The Official Zebralight Thread .

LogansRun

Newly Enlightened
As mentioned by WalkIntoTheLight, Zebrslight's website is not secure at this moment. I wouldn't want to login or place an order st this time until it becomes secure again.
Thanks for the head's-up! I was wondering about their website and wondering about the change. I noticed too, that they indicate "Starting Jan 1, 2021, we will accept orders from U.S. customers only". Guess that means us International customers may be SOL.

It would be a shame if they were were no longer making lights or limiting where they sell.

Last edited:

Dave_5280

Newly Enlightened
Tell them to fix their website, and add https secure transactions back to it. Right now, I would never advise anyone to order something from it. Their website seems very amateurish, like they really don't care.

Great lights! But, they seem to be doing everything this year to make sure they go out of business.

I think I've seen this kind of problem before and it was caused by our SSL certification getting disconnected from our domain. Our IT guy fixed it pretty quick.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I go to the Zebralight website it is not secure. It does not have a secure cart. When I try to check out with the cart the checkout IS secure. At that time during checkout you could log into your account securely.

CoherentRays

Newly Enlightened
When I go to the Zebralight website it is not secure. It does not have a secure cart. When I try to check out with the cart the checkout IS secure. At that time during checkout you could log into your account securely.
That's true for me too. When I'm logged into my account I'm on a secure site but when I start to browse the headlight or flashlight selections the site switches to a non secure mode. Back to secure when I go back into my account to place or check orders.

Last edited:

Ev148

Newly Enlightened
I frequently bike at night. My bike has a SON dynamo front hub which powers their Edelux II headlight as well as a tail light mounted on the seat tube. All the wiring is internal. It's sufficiently bright except for twisty high speed descents (frame mounted light points straight ahead when you want to see around the corners). Not having to rely on batteries was actually life changing. That said, if I know I'll be riding for hours after dark or doing big descents I also carry an H600w mk IV. I find the headband fits pretty well beneath my helmet and places the light where it needs to be. The default H1 setting is as bright as I'd ever want, it can be blinding to oncoming traffic, though.

Ev148

Newly Enlightened
I ordered an SC64 LE about a week ago and got a notification yesterday that it has shipped. The site indicated that these were back ordered, so I thought I would be in for a longer wait.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I ordered an SC64 LE about a week ago and got a notification yesterday that it has shipped. The site indicated that these were back ordered, so I thought I would be in for a longer wait.

Same with my SC700d, ordered last week as backordered, shipped yest, still pre-shipment status.

holygeez03

Enlightened
Based on my observations, "backorder" means "low stock" to ZebraLight... and they don't appear to change items to "In Stock" unless they have plenty on-hand, ready to ship immediately.

Also, "Shipped" means it will be shipped in a few days.

Last edited:

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are ZL orders still shipping from Texas? Or are all orders now being shipped from China? The ordering and shipping process at ZL is uniquely ambiguous and mysterious.

brightasday

Newly Enlightened
Are ZL orders still shipping from Texas? Or are all orders now being shipped from China? The ordering and shipping process at ZL is uniquely ambiguous and mysterious.

I just received an H600w Mk IV shipped from Texas. (So far, I really like the light)

brightasday

Newly Enlightened
Do you own any other headlamps? How does it compare?

This is my 9th Zebralight, but only my second headlamp. My only other headlamp is an original Zebralight H600w from early 2012. The old one was my second most frequently used flashlight, and then I misplaced it for a few days and realized I really _need_ a second headlamp :).

The new H600w Mk IV is really not that different from the original H600. It looks the same other than having a darker body and a section without ribbing. The basic UI is the same as the new one, though the new one has a lot of new features (e.g. "groups", battery tester, thermal regulation, . . .). The tint is a little yellower on the old model, but both are fine for me. I like the headband on the new one better than the old. The biggest difference is that the new model is A LOT brighter. Given the added features and big difference in brightness, and inflation between 2012 and now, I feel lucky the price has not changed since 2012.

NPL

Enlightened
I was curious about your feedback because it seems the floodier xhp50 versions are more popular. I had the h600w mkii in the past and found the beam profile perfect for outdoor sports where speed and longer visibility was required. The floody ones are better up close, but lack the throw.

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

Ev148

Newly Enlightened
I was curious about your feedback because it seems the floodier xhp50 versions are more popular. I had the h600w mkii in the past and found the beam profile perfect for outdoor sports where speed and longer visibility was required. The floody ones are better up close, but lack the throw.

I totally agree. I've owned an H600w mk IV for a couple of years now. I got it for auxiliary/backup lighting for my bicycle (see my post above) and also to use on my nightly walk across a dark pasture to lock up my chickens. It's floody enough for great situational awareness and has just enough throw to reach out 150-200 yards at the highest setting. I really like the compromise, perfect for an outdoor headlight IMO--I wouldn't want to give up throw for more flood or visa versa. On the bike I adjust the tilt of the light so that the hot spot floats just above the road surface and reaches out into the distance. I don't see a bright spot where it would compromise my peripheral vision and the illumination stays pretty even.

To reply to the posts about shipping: I got the pre shipment notice for my back ordered SC64 LE about a week ago and it looks like it entered the USPS system on 12/24 with an estimated delivery date of 12/29. It shipped from Texas.

holygeez03

Enlightened
I bought another SC600w IV Plus just in case something crazy happens with ZL in 2021... it has become my most used light by far around the house and in the yard... I can confirm that the newer copies do NOT have the purple AR coating and this does eliminate the purple ring that reflects off the bezel... It also seems to help with tint-shift across the entire beam when looking really close.

So I am happy about that... especially since it's winter and the purple ring is especially annoying when there is snow on the ground.

Latest posts