The Official Zebralight Thread .

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eneloops for the win! Also think it would be amazing if they made a 2xaa light. Been thinking hard about picking up an 18650 Zebra but I'm not there yet.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eneloops for the win! Also think it would be amazing if they made a 2xaa light. Been thinking hard about picking up an 18650 Zebra but I'm not there yet.
You might as well just get one, you will eventually haha!. Total game changer in runtimes and outputs. You could use it every night as a night light for 6 months running at .3 lumens if you wanted or 24/7 for 3 months

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah that was the same as the 52 series with the timed step down. It would have been nice if they had used PID to keep it higher longer, with corresponding lower runtimes. But I'm sure that was the compromise to also run the lower voltage batteries.
The 52 series work on 14500s? (Even unofficially)

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you!

I realised that I have the H51fw and got excited that could run on 14500s. I should read this after I have my coffee.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
Never had a 51 series. I think they work on 14500s but someone more knowledgeable than me would be required to confirm.

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
h51fw specs stolen from the web...

ZLH51FW: H51FW AA Flood Headlamp, 164 Max Lumens

ZebraLight

This light has 3 main levels (High, Medium, and Low). Each main level can be programmed to one of its two sub-levels. The second sub-level of each main levels can be further programmed to different brightness levels or strobes.

Basic Operation

Short click turns on the light to High or turns off the light.
Long click (press and hold for about 0.6 seconds) turns on the light to Low.

Advanced Operation and Configuration

Short click turns on the light to High. Short click again quickly to cycle from High to Medium, and Low.
Press and hold to cycle from Low, Medium and High, release to set. When press and hold, the light always cycle from Low to High regardless which level you are currently in.
Double click to toggle and select between the two sub-levels for that main level. Sub-level selections (except the strobe) for the 3 main levels are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes.
The second sub-level of each main levels can be configured after 6 double clicks. Double click (startng with the 7th) to cycle and select different brightness levels or strobes. Short click to turn off the light when finishing configurations. The selections for the second sub-levels are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes.

Comes with one black and one GITD silicone holder with headband, pocket clip, and two o-rings.

Features

• Electronic soft-touch switch, with a 200,000 cycle operating life
  • Smart user interface provides fast and easy access to all brightness levels
  • Precision machined unibody casing from premium grade Alcoa aluminum bar stock
  • Proprietary heat sinking design bonds the LED board directly to the unibody aluminum casing, providing unblocked thermal paths to over 94% of the surface area.
  • Durable natural hard anodized finish (Type III Class I)
  • Tempered optical grade ground glass
  • Battery power can be locked out by slightly unscrewing the tailcap to prevent unwanted activations or parasitic drain
  • Waterproof to IPX8 (2 meters, 30 minutes)

Specifications

• LED: Cree XP-G Neutral White (color temperature 4200 K)
  • User Selectable Levels: 3 main level (High, Medium and Low). Each main level can be configured to one of its two sub-levels. The second sub-level of the High can be further configured to different brightness levels or strobes.
  • Light Output
  • High: H1 164 Lm (0.9 hrs) or H2 82 Lm (2.4 hrs) / 115 Lm (1.7 hrs) / 4Hz Strobe
  • Medium: M1 25 Lm (10.5 hrs) or M2 6.5 Lm (26 hrs)
  • Low: L1 2.0 Lm (3 days) or L2 0.16 Lm (16 days)
  • Light output are out the front (OTF) values. Runtime tests are done using Sanyo 2000mAh Eneloop AA batteries.
  • Operating Voltage Range: 0.7V - 2.5V
  • Battery: One 1.5V AA (NiMH, lithium or alkaline). 14500 Li-ion batteries are not supported. Batteries are not included in the package.
  • Parasitic Drain: Negligible (equivalent to 16 years)
  • Beam Type
  • Flood beam from frosted lens, 90 degree beam spread
  • Dimensions
  • Diameter: 0.90 inch (23 mm)
  • Length: 3.2 inch (81 mm)
  • Weight
  • 1.2 oz (35.8 gram)
  • 2.2 oz (61.9 gram) with an Eneloop AA
  • 3.0 oz (84.9 gram) with an Eneloop AA and headband

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
now the h52fw on the other hand will accept 14500s...

ZLH52FW: H52FW AA Floody Headlamp, 266 Max Lumens

ZebraLight

This light has 3 main levels (High, Medium, and Low) and a beacon-strobe mode. Each main level can be programmed to one of its two sub-levels. The second sub-level of each main levels can be further programmed to different brightness levels.

Basic Operation

One short-click turns on the light to High or turns off the light.
Two short-click turns on the light to Medium.
Three short-click turns on the light to the beacon-strobe mode.
Press and hold (for over 0.6 seconds) turns on the light to Low and then Medium and High. Release at the desired level.

Advanced Operation and Configuration

Press and hold to cycle from Low, Medium and High, release at the desired level to set. When press and hold, the light always cycle from Low to High regardless which level you are currently in.
Double click to toggle and select between the two sub-levels for that main level. Sub-level selections for the 3 main levels are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes.
The second sub-level (H2, M2 and L2) of each main levels can be further programmed to different brightness levels. At a main level, double-click 6 times to start configuration. On subsequent double-clicks the light will cycle through different brightness levels. Short click to turn off the light when finishing configurations. The selections for the second sub-levels are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes.
This light uses the main LED (flashing 1 to 4 times) to indicate the estimated remaining capacity of the battery. To start the battery indicator, (from Off) short-click 4 times without pause.
Beacon-strobe mode can be accessed from 3 short-clicks when the light is Off. Once in the beacon-strobe mode, you can double-click to cycle through different types of beacons and strobes. Beacon-strobe settings are memorized when the light is turned off and through battery changes.

Comes with one black silicone holder with headband, pocket clip, and two o-rings.

Features

• Battery capacity indicator (LED flashes 1-4 times, 4 short clicks to start)
  • All levels are current regulated
  • Low battery alert when the light is switched Off (LED flashes if the battery voltage is below 1.06V)
  • Automatic stepping down to lower output when battery (AA and 14500) capacity is low
  • Built in over-discharging protection for 14500 batteries at 2.8V cutoff
  • Durable electronic soft-touch switch
  • Smart user interface provides fast and easy access to all brightness levels and beacon-strobes.
  • Precision machined unibody casing from premium grade aluminum bar stocks
  • Proprietary heat sinking design bonds the LED board directly to the unibody aluminum casing
  • Durable natural hard anodized finish (Type III Class I)
  • Sealed and potted LED driver circuitry
  • Tempered optical grade glass
  • Battery power can be disconnected by slightly unscrewing the tailcap to prevent unwanted activations or parasitic drain
  • Waterproof to IPX7 (2 meters, 30 minutes)

Specifications

• LED: Cree XM-L2 Neutral White (Norminal CCT 4400K)
  • User Selectable Levels: 3 main levels (High, Medium and Low). Each main level can be programmed to one of its two sub-levels. The second sub-level of the each main levels can be further programmed to different brightness levels.
  • Light Output
  • High: 266 Lm (0.9 hrs) or H2 163 Lm (1.7 hrs) / 102 Lm (3 hrs)
  • Medium: M1 47 Lm (7.5 hrs) or M2 23 Lm (12 hrs) / 11 Lm (27 hrs)
  • Low: L1 2.6 Lm (4 days) or L2 0.32 Lm (3 weeks) / 0.06 Lm (2 months) / 0.01 Lm (3 months)
  • Beacon Strobe Mode: 4Hz Strobe at H1 / 19Hz Strobe at H1
  • Light output are ANSI out the front (OTF) values. Runtimes tested (and parasitic drain estimated) using Sanyo 2000mAh Eneloop AA batteries. Light output with 14500 batteries are the same except that the H1 is 475Lm for the first minute and then step down to 266Lm.
  • Operating Voltage Range: 2.7V - 4.2V
  • Battery: One 1.5V AA (NiMH, lithium or alkaline) or 3.7V 14500 li-ion rechargeable. Batteries are not included in the package.
  • Parasitic Drain: Negligible (much less than the self discharging of a battery)
  • Beam Type
  • Floody beam from frosted lens, with 90 degree beam spread
  • Dimensions
  • Head Diameter: 0.86 inch (21.8 mm)
  • Length: 3.0 inch (76.5 mm)
  • Weight
  • 1.1 oz (32 gram)
  • 2.9 oz (80 gram) with an Eneloop AA and headband

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
this old thread can shed some light on the age old battery comparo...

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Knocked my Sc5c LE off the bathroom counter last night. Smacked hard on the tile, bounced into the floorboard, spun around a few times flickering, and then shut off. I picked it up and tried to click it back on….nothing. I pulled the the battery, put it back in…nothing. Put the same battery into the SC52w and it fired up no problem. Tried a dif battery in the Sc5 and it works perfectly. Upon inspection, the original battery in the Sc5 has the bottom pushed in quite a bit from who knows which light in the past. Guess the impact smacked the battery just enough to push it over the edge so that the pogo pins weren't making good enough contact. Anyway, got the first good drop out of the way and all is well. Small ding to the tailcap anodizing.
279EDCEB-BD45-4F79-8DD7-AAD66DFACB0F.jpeg

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Knocked my Sc5c LE off the bathroom counter last night. Smacked hard on the tile, bounced into the floorboard, spun around a few times flickering, and then shut off. I picked it up and tried to click it back on….nothing. I pulled the the battery, put it back in…nothing. Put the same battery into the SC52w and it fired up no problem. Tried a dif battery in the Sc5 and it works perfectly. Upon inspection, the original battery in the Sc5 has the bottom pushed in quite a bit from who knows which light in the past. Guess the impact smacked the battery just enough to push it over the edge so that the pogo pins weren't making good enough contact. Anyway, got the first good drop out of the way and all is well. Small ding to the tailcap anodizing. View attachment 34844
how'd the floor fair?

LOLz

holygeez03

Enlightened
I am tempted to get a zebralight headlamp, it would be useful when I am doing my car stuff.
Everyone should have a Zebralight headlamp... My H52Fw is my most used/carried light and I rarely use it as a headlamp. It makes a great EDC with just the clip and is quite useful handheld or as a right-angle work light.

Now I carry an H53Fc with 14500... but the H52Fw still gets plenty of action (and has a better clip).

awyeah

Enlightened
I just looked it up, and I've been carrying the same Zebralight SC62w for over 7 years now! Maybe it's time to upgrade. I like the permanently-attached clip and the overall size. Is the 64w a worthy upgrade?

Mr. LED

Enlightened
I just looked it up, and I've been carrying the same Zebralight SC62w for over 7 years now! Maybe it's time to upgrade. I like the permanently-attached clip and the overall size. Is the 64w a worthy upgrade?
The 64w HI version was a clear upgrade to me, better tint, more power, better ergonomics (the body is smoother and the edges are rounded and shorter). About the LE version I can't comment, I've never tested.

ScottsoSmith

Newly Enlightened
I think I found my perfect EDC. I just entered the world of Zebralight and I'm very impressed. The photo shows a Zebralight S64c LE with a silicone rubber diffuser I found on Amazon. I removed the standard clip and added a reversible Olight S1 Baton clip (fits perfectly). I use this light with the diffuser as a backpacking lantern and it works great for my purposes. I clip it onto a baseball hat (w/o diffuser) and it works great as an outdoor headlamp (probably not as good for an indoor, close work headlamp). It uses unprotected 18650 batteries, and it is only slightly bigger than the 1xCR123 lights. Good runtime, plenty of levels, and programmable. The 4000K CCT is very pleasing.

I'm hooked!!

View attachment 35457

View attachment 35458
68D8E507-148B-4EC4-AAF2-2428E4FA3E3B.jpeg