The Official Zebralight Thread .

fwafwow

Newly Enlightened
Which is the best battery these days for the SC64c LE? I still have a few of those red Sanyo 10A cells that Zebralight sells. I know the 64 is picky about its battery and needs unprotected. So if I were to pick up a couple more cells dedicated to the 64, which would you all purchase?
+1 on this question - for the SC64w HI. (Sorry for imposing on your post @fnsooner )

fwafwow

Newly Enlightened
batts in my ZLs...

18650 Samsung INR18650-35E 3500mAh High Discharge FLAT Top
Thanks @AstroTurf. I've got two ZLs (SC64w HI, currently for pocket carry, and the H600c Mk IV for hunting) and only two batteries at the moment - a Samsung 30Q 3000mAh, and a Sanyo NCR 18650GA 3500 mAh. Sorry for the newby questions, but until I can get a few more for options, as between the two, what's the best to use for my carry FL? And where do folks recommend purchasing their batteries?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
is the 21700 zebra lights good? as most of you all know my fav traight in lights is how many lumens they can get out of a watt .i dont see how they can compare with lights who have 4 emiters

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't own one myself, but supposedly the SC700d is supposed to be extremely good. It features a quad-die LED (XHP 70.2), so output isn't too far off from multi-emitter lights.

At 2600 lumens, The SC700d's max output is lower than some multiemitter lights. However, where it really shines is runtime and efficiency. It can maintain almost 1000 lumens for nearly 2 hours. Very few other lights can do that. An Emisar D4 has a higher max output, but ramps down very fast and levels off within a couple minutes at 500 lumens.

Zebralight accomplishes this via Zebralight's extremely efficient drivers, coupled with the best heatsinking design of any similar-sized flashlight.

It should also be mentioned that multi-emitter lights tend to have a wide hotspot with little spill. The SC700d's beam pattern should look more like other traditional reflector lights with a distinct narrower hotspot plus lots of spill.

sgt253

Enlightened
Has anyone heard anything about Zebralights demise? Are they still in business? I went to the website just now to purchase a headlamp and it states that the page is no longer active. Did I miss something?

nollij

Newly Enlightened
I'm confused. zebralight.com is down... where is the official site? I bought my first ZL back in the early 2000's and it's still one of my best headlamps in terms of UI and portability. I don't love the headband but the light still holds up great. WTF?

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Site's not down. I have it open in another window looking at headlamps right now.

nollij

Newly Enlightened
Site's not down. I have it open in another window looking at headlamps right now.
Ok... I figured it out. Their host must be blocking VPN's because when I visit them through startpage.com and use the anonymous option, I can see the page. When I click directly on the link in a search engine or try to access it by direct URL entry, I get a weird message and redirect from https://www.3dcartstores.com/. I tried from at least 7 different servers (and several in different countries)and get the same result each time. Don't know if they just don't like MY VPN or if it's ALL VPN's they are blocking. Too bad... really was interested in buying another ZL. If anyone here feels like reaching out to their customer support for me via email and asking, I'd appreciate it... come to think of it, I think I can still order on the phone?

nollij

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone heard anything about Zebralights demise? Are they still in business? I went to the website just now to purchase a headlamp and it states that the page is no longer active. Did I miss something?
Apparently they don't like VPN's. Maybe too much fraud?

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Seems like ZL lights are never discussed anymore. The two biggest topics are 1) are they/did they go out if business and 2) why not shipping outside US.

Oh well, I'll just continue to use mine, without a desire to discuss them.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like ZL lights are never discussed anymore. The two biggest topics are 1) are they/did they go out if business and 2) why not shipping outside US.

Oh well, I'll just continue to use mine, without a desire to discuss them.
Zebralight is still in business. Supposedly they are even working on new models (SC65 etc.).

However, it HAS been a very long time since they actually released any new models, which isn't a good sign. Hopefully we'll see something new from them this year.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, it has been a loooooong time since ZL released a new model, and it's usually at this time of year. I'm still happily using my Zebralights every day and night and enjoying them as much as ever, but I'd love to see something new and would more than likely purchase a new release just to help support the company. Hope you're listening ZL : )

hatman

Enlightened
Hmmm.... Can anyone who's owned one verify that the SC700 can run for nearly two hours?

If so, what battery are you using, please?

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm.... Can anyone who's owned one verify that the SC700 can run for nearly two hours?

If so, what battery are you using, please?
Of course...
I have 2 and i can confirm it does run 2+ hours.
See zeroair review here.
And a quick runtime graph
zeroair_reviews_zebralight_sc700d_85-2048x1411.png

holygeez03

Enlightened
It's a sad time when The Official Zebralight Thread slips to Page 2.

I guess we aren't expecting any new models this year?