• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired "The Torch" Interest / Sign-Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can charge it at 2 amps but typically cells give a longer lifetime if charged at 1C or below. 1C would be 1.4 amps.

Mac

DaveNagy

Newly Enlightened
Well, I ended up letting the Triton do a 1.5A discharge of the pack. I set the minimum voltage to 0.9V per cell, or 10.8V for the whole pack. Please let me know if that is a sane discharge endpoint. It seemed like it didn't take long at all for the Triton to beep, signifying that the discharge was done. Less than ten minutes, if I recall correctly. The pack was cool to the touch at this point. I let the pack rest for a while, and then kicked off another discharge cycle, this time sucking power out at 0.5A. As soon as the pack voltage dropped below 12V, I reduced the discharge rate further. Eventually, I let it finish up at 0.1A. That pack was still cool, and I was hoping that at I could now rely on all the cells to be equally spent.

After waiting about 45 minutes, I kicked off a charge cycle at 1.0A. After about 80 minutes, I noted that the cells were just barely warm to the touch. The Triton had put about 1275mAH into the pack at that point. I kinda hung out, watching the display and hoping to see the Triton sense the voltage peak and shut itself off. The cells were noticibly warmer after just a couple minutes. After 86 minutes, the cells were quite warm (not hot), so I shut off the charger by hand. The Triton said that it had put 1325mAH into the cells.

The pack is resting right now. A couple minutes after it came off the charger, it was reading 17.61V into no load. Now, ten minutes later, it's at 17.55V. At what point (voltage) will it be safe to try to light the Torch again?

Mark_J

Newly Enlightened
I may be too late, but if not, here's my request: Turnkey package (except for the charger) and a pewter body. Thanks!

- Mark

solaris

Newly Enlightened
Please add me to the waiting list. I'd like a turnkey package, silver finned and fluted if possible but i'd take anything really :)

MEGALODON

Newly Enlightened
If it's not too late, put me on the list for a turnkey package (black if possible).
thanks.

JasonC

Newly Enlightened
Just noticed my name on the list! I wasn't expecting anymore to be made so I lost all hope, now I can't wait to get one :rock:
Anyone got any pics of the different colours available?

Jason

Big B

Newly Enlightened
I would also love a Turnkey package. If it's not too late.

Thnak you.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
JasonC said:
Hi Mac,

Any idea when the new batch will start to ship? and did you get my PM?

Many thanks
Jason

Sorry but this list is closed as the interest is higher than I can supply right now.

Sorry Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.