The Walking Dead ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS*** - You've Been Warned!

Str8stroke

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes indeed!! I jumped off the coach shouting & clapping. Not sure if my wife was laughing at me or with me.

Greta

Greta

Administrator
Staff member
Yes indeed!! I jumped off the coach shouting & clapping. Not sure if my wife was laughing at me or with me.

LOL! My son and I both jumped up and yelled "YES!!" - the dogs scattered!! :p

Str8stroke

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I told my wife, there must be more to this Wolves pack than 2 people. I can't wait to see how their new nemesis goes down. I saw a ton of walkers with the W. Its gonna get good.

W

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
What Car does Ducky drive on NCIS - think about that for a moment

Greta

Greta

Administrator
Staff member
***SPOILER***SPOILER***SPOILER***

I just watched the final scene again HERE. If you haven't seen it yet - DO NOT CLICK THAT LINK!!!

EPIC!! TOTALLY EPIC!!

Launch Mini

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a tiny bit more after that final scene if I recall. I had forgotten all about M, had too google him to remind me.

recDNA

recDNA

Flashaholic
I don't likenthe abandonment of the mythology. They get zombie blood in their eyes, their mouths, their wounds yet of no consequence.

Monocrom

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Supporter
There was a tiny bit more after that final scene if I recall. I had forgotten all about M, had too google him to remind me.

Shame on you. (LOL)

BTW, sorry guys for being tardy. Real life got in the way of posting. I'll put up the spoilers for episode 15 by Thursday. The 90 minute season finale by late Friday at the earliest. And yes.... Did anyone really expect it to be less than awesome?

subwoofer

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, there was.... and it was very poignant, IMHO. And yet another "YES!!!" moment... ;)

Those mean talking dead people won't let me play the video as I'm in the UK :(

However, I have seen the entire finale including the very last little bit at the end of the credits ;)

Now I'm going to have to re-watch every episode of every season.

RetroTechie

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just watched the final scene again HERE.
Those mean talking dead people won't let me play the video as I'm in the UK :(
Same here: (NL) "the uploader has not made this video available in your country" :rant: Ah well, BT to the rescue. :laughing:

Now I'm going to have to re-watch every episode of every season.
Oh, that's only some ~30 hrs of video. See you next week! :laughing:

FWIW, I didn't like season 5 as much as some previous seasons. I kinda missed the change-overs between 'quiet' periods, working towards some kind of fast-paced finale where it was all-out action & drama. Like when the prison was overrun in season 4. Or that powerful scene where Carol's little girl gets shot after the walkers are released from Herschel's barn (halfway season 2). Or when Rick takes a bite out of his opponent's neck in season 4 (and then has his way with the dude that threatened Carl :sick2: ).

Character developement, yes. Building on previous story lines, yes. Advancing the overall story, yes. But edge-of-your-seat suspense (or even laughs, for that matter), ehm... not as much as previous seasons.

Overall it was still pretty good though. Will be a long wait before season 6 starts...

G. Scott H.

G. Scott H.

Enlightened
I don't likenthe abandonment of the mythology. They get zombie blood in their eyes, their mouths, their wounds yet of no consequence.

I only recently got into the show, but I see what you mean. I just saw a repeat earlier this week where Sasha accidentally cut Abraham's arm after slicing through a zombie neck. That would be a death warrant in traditional zombie lore. Apparently not so in WD Land. :confused:

subwoofer

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only recently got into the show, but I see what you mean. I just saw a repeat earlier this week where Sasha accidentally cut Abraham's arm after slicing through a zombie neck. That would be a death warrant in traditional zombie lore. Apparently not so in WD Land. :confused:

I thought they were writing Abraham out in that scene. Not so impressed with the level of zombie infectiousness in this series.....or is Abraham the answer, maybe he is immune and will be humanities salvation? (OK, not being a comic book reader I don't know if that has already been answered)

MidnightDistortions

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
They do some ridiculous things that would have most of the group infected, the ignorance of the zombie mythology is most likely just for drama or effect. The worst scene to watch is when Daryl and Carol was in that ambulance and you could clearly see it fall front first (not falling wheels straight down, all the weight was up front), that scene should have ended with a front end collision. It most likely would have killed either Daryl or Carol.

recDNA

recDNA

Flashaholic
I like iZombie. She solves crimes with undead powers while microwaving the finest in zombie cuisine!

Monocrom

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Supporter
Season 5, Episode 15 *Spoilers*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay.... So it seems the big finale is going to be due to horrible misunderstandings.

Glenn doesn't tell Deanna what happened during the run. Instead, he tells Rick.... and just Rick. Meanwhile, surprise surprise, Nicholas tells Deanna his version of what happened. The fairy tale that makes HIM look good, while crucifying Glenn. Also, no; Maggie does not sit down with Deanna to explain all the help the group gave Gabriel. Nor does she tell her what he did to his last congregation. Why Glenn and Maggie don't talk to Deanna at all.... no clue!!

Sasha is now almost completely over the edge with the news that Noah died. Carl and his new love-interest are turning things up a notch. It was interesting to see an egg-timer being used to get the attention of a small group of walkers so the two of them could enjoy a bit of time alone in the woods. Doesn't last long though. Oh yeah, and she may be a spy for another group. One far less friendlier than Rick's. Maybe part of the group that has been carving "W"s into the heads of walkers. Or, perhaps human-beings who are then killed off. Michonne wants desperately to believe in Alexandria. So much so that when she and Maggie go searching for half-crazed and suicidal Sasha, Michonne leaves her sword behind. Electing to take her recently-issued Beretta 92F instead. She wants to leave behind who she was out there, and be someone else now that she's reached Alexandria. Turns out Nicholas was the one who stole Rick's hide-out gun (the Glock pistol) out of the broken blender.

The Producers decide to hit us over the head and leave no doubt as to who the abuser actually is. Rick decides to tackle the situation head-on. Even though Deanna knows all about it, but since the abuser is literally the only doctor in town; she's not going to do anything about it. And, tells Rick to turn a blind eye to it as well. Rick can't. But not just because it's the right thing to do. But also because he's fallen in love with the abuser's wife. Rick then decides to tackle something else. Namely, the abuser.... right out of a fricking window! The fight scene that follows is a particularly brutal one, as Rick tries to kill the husband of the woman he's now in love with.

Yup! Rick is now Shane.

Which kinda works out, as Michonne has become Andrea.

When the fight ends, Rick pulls out the little snub-nosed .38 Special that Carol stole and earlier gave to him. (Once again, keep in mind that Rick still has his big *** stainless steel .357 Magnum Colt Python strapped to his belt; which he doesn't go for.) Rick waves his little .38 around and rants that Alexandria is not safe. That these people are just fooling themselves that it is. Michonne comes up and knocks Rick out with a blow to the back of his head. She seems to betray him. But during the fight, Rick knocked Carl down to the ground when Carl tried to break up the fight. Maybe Michonne did it because Rick was just out of control, and perhaps a danger to everyone. Still, it reminded me of something Michonne said to Andrea when Andrea chose to stay in Woodbury.... "You sold me out for a warm bed." Add to that, a safe place to live. All before Andrea learned just how dangerous the Governor was. Looks like Michonne is now doing the very same thing to Rick. And although Andrea pulled a gun on Michonne, at least she never actually struck her.

The 90-minute season finale should be amazing. But seems to me that it'll be based on a series of misunderstandings. Most of which could have been cleared up if Glenn and Maggie had just sat down and talked openly and honestly with Deanna.

Last edited:
Monocrom

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Supporter
Season 5, Episode 16 *Spoilers*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morgan is back! He's very Zen and apparently learned bo staff fighting somewhere. We get introduced to the Wolves. A murderous group that takes what it needs and wants from random strangers they encounter. And that includes their lives. This group carves "W"s into their own heads. Apparently the price one of their own pays for breaking one of their rules is a horrific death.

Rick wakes up in an empty house. Not even actually guarded by anyone. In fact, he can go outside and walk around pretty much as he pleases. (With one of the other guns Carol stole and hands to Rick after he wakes up.) Michonne let's Rick know that she knocked him out for his benefit. Not for the benefit of the Alexandrians. Sasha is definitely suicidal. She later goes to seek guidance from a far more suicidal Gabriel. He goes outside for a walk before encountering Sasha inside Alexandria. While outside, he tries to commit suicide by letting a walker bite him. But immediately changes his mind when he sees that the human snack the walker was nibbling on, is still alive! Gabriel gets his first walker kill. Then kills the literally half-eaten person whose face was eaten off as well. That one being a mercy kill. Returning, Gabriel has clearly lost it. When asked to close the gate, he half-asses it and leaves it quite ajar. He then gets into it with Sasha. And the confrontation turns violent.

Outside the walls, Nicholas tries to kill Glenn with the stolen Glock. Fails. And after getting a beating, Glenn still decides to let him live. Sasha struggles with Gabriel, but she too decides to let him live after Maggie walks in.

There's going to be a town meeting to decide what will be done about Rick.

Daryl and his new buddy lose track of a lone survivor in a red poncho. But they do encounter a food warehouse with trailers parked by the loading dock. Unfortunately, it's one of the traps that the Wolves like to set. Opening one of the trailer doors triggers all of them to open. With a $#[email protected] of walkers inside. The two soon take refuge in a car. Pretty soon getting rescued by Morgan, who finally makes more than just a cameo appearance at the very start of the episode. And thankfully, he seems to no longer be crazy as Hell. Daryl has never met Morgan, but Morgan hands him a map with Rick's name written on it. Morgan and Rick are finally reunited at the very end of the episode. Before that, the guy in the red poncho is killed by two wolves.

Back in Alexandria, Carol confronts the abuser so that he can check on Tara since he operated on her. Unfortunately, Carol then horribly provokes him! Which will have consequences at the end of the episode. The abuser has been relocated to another house.... Literally next door to the old one where his wife still lives. Oh and he is also unguarded. :rant:

Though the armory is now at least guarded.

Sure enough, thanks to Gabriel, a handful of walkers get in. Rick realizes what happened. He shuts the gate and goes looking for the walkers. Oh yeah he soon finds them! And kills them. Though he pops one of their heads like a giant zit. With plenty of gore falling down into his eyes and mouth. But, Rick doesn't turn. Okay....

At the meeting, the Alexandrians seem shocked that Rick had a loaded gun on him. (And yet again, everyone forgot that Rick had a fricking .357 Magnum strapped to his hip before that incredible fight with the abuser! What is wrong with everyone?! Was there a scene in which Deanna let Rick keep his Python, but he had to empty it?? If there was, that was one scene they shouldn't have edited out.) Also, despite going to bat for Rick along with the other members of the Group; Maggie still keeps her mouth shut about the major atrocity Gabriel committed. Even when Deanna mentions how Gabriel warned her about Rick and the Group.

Eugene and Abraham finally work out their differences. Not with fighting. But by talking. As is typical among guys, the conversation is short and sweet. (Well okay, it was very short. But they worked it all out.) Rick decides to trust Michonne by telling her the whole truth. She let's him know they don't need the Alexandrians here. But she feels things can be worked out with them. Morgan's words echo in Rick's head. About how the world is now is just a nightmare. And that nightmares end. A hopeful message.

After the last walker is dead and the Group stands up for him, Rick arrives and dumps a dead-again walker by the campfire inside Alexandria where the meeting is taking place. Rick starts his rant again.... But with different words and a different tone. The abuser shows up. And he's got Michonne's sword! Reg makes the mistake of approaching him, and gets his throat sliced open before the abuser can be restrained. Reg dies in Deanna's arms. Deanna tells Rick to shoot Pete, the abuser. Rick obliges. And then Morgan shows up.

After the credits role, we see Michonne strap on her sword again. Despite having told Rick she didn't need it anymore. Also, we get a blatant message that in Season 6, the Wolves are coming. And they will be because one of them finds a certain set of photos that Daryl's new buddy (Aaron) uses to recruit survivors. So now the Wolves know all about Alexandria.

Last edited: