The rechargeable 10280 battery: does it come in a primary version?

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Hi folks! Despite some serious searching, I haven't been able to find a primary (i.e. non-rechargeable) version of the 10280 battery. Does such a battery exist?

It's for my Draco, which uses the 3.6v rechargeable lithium-ion 10280. This marvel has the diameter of a AAA cell but the length of an n-battery. As I understand it, this means that the battery is technically a 1/2 AAA.

I'm guessing that a primary version don't exist, but since I carry my Draco literally everywhere, I was thinking that it'd be nice to have a primary backup if it's available.

FYI, I've noticed that a few batteries are close. However, every one I've found is either a few millimeters off in size, or uses some exotic chemistry that's certainly not lithium. =)

So....is there a primary lithium version of the venerable 10280? Thanks in advance for all your help!

- Dan

Last edited:

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Just to clarify....any information would be helpful; even if you know for sure that such a battery *doesn't* exist, that'd help as well - it would let me stop looking for one. :nana:

- Dan

Marduke

Flashaholic
Since you intent is simply carrying a spare cell, what prevents you from simply carrying a spare 10280 cell?

lolzertank

Enlightened
Maybe emergency reasons? Li ion's self discharge/capacity loss isn't bad at all, so I would agree with Marduke. 10280 cells are fairly cheap too...

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
+ 2 with Marduke's idea.

Even if you could find a primary, I think you'd be disappointed with the output. I'm pretty sure the Draco relies on the 3.6-3.7 Volts that a Li-Ion provides. I have quite a few Li-Ion lights that are very disappointing when run on primaries.

Dave

lolzertank

Enlightened
may just have to use 4 AG13 cells instead with a spacer

4 AG13/LR44s have less capacity than a 10280 to begin with and will sag to nothing under the Draco's massive load. Even the 4th cell probably won't help. SG13/SR44 would be another story, but silver oxide cells are about a dollar a piece in bulk, so you might as well get another 10280 instead.

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
4 AG13/LR44s have less capacity than a 10280 to begin with and will sag to nothing under the Draco's massive load.

Ya, I'm sure you're correct on that one. They might be able to dribble along at a low level for a few minutes, but that'd be about it.

lolzertank, I like your sigline.

"Awesome! I just got the Luxoulree Z4 bin XD-Q! Wait... are you saying they released the Z5 bin the day after I bought it?"
You must not be a Fenix (et al) fan. Seeing as that's how they managed to sell a lot of people 5 versions of the same light. :)

Dave