The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
In actuality, runtime on 2x123 is even worse, because I think the proper mAh is 1550, not 1660. If that's so, then the graph is more plausible. But that is still such a drastic runtime difference. I would like to see runtime on Surefire (Panasonic) 123s vs Li-Ion. 90 minutes vs 45 minutes, something is not right.

I know I ran it on low with occasional high and got a very satisfactory runtime. It's the first light that I ever had that vastly exceeded my expectations.

On Low, it's a true end of the world device. Just runs and runs.

I believe it's 2500*3.7 versus 1550*6.0

So its around 9250 vs 9300.

danpass

Newly Enlightened
I certainly like it.
icon_smile_cool.gif

Momentary on; 15 lumens. Further press will lock on. 45hr runtime.

Double press; 320 lumens. Further press will click on. 2hr runtime.

I have one of those Rayovac Indestructibles (2AA) LINK for the shelf at the back door and I always loved the user interface, which is the same as this Surefire (different lumen range).

But this G2X Pro is smaller and smoother, so it fits in a pouch. I got a yellow from Kevin at brightflashlights.com

Next up is a G2X Tactical (one brightness, momentary only) for a weapon light.

Pic thread - (Caution: Hot Surface
icon_smile_tongue.gif
)

Surefire G2X Pro Hot Surface 121551 by Dan Passaro, on Flickr

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
Yours looks much more yellow, than mine! Mine is more of a faded (old-look) yellow. Batteries inside have a exp. date of 01-2026 so it's fairly new.

danpass

Newly Enlightened
Yours looks much more yellow, than mine! Mine is more of a faded (old-look) yellow. Batteries inside have a exp. date of 01-2026 so it's fairly new.
Camera and office lighting. It is a shade darker / more mustardy.

edit: batts are 02-2026

kj2

Flashaholic
Sounds like the same color. Also checked a few photos on Instagram, and looks most (or all) are not that bright. Still, the yellow stands nicely between all of my other black colored lights :D

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Love, love, lovin' that yellow G2x.

When my first G2x Pro arrived with a SureFire sticker I bought a second one soon after. Tan was the choice there. Then some black ones. No yellow (yet).

Now they're scattered throughout my home for use as 'dropsees' lights for finding what rolled under the sofa or to add that little extra shadow lighting...stuff like that. It makes a pretty good light for photography as well.

G2x Pro used to light the items.
Adds that little extra when needed.

I'm glad throughout their recent changes SureFire stuck with an entry level product that lives up to their reputation.

Last edited:

Jose Marin

Enlightened
My g2x le/6px hybrid

Bored myself 18mm

Hey guys new to the newer generation surefires. I tried searching but couldnt come up with anything, anyone know what ar glass will fit these heads and also does anyone know a tactical ring like the one showed in my pic that comes in aluminum? I cant stand the plastic lens and the tac ring on it now is a nitecore but they arent the most durable plastic. Thanks everyone!

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
My g2x le/6px hybrid

Hey guys new to the newer generation surefires. I tried searching but couldnt come up with anything, anyone know what ar glass will fit these heads and also does anyone know a tactical ring like the one showed in my pic that comes in aluminum? I cant stand the plastic lens and the tac ring on it now is a nitecore but they arent the most durable plastic. Thanks everyone!

Not the most durable? Possibly, but personally I would rather that break than have my hand taken off at the wrist. I've not had an issue with either of my similar plastic tactical rings, but I don't use the lanyard attachment either. I've not seen an aluminum version being marketed separately from a particular flashlight maker. I know Olight makes an aluminum one (I would prefer rubber) but it is threaded onto the body of the light and most likely would not fit a Surefire body unless you removed the theads. It also doesn't fit in the same manner so you would have to modify it in more ways than that. Might as well just make your own.

As for the glass, I don't believe you can swap out the lens in that model can you? Not without damage to the head.

Jose Marin

Enlightened
I don't believe you can swap out the lens in that model can you? Not without damage to the head.

The same bezel tool for the older Z44 heads fits the 6px and it comes right off, my aftermarket lens are too thick to fit unfortunately.. Since posting i ordered sone klarus xt11 tac rings that i think are aluminum hopefully and will try em out

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
The same bezel tool for the older Z44 heads fits the 6px and it comes right off, my aftermarket lens are too thick to fit unfortunately.. Since posting i ordered sone klarus xt11 tac rings that i think are aluminum hopefully and will try em out

You didn't mention who your lens was made by but I just took out my Solarforce lens and it looks to be about 1/16 of an inch thick. I don't have a micrometer and just held it up to a decent steel ruler.

thospress

Newly Enlightened
I have an older model G2x 200lm and the newer G2x 320lm and the difference in tint is dramatic to me.

The older G2x 200lm version is definitely whiter and cleaner. The newer G2x 320 lumen has a yellowish, almost a hint of greenish tint around the edges of the spot. The spot is a bit whiter than the outer flood.

I prefer the older 200lm version much better for the cleaner whiter beam. The output difference is negligible to my naked eye (is there a clothed eye? lol)... I know there is supposed to be a 120lm difference but I can't tell. Maybe slightly brighter for the 320.

I agree, entirely. The 320 version is a real disappointment.

cp2315

Enlightened
My 320 lumen G2x is perfectly white with no green or yellow. the beam is quite throwy. The hotspot is not defined as many other lights. I found I really liked it! Definitely not a disappointment to me.
On the contrary, I am not a fan of the beam from Elzetta Bravo AVS head. Wish I bought something else.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right. I would want the same output but longer runtime. The important thing is, if you wanted to, you could also use 2xAA in it, at least for the lower level and perhaps the 2xAA Lithiums might work on high, also.

last but not least, 3x123 are a bit easier to hold than shorter lites.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right. I would want the same output but longer runtime. The important thing is, if you wanted to, you could also use 2xAA in it, at least for the lower level and perhaps the 2xAA Lithiums might work on high, also.

last but not least, 3x123 are a bit easier to hold than shorter lites.

Although at a higher output, the PMX Fury would have filled this roll nicely. 200 lumens on 2xAA.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I like my G2x more than Fury P2x, because the runtime is double. The lumens are half but you get a full 90 minutes versus only 45 minutes in P2x. It's twice the lumens at 600 but half the runtime.