The Official Zebralight Thread .

Barrington

Newly Enlightened
This looks like the place to ask.....
Does anybody know if Zebralight is going out of business? Most of their models are completely unavailable in the UK now. And the situation seems to be similar in the rest of Europe. There seems to be a small amount of stock at NKON but they only deal in Euros and the shipping cost is very high.

I bought a SC5w in the UK a couple of years ago which quickly failed. I sent it back asking for a replacement. Instead I received a (partial) refund and it has remained out of stock ever since!

Mr. LED

Enlightened
They're NOT going out of business, it has been said dozen times in this thread. Maybe the UK dealers don't want to restock. NKON has almost all models in stock, including the limited LE, so it's not just a "small amount of stock". And their shipping is very reasonable, I pay only 6,50 Euro from Netherlands to Germany and I receive it in 2 days.

The SC5 models have been discontinued for some time now, that's why you don't usually see them in stock. But NKON has the SC5w in stock.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like many, I'm debating of whether or not to go with the sc64w HI or the sc64c LE. Was there ever a sc64w (not high) ? I primarily use flashlights indoors, and I'm worried the HI has too tight a beam. I could use the extra lumens.
The HI is still pretty floody. Domed or not, it's still a big emitter using a small reflector with an orange peel texture. The fact that it has a tighter beam and more throw is relative. The SC64w HI has an 11° hotspot vs. a 12° for the SC64c. I think this gets blown way out of proportion, perhaps based on the differences between the SC600 models with larger reflectors, where the HI version had an 8° hotspot vs. 14° for the regular one.

And yes, there was a SC64w, but it was discontinued.

Barrington

Newly Enlightened
They're NOT going out of business, it has been said dozen times in this thread. Maybe the UK dealers don't want to restock. NKON has almost all models in stock, including the limited LE, so it's not just a "small amount of stock". And their shipping is very reasonable, I pay only 6,50 Euro from Netherlands to Germany and I receive it in 2 days.

The SC5 models have been discontinued for some time now, that's why you don't usually see them in stock. But NKON has the SC5w in stock.
Thanks Mr LED. I didn't realise the SC5 range had been discontinued. I thought it was one of their more recent ones! It's a shame because I really liked mine for the short period it was working. You are right about NKON. I baulked slightly at the price €75 and the shipping £13.50 to the UK. In effect this means it would cost around £90 for a model that costs $69 (£55) in the States. Not something I would wish to encourage!

Mr. LED

Enlightened
I feel your pain, lad. Unfortunately we have to pay higher prices. This has been holding me to afford a HDS for a couple of years.

Actually it was the latest model but was discontinued nonetheless, and had not been replaced by a successor. Also discontinued was the SC600w IV regular and HI versions, SC64w and c versions. The HI version I guess they can't source any more high intensity emitters, so I assume the SC64w HI will be next when they run out of boards. Grab them while you can, it's the best Zebralight so far, in my opinion.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i am haveing issues programing g7 mode i click 3 times to go lower and it just shuts off. i think i have to start off in the mode i want to program like set light to a certain level then shut light of then go sttraight to that mode from off then 6 double cllicks

ohio72

Newly Enlightened
i am haveing issues programing g7 mode i click 3 times to go lower and it just shuts off. i think i have to start off in the mode i want to program like set light to a certain level then shut light of then go sttraight to that mode from off then 6 double cllicks
From off did you click 7 times to get to g7? Here is a graph that might help you.

Attachments

• D17407FE-0C57-4718-B90B-59C2D30CBE67.jpeg
    D17407FE-0C57-4718-B90B-59C2D30CBE67.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 147

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello everyone
I have found that I have a problem with a H604c.
I bought it at the beginning of 2019, followed shortly after by H600Fc and then by H604d (three lights bought at 3 different times)
For various reasons I used these lights very little, after initial tests they remained unused.
The H600Fc had a high parasitic discharge, I sent it back to China and it was repaired.
Only now do I notice that the H604c has a problem with thermal management.
Testing it at H1 I realized that after a few seconds the power was dropping visibly but too quickly.
The H604d does not have this problem.

Afterwards, I did a lt of tests using a stopwatch and a lux meter.
The H604d (on H1) maintains constant power for about 50 seconds then begins a slow decline in brightness.
The H604c holds power for only 25 seconds then begins a very fast descent.
After one minute the H604d loses only around 10/15%
After one minute the H604c loses around 50/60%
I have tried various batteries (red Sanyo GA and Samsung 30Q 15A) and also to do the test using the same battery.
Changing the PID appears to have no effect on the H604c.
I tried to use the H604d tailcap on the H604c and nothing changes.
I add that this problem happens at H1 level but I have tried both lights also at H2 level (H2 = 1010 lumens)
Here, too, the H604c loses brightness much faster than the H604.
I also tried resetting the PID to factory settings but everything stays the same.
I remember reading that the first MKIV lights had PID issues but this was fixed at the end of 2018.
I do not understand if it is a defective light or if all the first H604c have this problematic PID, but it seems strange to me such a strong drop, it drops in 50/60 seconds from 1600 lumens to about 300 lumens.
Any idea on this?
I have many Zebralights but so far I have only had problems with this MKIV series
I tried to write to customer service (2 times) but I don't get a reply, strange because they usually reply immediately, even if just for information.
Does anyone know if after two and a half years I can get a replacement or repair for this H604c?

soli

Newly Enlightened
Does Zebralight have any social media presence? Trying to find out if there's any word on when their site will be back up or would I be better off going via a re-seller

soli

Newly Enlightened
didnt know the site was down?!?

are you sure?!?
Zebralight.com (unless it's something different now) redirects to an ecommerce site with the message "The Page You're Looking for is No Longer Active"

soli

Newly Enlightened
OK figured it out, it seems to be they are filtering by location, all my tests were via european based internet connections.

When I try via a US based one it works.

I guess when they say "We now accept orders from U.S. customers only." they went all out to make sure that it really is US customers only.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK figured it out, it seems to be they are filtering by location, all my tests were via european based internet connections.

When I try via a US based one it works.

I guess when they say "We now accept orders from U.S. customers only." they went all out to make sure that it really is US customers only.
I am in Germany not US and both links work fine.

fnsooner

Enlightened
The SC64c LE is out of stock again, but not before I grabbed three. I received two yesterday in the mail and my spydie senses started tingling, so I ordered another and got a shipping notice.

I just looked and they're gone.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
It doesn't work for me either, 3dcartstore appears.
Until yesterday I saw the Zebralight site working
I then received a reply from Zebralight cs (after about 3 days) from the IP address of the email I saw that they replied to me from Dallas TX.

fnsooner

Enlightened
Which is the best battery these days for the SC64c LE? I still have a few of those red Sanyo 10A cells that Zebralight sells. I know the 64 is picky about its battery and needs unprotected. So if I were to pick up a couple more cells dedicated to the 64, which would you all purchase?