The Official Zebralight Thread .

markr6

Flashaholic
I though you said the new UI wasn't enough of a reason to spend $100 Mark lol? You ZL junkie you:poke::D

If I did, I don't remember :)

On the SC600 HI, the spacing from medium to high (even highest medium to lowest high) is horrible. At least the way I have, and want, it set. So the new UI is key. I want to close that gap a little and still have access to the higher modes, since that's all I use this light for. It will be perfect as long as I win that tint lottery.

Connor

Enlightened
Did you guys notice there's a new
SC600F Mk IV Plus 18650 XHP50 Floody Cool White Flashlight
and
SC600Fd Mk IV Plus 18650 XHP50 Floody 5000K High CRI Flashlight?

Those haven't been mentioned anywhere before.

I'm gonna have to choose between the SC64c and the SC600Fd Mk IV Plus ... damn, that's hard. ;)

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I did, I don't remember :)

On the SC600 HI, the spacing from medium to high (even highest medium to lowest high) is horrible. At least the way I have, and want, it set. So the new UI is key. I want to close that gap a little and still have access to the higher modes, since that's all I use this light for. It will be perfect as long as I win that tint lottery.

Yeah, the ability to fully pick your output levels on the new UI is nice. I too hope to win the tint lottery as it costs me more to send them back here in Canada then it does for you guys in the US.

I almost got the HI too but, decided to go with the Plus. I generally prefer more floody lights and liked the higher output if needed. I figured if I need throw I have other much more capable options. Hope I made the right decision:thinking:.

Last edited:

benhar

Newly Enlightened
So on the SC600w does the HI mean High CRI or is it just referring to the hotspot? Was about to jump when I hesitated on which neutral to get.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
You convinced me to go with the sc64C rather than the w.

I hope you(we) like it. The good thing is if you don't like it you can always send it back and get the "w" instead for just the cost of a bit of postage. I have a few other 4000K lights and it has become my favorite CCT for any night time or outdoor use. Go much cooler and it is just harsh when you have been sitting in average 2700-3000K household light, outside in the 4000K moonlight, or around a campfire. I don't like feeling like I just stepped into a hospital and cool light can affect your sleep patterns too. During the day, for supplemental light, I prefer 4500-5000K but, still don't mind 4000K..

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you guys notice there's a new
SC600F Mk IV Plus 18650 XHP50 Floody Cool White Flashlight
and
SC600Fd Mk IV Plus 18650 XHP50 Floody 5000K High CRI Flashlight?

Those haven't been mentioned anywhere before.

I'm gonna have to choose between the SC64c and the SC600Fd Mk IV Plus ... damn, that's hard. ;)

Just do what I did and get both:devil:. I got the regular Plus though instead of the floody.

Cobraman502

Enlightened
I hope you(we) like it. The good thing is if you don't like it you can always send it back and get the "w" instead for just the cost of a bit of postage. I have a few other 4000K lights and it has become my favorite CCT for any night time or outdoor use. Go much cooler and it is just harsh when you have been sitting in average 2700-3000K household light, outside in the 4000K moonlight, or around a campfire. I don't like feeling like I just stepped into a hospital and cool light can affect your sleep patterns too.

Exactly and I think that the 900 lumens is plenty for EDC use. I use the SC52w for a while and that has a max 500 lumen blast. So now stepping into a high cri light with a lot more battery will be perfect. I will be getting a new pocket clip for the SC64C from popsclips on Etsy. He sells deep carry titanium in various finishes.

SC52W
102fc7cefd98158ce7d8967e021af4a6.jpg

moozooh

Enlightened
Some news.

1. All of ZL's 4th gen 18650 lights (including headlamps) are now on the site and available for (pre-)order except for the 2440lm cool white SC600 IV Plus.
2. The 4th gen includes a total of 10 side-clicky lights (quite an absurd amount—that's more than their AA/CR123 lights have in total) and 10 headlamps.
3. All of the 3rd gen 18650 lights have been retired.

Also, this is merely speculation, but it appears that ZL is phasing out CR123 SC-series lights. Considering the power and success of their recent AA lights this is not surprising. CR123 headlamps will probably hold on for a bit longer considering the (marginally) smaller size.

And another small tidbit is that H604, H604c, and H604d, as well as H600F, H600Fc, and H600Fd have the same max output. I'm not sure whether this is a mistake, but it does seem very odd considering the c/d lights have a different family LED in them (XHP50.2, as opposed to XHP35 in CW lights).

terjee

Enlightened
I couldn't resist, so ordered an SC64c as well. For me, the c vs w is simple:
- w has more lumens, which I don't need.
- c is high CRI, which I really want
- c is 4000k, which I also really want
- w is 5-step
- c is 2-step

At this rate, it wouldn't surprise me if I end up with a full set of the c-lights. Not sure I'd need the full set of headlamps though.

terjee

Enlightened
Also, this is merely speculation, but it appears that ZL is phasing out CR123 SC-series lights. Considering the power and success of their recent AA lights this is not surprising. CR123 headlamps will probably hold on for a bit longer considering the (marginally) smaller size.

If they made an SC32c, I'd probably buy it.

To be honest though, it'd probably be risky on their part, and L91 AA offers a lot of what's good about the CR123A, even improves some.

TCY

Enlightened
Paid for the H600Fc & EMS. I was told that the high CRI flavours wouldn't be available for another few months, what a pleasant surprise. The annual ZL waiting game begins.:popcorn:

fneuf

Newly Enlightened
I'm not familiar with the Zebra waiting game. How does it turn for reviews? Will some selected reviewers be able to put their hands on some early products? Or do we usually have to wait another few weeks after initial shipments to get reviews?

TCY

Enlightened
I'm not familiar with the Zebra waiting game. How does it turn for reviews? Will some selected reviewers be able to put their hands on some early products? Or do we usually have to wait another few weeks after initial shipments to get reviews?

Zebralight rarely hands out review samples to reviewers (selfbuilt gets them a lot because he is awesome) and they certainly don't hand out review samples before fulfilling a big bunch of pre-orders, so we rely on those who get the light first to provide valuable information.

Enlightened
The D4 has both the ability to tail cap lockout as well as an electronic lockout though so, it won't happen if proper caution is used. With any high power light like these, caution should always be taken.
I would never depend on tail cap lockout as caps always have a way for loosening or tightening up on their own if in a pocket. At the same time the electronic lockout would make it way too annoying for EDC use.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would never depend on tail cap lockout as caps always have a way for loosening or tightening up on their own if in a pocket. At the same time the electronic lockout would make it way too annoying for EDC use.
I have never had a light turn on after locking the tail out myself but, I rarely lock them out unless I'm putting them in a backpack or something. And, I am not a huge fan of electronic lockouts either but, I would use one of these methods as apposed to not enjoying a good light because I am scared of an accidental activation. Either that or man up and just accept the chance of a slight leg burn. I generally choose the latter:D.

Last edited: