B) They are doing well enough to remain open in the foreseeable future. C) But, changes are coming, perhaps good, but seems likely not as good as we would hope since some of their key lights have been discontinued and limiting website sales to U.S. only. A big question mark now is, how are non-US people going to order these lights?? Maybe Amazon??

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
GREAT NEWS! Thanks for looking into this!
Good news. I asked ZL if business was good and if they would remain in business for the foreseeable future. The response was positive: “So far so good.” We’ll be in business for the foreseeable future. That being said, there will be some changes in the future in terms of our products and sales. Our current website (online store) will be dedicated to the U.S. customers only, because starting with the A6, which will be announced shortly, 18650 batteries will be included in the package.”

Looks like good news to me: A) They are making a new light. B) They are doing well enough to remain open in the foreseeable future. C) But, changes are coming, perhaps good, but seems likely not as good as we would hope since some of their key lights have been discontinued and limiting website sales to U.S. only. A big question mark now is, how are non-US people going to order these lights?? Maybe Amazon??

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm suspicious that's just BS. No company is going to tell you they're going out of business, until they're ready to announce it publicly.

Besides, why would they ignore every market outside of the U.S.? That might be okay if they were a US-based company that has never sold on-line, but they're not. They're clearly a Chinese company, and the one thing the Chinese are good at is selling to the entire world.

Including batteries as an excuse to not sell anywhere else? It doesn't make sense. Maybe they have a supply of A6, and they want to find a way of bundling it so they can sell it off fast (perhaps because they also have a supply of batteries to get rid of).

And why are their Texas operations permanently closed? Why discontinue some of their best lights? None of that adds up.

markr6

Flashaholic
Regardless, you guys got me! Just purchased the H600Fc to future-proof myself. It will be my goto light if I like it and my H600w II will be a backup.

The new stuff sounds cool...that Q50 though!

AstroTurf

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Why the jump from H600w II to H600Fc IV if I may ask?

Regardless, you guys got me! Just purchased the H600Fc to future-proof myself. It will be my goto light if I like it and my H600w II will be a backup.

The new stuff sounds cool...that Q50 though!

markr6

Flashaholic
Why the jump from H600w II to H600Fc IV if I may ask?

While I've had zero issues with it since 2013 and it gets used a lot, I figured I would get another just in case they in fact do close up shop. Plus the high CRI will be a nice upgrade. I use it a lot backpacking at night so I went with the 4000K. Not that there is anything wrong with my old one; it has a very nice tint. So often in life, when I realize I like something so much to get another, it's already too late and they changed something or discontinued it altogether.

AstroTurf

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Makes sense, Thanks!!!

While I've had zero issues with it since 2013 and it gets used a lot, I figured I would get another just in case they in fact do close up shop. Plus the high CRI will be a nice upgrade. I use it a lot backpacking at night so I went with the 4000K. Not that there is anything wrong with my old one; it has a very nice tint. So often in life, when I realize I like something so much to get another, it's already too late and they changed something or discontinued it altogether.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

I bought that model a year ago. Great light! The tint is great, high CRI is a good bonus, and there's no green or tint-shift (probably due to the frosted lens). I use it almost every day. It's not much good except for close-up, so you definitely want a regular flashlight as well if you're on a walk. But, good for seeing really well out to maybe 10 meters.

If ZL was going out of business wouldn't all flashlight sales sold "as is" nomo company, no warranty ?

Why would they? They can sell anything they want with a lifetime warranty if they choose to, because once they're out of business they don't have to honor it anymore.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good point WTL.. I was hoping for some ZL TX house sales deals across their site..
So far I see nothing I can't live without

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
OH NO!!!! I just pulled them up on google maps and saw both locations in Irving, TX show up as permanently closed. I hope they are at least planning on keeping their China operations going. I’ll ask them on their website and see what comes up. I’ll report back if they answer.

No more warehouse in Texas? Has the inventory been relocated to the personal garages of the company owners?
Perhaps the Chinese company that manufactures the ZL flashlights can take over the entire ZL business.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
WalkIntoTheLight, all REALLY good points. I work for a Fortune 500 company. Even though I’m medium level, I bet I’d still be among the last to find out we were going out of business. So, it’s likely a customer service rep for ZL would be among the last to find out for sure. Man I hope we’re wrong about our suspicions here.

WebHobbit

Enlightened
I sure hope they are OK. For me there are no clear candidates to "replace" ZL. They just seem to embody the perfect mix of cutting edge drivers/efficiency/UI/build quality all at a decent price. I think Fenix has a similar build quality and comparable efficiency but their UI and lack of choice on color temp (all they do is cool white) is several notches below what we enjoy with ZL.