The vintage California cop light company thread

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Sigmalite was a such a short lived project it's hard to know exactly when or what occured. If I recall correct it lasted about 2 years with the change occuring mid-way.
The answers you seek are in Don Kellers noggin.

konifans

Enlightened
The first generation Maglite AA
I have been looking for these for many years.

DSC_6308.jpg

DSC_6303.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Good guess KG, but actually he was giving me the sad eye because I'd interupted his termite meal.
114C7910-966B-4E12-86CA-80E6C31F927F.jpeg

A couple of minutes prior to me taking the flashlight outside for a photo I saw him through the window munching away on a guardrail to the doggy ramp we built back when another dog had gotten a bionic tendon in his knee.

I put a glass lens from flashlighlens and a Maglite PR base xenon bulb in the light so it appears brighter than it was when fully stock. The beam is much whiter with xenon than from a GE argon bulb that originally came with the light.

Last edited:

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
Back in the day when I first got into my line of work, the common cop light was either a streamlight SL20X or a Maglite Magcharger. All of the cars had charging docks for them. The common tactical lights were surefire. Its rather amazing how the old surefires that I used to see commonly are now things of the past. I remember seeing a surefire Z2 with its lens cover for the tac teams. They got all the neat things like dedicated fore-end lights. If you had a lighted weapon, it was either an insight UTL or a surefire P series weapon light. My my the times have changed.

jz6342

Newly Enlightened
Back in the day when I first got into my line of work, the common cop light was either a streamlight SL20X or a Maglite Magcharger. All of the cars had charging docks for them. The common tactical lights were surefire. Its rather amazing how the old surefires that I used to see commonly are now things of the past. I remember seeing a surefire Z2 with its lens cover for the tac teams. They got all the neat things like dedicated fore-end lights. If you had a lighted weapon, it was either an insight UTL or a surefire P series weapon light. My my the times have changed.
I remember getting a MagCharger as a prize at the security company I worked for in the mid 80's - it was THE STUFF! I had it for many years until I passed it onto my oldest son and we mounted it in his truck (with a new bulb and battery pack). He's still using it:)

Latest posts