The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

nixdorf

Newly Enlightened
Re: 6px tactical

Ok, so the 17670 is better than the Tenergy RCR123A 3V 900mAh and any other RCR? I'm going to get one soon then.

herosemblem

Enlightened

Where can I find a pocket clip for a G2X Pro or 6PX Pro?
I'd like to EDC mine, which necessitates having a pocket clip.

Due diligence already taken RE: CPF google search function & standard Google searching. No reliable results/leads. Thank you.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Where can I find a pocket clip for a G2X Pro or 6PX Pro?
I'd like to EDC mine, which necessitates having a pocket clip.

Due diligence already taken RE: CPF google search function & standard Google searching. No reliable results/leads. Thank you.

With SureFire's G2 and 6P models, a Novatac clip and a 5/16 O-ring was a great solution for clip-carrying those lights. Unscrew tailcap, slide the clip down, O-ring over the clip, screw tailcap back on. (Some preferred placing the O-ring under the clip.)

I recommend using thicker, plumbing, 5/16 O-ring. Got mine in an assortment pack at Wal-Mart.

Not 100% sure this will work on G2X or 6PX. But I doubt the dimensions of the body and tailcap are different compared to the older models. Lighthound.com was a great place to pick up spare Novatac clips. They likely still sell them.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, I'm posting from a rooted Nook Color here and it would be a nightmare for me to try to go back through all these pages so forgive me if I'm asking a redundant question. Do the 17670s provide the full output?

SgtCuts

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys I just received the new Surefire product catalog and noticed they are introducing a 6PX Defender sometime this year anyone know if the emitter is the same or if there are any differences besides the crenulated bezel?

Cole07

Enlightened
Are there any beamshot comparsions of a G2X/6PX versus a Quark 123^2 or Malkoff M61/M61L? I want to find out if these Surefires are competitive in today's 2xCR123 market, I just cannot seem to find them. I can't even find a regular review using the search bar. Can someone point me out in the right direction of a review? I just purchased mine and am loving it. The beam is absolutely flawless and the tint is pure cool white.

CheepSteal

Enlightened
That's good to hear that yours has a nice beam, just bought mine and anxiously waiting for the mail.. I haven't seen many detailed reviews for the X series either, seems to me like a great opportunity to compare Surefire to the other market options. I just wish the price didn't inflate so much :( I probably would've bought two..

Toons

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I'm posting from a rooted Nook Color here and it would be a nightmare for me to try to go back through all these pages so forgive me if I'm asking a redundant question. Do the 17670s provide the full output?

YES! G2X Pro anyway....:party: :thumbsup:

flashnight

Newly Enlightened
Just to chime in- I have the 6PX Pro and like it more after having used it a few months than I did when I first recieved it as a gift. The tint on mine is definitly on the warm side and it is sized prefectly for 17670. I actually just tried one out tonight, trustfire 17670, and it seemed about as bright as with two primaries. Mine will do the mode change on two cr123's if I hit it on right spot. However, I can not get it to change modes by hitting it when running the single cell 17670. Also I compared it side by side with a brand new 6PL and what a difference. The 6PX has such a nicer, brighter beam, nice clicky switch with lock out and perfect amount of space for laynard ring. The only negative I can find is its lack of lego-ability with led drop ins. But thats why I have a C2 and 6P:)

Coolhand68

Newly Enlightened
Are there any beamshot comparsions of a G2X/6PX versus a Quark 123^2 or Malkoff M61/M61L? I want to find out if these Surefires are competitive in today's 2xCR123 market, I just cannot seem to find them. I can't even find a regular review using the search bar. Can someone point me out in the right direction of a review? I just purchased mine and am loving it. The beam is absolutely flawless and the tint is pure cool white.

When comparing the beamshot of my 6PX Pro to the E2DL, LX2, and Malkoff M60/M61 against a white wall, the 6PX has a narrower/smaller hot spot and nearly as much flood as the other two Surefires. Probably close to half the diameter. Outdoors, the throw is about equal, but the E2DL, LX2, and Malkoffs are noticeably brighter in terms of flood and getting a little more throw.

Toons

Newly Enlightened
If i may ask, how snug of a fit is your 17760 in the G2X pro? Also what brand is the cell?
Cheers mate
This one is Ultrafire LC17670 1800 mAh and it is snug but still drops out without having to shake the light. You did not ask but for other readers the beam is as described by previous posters. Nice diffused hotspot smoothly transitioning to an even spill. It does not throw as far as Surefire lights with the Tiros optic such as the E2L or L1. It is impressively bright on the high setting however and all I have run it on so far is the 17670. Definitely a best bang for the buck in a Surefire light. :thumbsup: