The Official Zebralight Thread .

Fespe

Newly Enlightened
Today I received the sc700d and playing a little bit with it I notice the greenish corona quite a bit (of course I'm not complaining I know what I was buying). Probably the snow didn't help either! I would like to try the zircon lee filter just to see if the result it's something acceptable and practicle to do if needed, like if I'm going to use the light indoor a lot, but I'm not sure what is the right one for this tint. For what I understood serching the zircon 803 or 802 are the ones to get? Am I right? And just to know does anyone tried putting dc-fix on it? Otherwise I'm really liking the sc700d! It's REALLY bright! And the stable output on higher level it's amazing.

Inviato dal mio Mi 9T utilizzando Tapatalk

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fespe, remember, you can stack the filters. I have the equivalent of an 801 on my 700d, and that's perfect for my taste, but you might want to simply get an 802, and if you need more, just put two of them on. I don't think an 803 is even worth the effort, as it's just not nearly enough.

As far as dc-fix, sure, that will help even out the beam so the corona is not so apparent. I don't use it on my 700d, but I do use it on my 600w mkIV, along with a minus 1/2 green, and it' superb.

NPL

Enlightened
Lee filter will improve the green tint, but you will still have the tint and CCT variation from spot to spill unless you diffuse the beam with something like DC fix. It's an unfortunate compromise between beam throw or floody and even beam tint. I have the sc700fd and put a Lee Zircon filter on it. Perfect pure white, no more green, and smooth consistent beam, but very floody and good for indoors or up close use.

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

Fespe

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! I'm going for the 801! About the dc-fix, it's ages than I see people talk about it but I never tried it. The sc700d it's already floody, compared my Sc64c le it's a thrower and the tint it's beautiful.
I would use the dc-fix only if improved the tint considerably. Otherwise I'm good with a little bit of tint shift.

Fespe

Newly Enlightened
Yes serching a little bit more maby the 801 is too much. I'm ordering the 802

NPL

Enlightened
For reference, the 802 which has a 75% light transmission will turn the nasty XP-L2 high cri into a rosy tint.
The 801 has a 60% light transmission.

The sc700d is less Green than the XP-L2 of the Sc64c and sc5c.

The 803 has a much better 80% light transmission, and will probably be perfect to correct the tint. Or go with 804 if you want better light transmission.

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes serching a little bit more maby the 801 is too much. I'm ordering the 802

I do have to say, I'm VERY sensitive to any green in the tint, so I tend to over compensate with filters, giving me a bit of a rose tint, but that's me, so either an 803 or 802 might be better for you. But do remember, every LED is slightly different, some will be more green and some will be less green. The only constant I've seen is that they ALL seem to be at least a little green.

That's one of the reasons I suggested you start with the Lee filter swatch book, as it gives you ALL the different levels of correction so that you can find exactly the one that works best for your light.

Fespe

Newly Enlightened
I do have to say, I'm VERY sensitive to any green in the tint, so I tend to over compensate with filters, giving me a bit of a rose tint, but that's me, so either an 803 or 802 might be better for you. But do remember, every LED is slightly different, some will be more green and some will be less green. The only constant I've seen is that they ALL seem to be at least a little green.

That's one of the reasons I suggested you start with the Lee filter swatch book, as it gives you ALL the different levels of correction so that you can find exactly the one that works best for your light.
You are right, mine is pretty green for my eyes. I wanted to get the swatch but I can't find one and they're expensive.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are right, mine is pretty green for my eyes. I wanted to get the swatch but I can't find one and they're expensive.

Yes, I understand. Remember, Roscolux has a swtach book that is basically the same thing as the Lee Filters, and you might be able to find those more easily and at less cost. By the way, something else that works, but is kind of weird..... you can take a pink highlighter pen and color the front of the glass, seriously. I comes off very easily, but if you like how it looks, you can just put clear tape over it to keep it from smudging. Like I said, kind of weird, and definitely not as good as a filter, but it works in a pinch : )

Anyway, I hope you're enjoying your new light. One of the things I dig about the SC700d is the way the body feels like it's been sculpted, like a piece of art, just amazing quality that feels nice to hold. Definitely one of my favorite lights.

Fespe

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I understand. Remember, Roscolux has a swtach book that is basically the same thing as the Lee Filters, and you might be able to find those more easily and at less cost. By the way, something else that works, but is kind of weird..... you can take a pink highlighter pen and color the front of the glass, seriously. I comes off very easily, but if you like how it looks, you can just put clear tape over it to keep it from smudging. Like I said, kind of weird, and definitely not as good as a filter, but it works in a pinch : )

Anyway, I hope you're enjoying your new light. One of the things I dig about the SC700d is the way the body feels like it's been sculpted, like a piece of art, just amazing quality that feels nice to hold. Definitely one of my favorite lights.
I just bought the 803 too. I'm gonna tried them both and see the result.
I'm too trying different things just for fun, I tried putting a pink rubber glove on the head of the light but it's to rosy. Otherwise I am really satisfied with the sc700d, like I just said the runtime it's awesome even at higher output. I'm not one who test lumen and runtimes but compered to my other 18650 lights it's definitely something else. It's a flooder light so if you like that you would not be disappointed! The weight it's not a problem for me but I'm not walking for hours with it. For real the only cons that I can find is the green tint!

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I understand. Remember, Roscolux has a swtach book that is basically the same thing as the Lee Filters, and you might be able to find those more easily and at less cost.....

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...0103_Roscolux_Swatchbook.html/qa?sts=pi&pim=Y

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/45184-REG/Rosco_950SBCNG0103_Cinegel_Swatchbook.html

Both of these Rosco swatchbooks are on backorder. I think they have over 200 filters in each book. Not dirt cheap, but $10 per book seems reasonable.

markr6

Flashaholic
Everyone that says "the green/yellow tint is not noticeable is real life" lets me down in the winter, when most things are a white wall (floor). I still like my SC700d though.

holygeez03

Enlightened
Yeah... snow cover is rough for crappy tints. It's also when I notice the purple ring on my SC600w Plus... as mentioned in another post, ZL did remove that coating, so my newer SC600w doesn't have it.

Luminesce

Newly Enlightened
Is anyone else having trouble with the ZebraLight web site?

I placed an order on the ZL web site on the 17th and they shipped yesterday. Other than the insecure transaction, it seems to be working OK. I didn't buy another SC700 this time and perhaps that is the reason for the quick turn around, as some have found it can take quite a while to get your order filled at times.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I wish I could find one of their 18650 at another dealer. Seems like nobody carries them any more.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
My OCD won't let me be at peace sooooo i've modded all my ZL's to 90CRI standard.

SC5c II - shaved 351D 5000K to match ~4500K and rosy like 219B
SC64w HI - 90CRI XHP35 4500K
SC600w HI - 90CRI XHP35 5000K
SC64 - 90CRI XHP35 5700K
SC64c LE - 90CRI 219C 5700K
0389bc78b56f79892e8b3f8a9c5c34bd.jpg

fcd09ee8eb616589e4c650367ce755d0.jpg

d53f3f9b51bfb7b7afaa920299eed3ca.jpg

1cb5653067e1afba041e185a41f303da.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk