• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired "The Torch" Interest / Sign-Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok. I will take a full turnkey package......make mine to have the same finish as this:

torch3mq.jpg

This image is from Lips (just borrowing his image....hope he doesn't mind. Nice collection, by the way).

muuuhahahahahaha!!!! :devil:

WP

EDIT: CANCELLED MY SIGN UP. Bad case of the pissed-off wife....

Last edited:

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Somehow I missed this thread until this moment. I'm very much IN! Please sign me up for a full boat turnkey package, batteries and all. FLuted head too please. Possible to get this to match my MiniMini finish wise?

Also, could you describe the bi-pin adapter? Is it similar to the Fivemega design? I have quite a few G6.35 Osram axial 100W bulbs that would do nicely in this light. I'd be interested in a couple (3) of the bi-pin adapters for my other lights.

Paypal locked and loaded.

This looks like a lot of FUN!

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Lunarmodule.....
I was wondering when you'd get here....:grin2:

Lunarmodule said:
Somehow I missed this thread until this moment. I'm very much IN! Please sign me up for a full boat turnkey package, batteries and all. FLuted head too please. Possible to get this to match my MiniMini finish wise?

Also, could you describe the bi-pin adapter? Is it similar to the Fivemega design? I have quite a few G6.35 Osram axial 100W bulbs that would do nicely in this light. I'd be interested in a couple (3) of the bi-pin adapters for my other lights.

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick question though....

I'm normally not a huge incan fanboy, so I only have an M6 in my incan arsenal. Would "The Torch" spank my M6-HOLA in terms of output/throw? Any way of providing a comparison beamshot of the two?

:thumbsup: WP

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no Bi-Pin adapter it's a ceramic Bi-Pin holder in a machined aluminum housing designed for this light. Sorry they are not available for sale and they would not work in a stock stlye light anyway :)

Mac

Lunarmodule said:

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Edit: Mac,

I don't ususally jump on the wagon, but if its possible to make a Torch like Wave Particle and Dad are asking for (Silver, finned) then that would be my preference as well. If not, the requested Fluted Black will be fine.

Mac - :goodjob:

Full turn-key pkg. for me, Black with the Flutes, please.
Matches my Mini :grin2:

Last edited:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
WAVE_PARTICLE said:

I'm normally not a huge incan fanboy, so I only have an M6 in my incan arsenal. Would "The Torch" spank my M6-HOLA in terms of output/throw? Any way of providing a comparison beamshot of the two?

The Mag85 in the beamshots I posted SPANKS a M6. The Torch SPANKS the Mag85. So you M6 would be Triple SPANKED :)

Mac

Crosman451

Newly Enlightened
Awwwwwwww! Darn you Mac! I've been looking at those beautiful pictures of the fluted heads for the last couple of hours...I can't stand it any longer! Blue flutes for me...I'm sooooo weak :(

chasm22

Newly Enlightened
WAVE_PARTICLE said:

Spank wouldn't be the correct word. About the only things these two lights have in common is they are both incan's. I seriously doubt whether you could see any part of the M6 beam with this light thrown over it. And that includes the spill. The Torch is probably putting out around 5 times the lumens at any particular moment. Given the fact that the hola on an M6 running lithiums starts dimming after just a couple of minutes, it might be closer to six times the output.

Don't get me wrong, I have 2 M6's and they're beautiful lights. I would pick either one over this light for anything except show and tell time. These lights are strictly for bragging rights IMO. Mac has already stated as much. They're intended for short duration usage. I personally can't wait to casually pull one out of my back pocket some night and watch my son-in law's eyes when I light up the block he lives on.

chasm22

chasm22

Newly Enlightened
Mac,

What I said before. The full package including a fluted head if possible. I'll take any matching color, would prefer blue or red. No chance of any HAIII's?

This light is a going to be unreal. I'm starting to have heart palpitations:clap:

Chuck
CPF=chasm22

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
love the flutes.. much like the spiral cut i have from FM... very distinctive.

funny comments re: followup on spanking an M6... the output from a light like this will make an M6 look like a maglite, not kidding.

-awr

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
A triple spanking, huh?

A triple spanking is quite significant. To be spanked once, that would be equivalent to a good beating. To be spanked twice, that's a beating plus a stolen wallet. But THREE times?

I shutter to think......

WP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts