There's a New Production World Champ - 6800 lumens 70W

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's an L70 and can be had at BJ for $999.95. I personally want to pick up an LX50 (it's my 30th birthday tomorrow) but I don't have enough money right now.:sick:

Last edited:

JulianP

Enlightened
Looks like a rebadged L70 to me.
I think the L70 is a rebadged Taiwanese light, probably from the supplier shown above.

...but I do look forward to the day a Taiwanese or Chinese vendor buys a US or European product, because it cannot make it at a competitive price, and rebadges it.

DavyCrockett

Newly Enlightened
Is Barnburner a production light?

Personally, I don't like the looks of this 6800 one. The PH50 looks way cooler. I emailed them to ask the cost of this Taiwan light. Stay tuned.
Yeah, here's that old thread...Looks like around $750 shipped.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/259449&highlight=barnburner

EDIT: They did email me back... wanted to know what I intended to do with the flashlight. ????
Then wanted to know the quantity, before giving me a price.
http://henlin.en.alibaba.com/product/312136151-209968905/HID_Searchlight_PRO_SL3570_.html

Last edited:

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
And that's why we stick to trusted dealers.

Exactly!

BTW not surprised that he was asked for the quantity before getting a quote. Lots of those companies want to do wholesale only or selling more than just 1 unit (or they don't sell directly to end users)

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is Barnburner a production light?

Personally, I don't like the looks of this 6800 one. The PH50 looks way cooler. I emailed them to ask the cost of this Taiwan light. Stay tuned.
Yeah, here's that old thread...Looks like around $750 shipped.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/259449&highlight=barnburner

EDIT: They did email me back... wanted to know what I intended to do with the flashlight. ????
http://henlin.en.alibaba.com/product/312136151-209968905/HID_Searchlight_PRO_SL3570_.html
That's a chinese wholesale company you posted. They do not sell to the public. The only way a company like that will sell you one is if you ask for a "sample", otherwise, it's 10 or 100 lights minimum and they want all your business info.

JulianP

Enlightened

As other cpf members wrote, the supplier will happily provide a trade sample. Normally, they supply a minimum number of units, say 500, and will not sell to individual consumers. Bad people, myself included, order a trade sample and never come back with the huge order. This is how I bought a great short-arc spotlight for less that $1000, instead of $3000+.

The Chinese and Taiwanese manufacturers must have realized how sneaky some cpf members can be, and hence the question, 'whatcha gonna do with our spotlight?"

I suggest you tell them you plan to supply the local police force, firefighters and the national guard with a good and competitive searchlight, and that if their stuff is good, orders will follow.

It's perhaps morally wrong, but not as much as ripping off someone else's design. I found my reservations disappear once my spotlight arrived. I love shining the beam on the clouds.

Yavox

Enlightened
As other cpf members wrote, the supplier will happily provide a trade sample. Normally, they supply a minimum number of units, say 500, and will not sell to individual consumers. Bad people, myself included, order a trade sample and never come back with the huge order. This is how I bought a great short-arc spotlight for less that $1000, instead of $3000+.

The Chinese and Taiwanese manufacturers must have realized how sneaky some cpf members can be, and hence the question, 'whatcha gonna do with our spotlight?"

I suggest you tell them you plan to supply the local police force, firefighters and the national guard with a good and competitive searchlight, and that if their stuff is good, orders will follow.

It's perhaps morally wrong, but not as much as ripping off someone else's design. I found my reservations disappear once my spotlight arrived. I love shining the beam on the clouds.

Brave and smart people from CPF tricking Chinese light manufacturers into selling them flashlights!

Probably a bit morally wrong but makes a nice headline anyway lovecpf

Looks like I belong to "bad people" group too, as the idea appeals to me. :devil:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's actually Taiwanese, unlike its communist neighbor.

This thread's going to close in 3, 2, 1...

DavyCrockett

Newly Enlightened
I also asked them, what the price would be if I bought 1 or 10.
They haven't replied yet. Maybe they're waiting till Monday morning, which will be in a few hours now.
I DID send them the email close to their weekend over there. They're about 12 hours ahead of us.

Ferrari, let's go in together and buy a few of these. I suspect we both live in the wilderness and would get good use out of these. :thumbsup: Just under 6 lbs.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Ferrari, let's go in together and buy a few of these.

And if one is defective? You want to deal with the "Show us ze papers" other-side-of-the-ocean customer service? Again, trusted dealers..

If you're really dying for a higher-wattage HID, you could probably get a CPFer to throw one together for you, the parts aren't all that difficult to come by.

DavyCrockett

Newly Enlightened
Sure enough, they emailed me at 9:30 pm Mt. Time.
Said a sample of 1 was $800. and $720 if 10 were bought.
Said they have a US distributor, so shipping would be fast and service.
6800 rock and roll lumens! :twothumbs
This is interesting. :thumbsup:

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe you can start up a group buy, that's how I got my X990 back in the day for $200. (You couldn't touch one for under $500 before that) They already had a US distributor but I went around them and their markup directly to Taiwan and got me and 20 other CPFers a great deal.

In response the US distributor (acro) threw a fit because they thought they had a monopoly and I went and undercut them, as a result they made a deal with the Taiwanese factory not to sell to anyone else in the US anymore. :laughing: This is why the price on the X990 fell to $299-$399 where it is today, from the $500+ it had always been. :thumbsup:

Never underestimate the little guy!

StarHalo

Flashaholic
You could go well over the output of a 70 watt HID with something CPF-made for $800. Fivemega was at one time selling a 10,000+ lumen hotwire bulb for something like $20 a piece, I can't find the thread now though..

But keep in mind that 6800 lumens is barely twice the output of the light you have now; it will look brighter than your EBay light, but nothing like the difference between a Mag and an HID - that's part of the deal when you get to the big gun lights, it takes far more lumens each time to leave an impression.