The Walking Dead ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS*** - You've Been Warned!

Greta

Flashaholic

Perhaps the writers and producers want TWD audience to feel what it's like to live through a zombie and man's inhumanity to his fellow man apocalypse. There's just no hope of it getting better. Nothing but misery.

~ Chance

OMG - that's so.... depressing!! :laughing:

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMO there's obviously been a decision made to adopt a quasi-comic book approach to the TWD. How else to explain the simplistic character behavior, weekly explosions, annoying music during battle scenes, etc., etc., etc. But why mess with a top-rated show's winning formula unless they're aiming for a different demographic or...?

The difference in the prior season's compelling characters and season 7's cartoon people is glaring. Can you imagine a Jadis-Governor alliance? I'd love to see Shane & Merle meet the garbage pail kids.

OttaMattaPia

Newly Enlightened
Sadly, after 6 seasons of devout viewership I now find myself emotionally removed from TWD. Where I once was transfixed by scenes (e.g., the Terminus baseball bat & trough scene), now I apathetically watch the show not really caring what happens. Even the Negan-Carl scene didn't grab me.
Season 7's unrelentingly dismal episodes have taken their toll to the point where FTWD might actually be more interesting.

A statement I thought I'd never make!

DITTO.

My wife and I actually enjoy Zombie Nation now more than TWD
Seems they're out of ideas and not willing to open up to fresh blood (writers)

Too predictable. Too slow moving. Same old same old. The zombies aren't scary anymore.....what scares us is the commercial breaks and the extensive group hugs scenes.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
YouTube Warning!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once again, we have morons on YouTube posting major season ending spoilers in the description titles of their vids.

Start scrolling, and done. I know not everyone has seen the last episode just yet. Analysis vids. would be one thing. But they simply copy & paste scenes, make no commentary, and try to get views in the laziest manner possible.

So yeah, consider staying off of YouTube until you've caught up.... Took me awhile to calm down a pissed off lady friend who hasn't seen the last episode yet.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
gunga... I think at this point no one really cares anymore. This season sucked as far as writing. And the season finale was no different. I doubt anything could "spoil" it any worse than the writers themselves did... :ironic:

Yeah, they got lazy as Hell this season. Looks like we'll have a Season 8, but unless it kicks more butt than Season 5; Season 9 might not exist. Still. I'll wait a bit longer before posting specific spoilers. I know there are ironically some fans holding out real hope that the show gets 1000% better at the start of Season 8.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
IMO there's obviously been a decision made to adopt a quasi-comic book approach to the TWD. How else to explain the simplistic character behavior, weekly explosions, annoying music during battle scenes, etc., etc., etc. But why mess with a top-rated show's winning formula unless they're aiming for a different demographic or...?

The difference in the prior season's compelling characters and season 7's cartoon people is glaring. Can you imagine a Jadis-Governor alliance? I'd love to see Shane & Merle meet the garbage pail kids.

*Comic Book Spoilers mentioned below.*
I have to disagree about "quasi."

They've gone nearly full comic book. Negan's entire character, Carl losing his eye, Glenn being killed exactly the way he died in the comics.... Hell, if the actor playing Heath hadn't gotten hired onto another TV series with a bigger role, I'm sure we would have seen him get his leg blown off just like in the comics. Instead of apparently wandering off blind, without his glasses into most likely the arms of a hungry walker.

Assuming Heath would have even been given the chance to morph into the much more important character that he is in the comics. Especially since another such character wasn't even introduced and killed off immediately with a wound to her stomach in the TV show.

Honestly, the man originally in charge wanted to do a fully realistic version of the Walking Dead for TV audiences. That was season 1. Then the guy got fired. Fast forward to Season 7 when newly introduced characters are as paper thin as some of the ones in the comics.

Last edited:

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
greta, i appreciate being able to gripe about this finale while its fresh on our minds. with that said, im okay with the finale we got. why waste a good finale on a dumpster fire of a season? Heres a few things that really stuck out to me....
1- they need to cut back on Ezekiel's cheese factor. ive mentioned before that i liked when he broke character when he was chatting it up with Carol back in episode 2. instead of going full lord of the rings when they arrived at Alexandria with something along the lines of "alexandria will not fall on this day" he should have busted out with "lets kick some ***!!!" or anything along those lines. The least he could have done was break character while talking to Morgan. i feel like the show showed another dimension to this one-dimensional character and will never show it again.
2- all this support from the kingdom consists of what, 6-8 people???
3- never trusted the dumpster people. remember when rick seemed like he was more likely to murder someone than allow them in his group? now he collects guns for other groups? come on man, didnt even hit them with the 3 questions!!!
4- that was one sloppy and cheesy looking battle scene. just seemed very low budget for this show.
5- lets say they had a total run time of an hour. why cant they tell a better story with a full hour? HBO does it consistently. watched the series finale of "big little lies" sunday night first. with a LOT of ground to cover in that final episode. they managed to tie up all the loose ends no problem in one hour.
6- i still have hope for next season. however, the "we are building up" is not a vaild excuse. look at "the emperor strikes back" and "the two towers"; the middle chapters of trilogies that do way more than just serve as building blocks.
and finally, 7- come on!!!! you didnt even ask dwight the three questions!!!!!!!

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I missed a bunch of last season so got a question. What did the trash people
betray Rick for... 10 or 12 of what? Guessing people but watched it late so wasn't paying full attention.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Season 7, Episode 15 *Spoilers*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

....and more setting up for the big war that we all know by now takes place in the comic books. So Tara finally spills the beans about Oceanside. And off they go to get the guns. Let's see, no Carol and no Morgan in this episode either. Far as we know, he's still whittling a point onto his stick. Sasha I'm guessing bravely fought her way towards Negan. No clue! As we simply see her captured and in a room like the one Daryl had.

She nearly gets raped by a Savior, and saved by Negan who hates rapists and stabs the guy through the side of the neck for breaking the rules. He apologizes to her, and recognizes her from the everyone-on-their-knees confrontation at the start of the season. Negan loves balls! And admires the set on Sasha. Offering to let her join. He leaves his Bowie knife with her. The dead Savior is going to get up after all. She can slit her wrists, let the recently turned walker chew on her, or stab it in the head and join the Saviors.

Eugene stops by with some creature comforts and to "talk sense" to her about joining like he did. He decided she won't stab him, and he was right. As the dead Savior is about to turn, she tells Eugene to leave. But not in an angry or hostile way. Later, when Negan returns, Sasha made her choice. Negan is delighted! He takes the Bowie knife back from her. Letting her know she's off to a good start. But she'll have to work hard to earn his trust. And, it won't happen overnight. He also mentions that he knows Rick and the others at Alexandria are plotting against him. So, the next day will be a big one for Sasha as a Savior, since she's going to be front and center when Negan and the others finally confront Rick at what hopefully will be the start of this war!

Meanwhile, Gregory is still plotting. Maggie goes outside the walls to get a wild blueberry bush to take inside since those things can live and produce fruit for decades. Gregory decides to follow her. He tries to apologize for his past actions. And says he wants to turn over a new leaf. For some bizarre reason, Maggie believes him! They hear a sound. She asks him to watch her back. Quickly, possibly without her noticing, he produces a knife. Standing behind her, he gets ready to stab her. But he either doesn't have the nerve to do it or his conscience gets in the way. Likely the former, as we see him later getting ready to take Simon up on his offer and use the free pass that Simon gave him.

Back at Sanctuary, Eugene talks to Sasha behind the door. Despite having made Negan happy, she stays locked up. She tells Eugene she's made a terrible mistake. That she knows Negan will use her to get to their friends. As in her's and Eugene's. She can't allow that to happen. She knew if she failed to kill Negan, she'd die. Well, she failed. Time to end it. She begs Eugene for a tool to help her commit suicide. A gun, a knife, a razor, anything at all. She begs for help with that. Eugene tells her he'll consider it. Later, he agrees. Passing something under the door, at first it looks like a knife that's been wrapped up. NOPE! It's the suicide pill Eugene made awhile back when he initially thought one of Negan's wives wanted to kill herself.

Sasha seems surprised and disappointed. Perhaps her breakdown by the door was just an act to get Eugene to smuggle her a weapon. Shoot, stab, or slit the throat once Negan opened up the door in the morning. One last chance at him before the Saviors killed her, afterwards. And that is now completely out the window.

The Group arrives at Oceanside. Tara goes in to confront the grand-mother, and to reason with her? Yup! Cyndie shows up. While upset at first, Tara speaks to her as a friend. But there's a time limit for the grand-mother to cooperate, and she refuses. Rick and the Group launch the surprise attack! Bombs they secured in an earlier episode going off outside the walls of Oceanside. Caught off guard, panic ensues. Two of the women, the ones who tried to kill Tara, run for the armoury. But are stopped, thanks to sniper Michonne up a tree.

Grand-ma and Cyndie though manage to turn the tables on Tara, and get her gun.... which turns out to be empty. Tara explains that she didn't want to harm anyone. That she and other groups needed Oceanside's guns to fight the Saviors. Grand-ma has a loaded gun though. And takes Tara hostage. The other women on the island have been captured and brought to a clearing. Rick explains they just want the guns to fight the Saviors. Grand-ma, Cyndie, and Tara step forward. Grand-mas' got a gun to Tara's back. She wants them all off the island, or Tara dies.

Michonne has a shot to take Grand-ma out. But a bunch of walkers who apparently washed up on shore earlier, make their presence known. Rick gets everyone organized. Including handing his knife to one of the Oceanside women. They stand together in a line, in front of the children and the other women. With some of Oceanside's fighters joining Rick and the others in taking out the walkers. Grand-ma just before this got hit in the back of the head with a rock from Cyndie. Which is a good thing because Enid had snuck up behind her with a pistol and would have shot her with Michonne hesitating to pull the trigger.

After the walkers are dead, Grand-ma tells Rick to just take the damn guns. But that no one from Oceanside will help them fight the Saviors. They end up taking all the guns. Every last one. But since not everyone wants to join the fight, the few who do; choose not to.

Episode ends in a completely predictable way for those who read the comics.... Dwight betrays Negan by showing up at Alexandria, and is put into a cell. They stop Daryl from getting his hands on him. He says he wants Negan dead too. Rick considers this turn of events for a moment before pulling out his revolver, pointing it at Dwight.... and telling him to get on his knees.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Season 7, Episode 16 *Spoilers*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the delay everyone. Here we go with highlights:

Sasha kills herself with the pill.
The cultists betray Rick when the fighting starts.
Dwight's defection is real.
Eugene tries to do what he thinks is right by encouraging Rick to accept slavery.
Morgan is in danger of going crazy again.
Rick gets shot by the cult leader.
Maggie leads HillTop to Alexandria.
Ezekiel leads his people there too.
Major battle breaks out at Alexandria.
Saviors start winning until the other groups arrive.
Ezekiel's tiger is the MVP as she kills and eats Saviors.
Michonne is nearly beaten to death by a cultist she should have killed far more easily.
Negan survives, Simon survives, cult leader and nearly all of her group survives.
Rosita gets shot in the gut and somehow survives.
Abraham shows up in flashbacks.
Maggie and Jesus track down walker Shasha and end her.

Oh yeah, and the entire episode was a disjointed mess with only one scene working properly because of it. And, we had to wait 51 minutes into the episode before any action took place. So pretty much the first episode of the season, and the last 24 minutes of the last episode of the season were good. The rest was craptacular beyond belief.

Honestly, they phoned it in regarding Season 7. Same BS happens in Season 8, don't expect a Season 9.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Yeah, and not in a good way.

BTW, the gun Negan grabbed before retreating was an Easter Egg. It was the same configuration that Snake used in "Escape from New York."

In that film, it worked. In this one, it looked silly. And... Did anyone notice that Tara shot Rosita in the shoulder? I'm sure it was accidental.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, and not in a good way.

BTW, the gun Negan grabbed before retreating was an Easter Egg. It was the same configuration that Snake used in "Escape from New York."

In that film, it worked. In this one, it looked silly.

It looked silly because Negan's no Snake Plissken :thumbsdow