The Walking Dead ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS*** - You've Been Warned!

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, seems like it didnt take long for interest to die down. in world gone made there is a limitless supply of bullets.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, seems like it didnt take long for interest to die down. in world gone made there is a limitless supply of bullets.

Seemed like just yesterday, Rick was ecstatic that Eugene had the ability to produce crude rounds by hand. Guess he must have also developed a time machine in order to produce the thousands needed to kill all the windows in Negan's building.

Greta

Flashaholic
So my brother is currently working across the street from "Alexandria"... restoring some of the buildings that have been used in the past couple of seasons. He sent me a picture of one of them that is the room where the old barber chair was where Andrea ended up dying. Pretty cool! :) Anyway... filming has resumed for the second half of Season 8 that will air around February (?). Obviously security is tight and the walls around "Alexandria" hide everything going on.... unless one happens to have a scissor lift at their disposal :naughty: - I can't post them but I have some pretty cool pictures of what is going on with explosions and such... and even a picture of the cast and crew outside the main gate into "Alexandria". My brother is having a great time outwitting security and snapping pictures for me. :D

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just watched the latest episode........ could this show get any stupider?! :ohgeez:
~ Cg

Guess fewer and fewer viewers will find out...

"The November 19 episode of "The Walking Dead" made headlines for being the first episode since season two to draw fewer than 8 million live+same-day viewers. The December 3 episode drew an even smaller audience. According to live+same-day data posted by Showbuzz, Sunday's "TWD" drew a 3.28 adults 18-49 rating and averaged 7.47 million overall viewers. Both series lows, the numbers trail the 3.57 rating and 8.28 million viewer mark drawn by last week's broadcast. They also trail the 3.42 rating and 7.85 million viewer figure posted by the aforementioned November 19 broadcast.
This week's episode was the least-watched "Walking Dead" since the penultimate second season installment."

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
We abondoned TWD bandwagon about 2 seasons ago, haven't missed it at all, but saw this thread was still alive.
Was getting boring when we stopped. About the time we got addicted to Game of Thrones.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
its amazing how much interest has dropped on this show the past couple seasons. a couple years ago me and my wife binge watched this show to where we had caught up to the series midway through season 6. alas, i think i may have jinxed the series with my watching. my wife couldnt make it past the first two episodes this season, im still trucking along however. although its more something to watch on a boring rainy day than something i look forward to seeing.

markr6

Flashaholic
I didn't read anything here since I don't want to catch any spoilers, but I never watched this show until now. I pretty much ran out of stuff to watch on Netflix, so I gave it a try.

I always hated the cheesy vampire, zombie, scifi, etc. stuff so I never gave this a chance. People kept telling me it wasn't like that, and they were right. Great show! I blew thru the first 2 seasons pretty quick. I'm almost done with the 3rd. It's getting pretty dry...they're blowing half a show on nothing. I hope it picks back up. At one point I wondered if I hit the time of the writer's strike, but I think that was before this show started.

Anyway, I was surprised to see there are new episodes. I'll catch up but it will be a while.

markr6

Flashaholic
Take your time and enjoy it while it lasts cuz it goes off the rails in the later seasons...

That's what my neighbor just told me. Bummer! But I guess that's common with many shows that I recall.

markr6

Flashaholic
I've been blowing thru these seasons. All the way to 7 now. Not as bad as I expected, but not great. A few cheesy episodes, a few put-me-to-sleep. I'm obviously at the too late to quit phase.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
In case you haven't heard, Andrew Lincoln (former sheriff Rick Grimes) and Lauren Cohan (Maggie) will be phased out in season nine. Rumor has it that Norman Reedus (Daryl), will take on the lead role. Hard to imagine since Daryl seems incapable of mumbling more than a few words...

I'll see how season nine plays out, but most likely this signals the end of TWD for me. With Morgan jumping ship and the loss of so many other key characters, coupled with stupefying writing the last couple of seasons, I've only watched it for camp value anyway. It's a shame, as TWD was great entertainment for many years, but all good things come to an end.

I never thought I'd say it, but FTWD is now the superior show. With the addition of Morgan's character and Garret Dillahunt as John Dorie along with other new faces and intelligent writing it now resembles TWD in its heyday.

PartyPete

Enlightened
I stopped watching about 2 or 3 seasons ago. Based on everything I've read, it doesn't seem like it ever really got better. Now that Andrew Lincoln is leaving they really need to kick things in high gear and try to save the show. With the poor ratings and loss of Rick and many others, they don't have much to lose and can start with a clean slate now. But still, there's a lot working against the show and there's no guarantee it will ever recover.

But again, there's nothing to lose now and things have changed so much they are welcome to deviate as much as they want from the comics. Although at this point I hope they just intend on wrapping things up in a satisfying manner over the next season or two, so it doesn't die a slow death and it's too late to make a cohesive finale.

I'd kind of like to see a throw back to season one with some of the things Jenner mentioned. He said something like the French were close to figuring this out so perhaps they can tie that into the story, a possible cure and civilization rebuilding itself.

It's a shame because the first few seasons were great. Season one was so visceral and cinematic looking. Season two started a big slow but really showed how dangerous and different the world has become. Of course, the Governor was a great enemy without being as absurd and over the top as Negan.

I'm sure I'll get caught up at some point but hopefully they can turn things around before it's too late.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
anyone have any excitement about the new season now that the saviors story line is over, or that there is a new show runner at the helm?

Latest posts