The Surefire BB login

Darell

Flashaholic
Is it just me?

Ever since the Surefire BB got a new URL, I have not been able to log in. I've had my login info emailed to me, and it is exactly what I'm using, but it won't work. So, of course I tried to reregister under a different name, but gosh, somebody with my email address has already registered... I'm just too tired to make a new email address and give it another go. Three attempts at registering per night are all that I can handle.

So I sent an email to the "contacts" link on the BB site. It just bounced as undeliverable. Am I cursed? Anybody else see that grey cloud above my head? Are they trying to tell me something?

So, is anything interesting being talked about over there?

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's some tips:

-Delete the old cookie in your computer
-re-log in, by using info sent to you, after you request your password/log in name from the SF BB(to see what they have on file)
-type in the password, don't cut/paste
-maybe you're using the old URL? the new one is: http://66.113.176.74/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

--dan

Darell

Flashaholic
OK Ken. I'm taking you up on your offer.

I can't send email to the "contact us" link, I've deleted ALL of my cookies and tried to log in from the page that comes up after the old links, the new links, and everything in between.

DonL

Enlightened
That must be frustrating as all get-out. When the site changed over, I had to hose the cookie files and log in fresh and it seemed to work for me.

Ken'll get you straightened out.

robo

Newly Enlightened
Do not only delete the old cookies, but make sure that the "accept cookies" function in your browser-settings is enabled. That has been a problem of mine a few weeks ago.
rolleyes.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Slightly off topic but:

Is there any particular reason the SFDB has been set up so only registered and logged-in users can read the posts? Personally I don`t see why you need to be a member just to read things (unlike CPF when anyone`s free to lurk before deciding to join us or not).

It wasn`t like this a while back before the UBB upgrades. Why the change?

I`m just more curious about it than anything really...(but it is frustrating when I want to read at work as I kept my obscure UBB-issue password for securuty, and don`t know it offhand).

confused.gif
wink.gif