The VIP Thread

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: VIP -BH or BBH

Sweet. When does the auction start? Which one do you like better Charlie?

mst3k

Enlightened
Re: VIP -BH or BBH

Gosh now I wish "almost" that I hadn't seen the finished knurling next to the wide fin version. That wide fin one sure looks sweet! I ain't complainin'! I am definitely waiting patiently and nervously for my highly prized VIP!

Oh yeah, and Stitch is one our favorite characters here at the Mouse House!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Re: VIP - Fraternal Alien Twins

Allen, nope, ya'll gots to get yore ow'un aliens...

Justintox, just make sure you don't pay more than a buck or so each...SureFires are $1.25, BatteryStation's are $1, none of these prices include shipping though...

Tim, going by your picture I'd say your Stitch can beat up my Stitch any day...

Aten, "sign up" for posters? You're going to be the one making the posters!!!

Cue003, I dunno, I like the look of the wides, but the knurleds do indeed feel better in the hand...

I have a feeling (but don't hold me to this yet) that there may be a few (and I mean a Few) unknurled, unanodized, wide-finned, fully-built, fully-functional protos when the dust finally settles after this gigantic build is over and done with...but don't hold me to it. If they do indeed come into existence, then please *Watch This Space*. Meanwhile I would appreciate it if everybody please NOT e-mail me about this...

KingSmono

Enlightened

Would you say that the light is *pocketable* with the BH? That's primarily what I want... a crazy-a$$ bright "pocket-light." With the BBH, it doesn't seem very pocketable, so I'd probably leave that at home...and instead of changing heads on my VIP, I'd probably just grab my MagCharger w/ UMP to light up the night. Thanks!

-Smono

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think The VIP with the BH will still be pocketable, but not what most would call a pocket light.

However, The VIP will not need a BH on it in order to be extremely bright and throw well and it will be a true pocket friendly light.

Britt

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Britt n' Kings, good points both. I still classify "pocketable" as fitting in the pocket and then being able to sit down. The BBH will not allow this, although the BH *might*, depending upon its final form.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

i cant wait to people start to get this baby.going to be plenty of happy campers..

idleprocess

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
I have a feeling (but don't hold me to this yet) that there may be a few (and I mean a Few) unknurled, unanodized, wide-finned, fully-built, fully-functional protos when the dust finally settles after this gigantic build is over and done with...but don't hold me to it. If they do indeed come into existence, then please *Watch This Space*. Meanwhile I would appreciate it if everybody please NOT e-mail me about this...

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you just guaranteed yourself a deluge of e-mail.

The un-knurled body looks neat, but also looks to be a bit tougher to grip for any length of time. But perhaps I'm lacking scale - the gaps between fins look huge in the photos, but are likely small compared to the human hand.

(counts self out of any Jamaican stick fight(s) for as-yet non-existant prototype(s))

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think part of the appeal to this light and it's incantations will be the look what I've got to your friends. Just seeing the look of disbelief, and I'm not intending this to mean arc4 owners,on their faces will be priceless, like how did he do that?

jack32088

Newly Enlightened

Charlie: Would you consider putting both of the development masters up for auction? If you don't want to let go of both of them you could let the high bidder have his/her choice.
They sure are purrdy. (where is the smiley for "lust"?)

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mr Bulk, I just read that the fins will be smaller than those on the "second" Proto? At first I did not like it but now Im stuck on the seond Lights design! Now your doing a compormise thing? LOL its driving me nuts! I'll be happy with whichever route you are taking but im just curious, I was thinking that a Black with large fins looks like an awefully cool light saber, especialy unknurled, but either way I liked the more durable looking. Ahh well, just curious and impatient...I am trying though! heh.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Last post for me, going to bed right after this and will address some of the recent posts from tonight later on, but the first batch of regular production converters are here and being worked on:

VIP%20Build%20Jellyfish.jpg

And here's the relative size:

VIP%20Build%20convt%20CU.jpg

But truth be told - see the metal circle buried in the green board? Actually That is the real footprint of the VIP converter, within which all the components are mounted (about .50" or so) meaning it can go into some Really tiny lights later (I'll be selling just the boards quite soon - hear that, tvodrd?), but we had the additional pcb edging left on to facilitate and strengthen the way the board mounts in the VIP.

Good night all...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast

Didn't think I would be posting so soon but that looks great! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I know what will be going into my CNC123 should I ever manage to get one! Maybe one of those cool switches too if you decide to sell them with the board /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
VIP%20Build%20Jellyfish.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

"Jellyfish"... I like that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Man, I look at those tiny components and the teeny-tiny wires and welds and thank God there are modders here who can do my installing for me.

In my family there is a congenital malady passed down on the male side that manifests itself at middle-age. Things jump out of our hands for no reason. Our fingers turn into glass-slick protuberances that don't reliably answer commands sent from the Central Nervous System.

Elementary tasks for normal men baffle us. Last night I was attempting to put the slip-on red filter onto my PM6 and they erupted out of my spasming claws like they had a life of their own. Fortunately, the light cartwheeled onto the sofa and the filter cleaned off nicely after landing in the Philodendron pot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Britt

Aten_Imago

Banned

Poster: BC0311
"erupted out of my spasming claws like they had a life of their own"
May I use this line to describe some flashlights I may be reviewing soon. It really will save me the bother of inventing my own ingenious string of words! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Sure, Aten Imago. You too, eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Britt

illumiGeek

Enlightened

I really like that knurled proto, but I know if it goes up for auction it will end up far out of my price range. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4x4, your Stitch just needs a bigger gun (light)...

Stitch2.JPG