Things that just make you smile :)

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my favorite things that I've heard another person say.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Storming rain after a late drought season heat wave.
A parking spot where I can enter front-first and leave without backing up.
A plate of rice, beans, chicken (prepared in any manner) and plenty of salad.
Making coffee for breakfast on a workday and sitting down to drink it before sunrise.
The whistling of wind on a quiet day.
Cleaning my house and feeling the freshness and perfume of my tile polish.
Taking a shower after getting home on a bike commute, or an at-home workout session.
Hearing my elderly mother laugh.
Being smiled at by my nephews.
Getting a mod for my video games tuned just right.
Going on a roadtrip of any length.
And so on.

I'm not trying to wax poetic here, it's just these little things that are the most magical.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I gave my son a 2000 watt predator inverter generator. It is extremely quiet.
Today is the first time that he ran it.
I set it up about 15 feet from his stand at a music festival and he respectfully moved it about 30 feet so that it would be further from others, and less disturbing to them. I guess my wife raised him right.
When he started it, he was bent over, and he looked up at me and smiled. He said, "Its purring like a kitten" :)

It made me happy to see him smile and be happy.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i feel so happy if i give someone joy . its so awsume to make people happy

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Last year when there was that toilet paper shortage I placed a 12 pack on a few neighbors porches at midnight so that they would smile. Unless they had a camera, to this day they still don't know who did it.

Edit:
"Luck be a lady tonight" by ole blue eyes playing in my ears raised a smile as I type this
End edit.

Last edited:

Dingo07

Newly Enlightened
That duck walking around is super cute! Great video! Thanks for sharing.

This girl made everyone stop and oogle with joy! It was addictive seeing how many smiles she can put on peoples faces during a walk! Sadly Mei left us June 12 for dog heaven at a young 5 1/2 years. She was our joy every second of every day!!

Attachments

• IMG_2920.JPG
    IMG_2920.JPG
    214.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_7521.JPG
    IMG_7521.JPG
    425.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_7409.JPG
    IMG_7409.JPG
    558.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_6963.JPG
    IMG_6963.JPG
    328.3 KB · Views: 111

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
This new forum format has it so that "similar threads" show up at the bottom. Every now and then Woodswalker posts show up. As sad as I am over his passing the threads make me smile every day. Wish I could shoot him an email every now and then with questions.

That duck walking around is super cute! Great video! Thanks for sharing.

This girl made everyone stop and oogle with joy! It was addictive seeing how many smiles she can put on peoples faces during a walk! Sadly Mei left us June 12 for dog heaven at a young 5 1/2 years. She was our joy every second of every day!!

Sorry for your loss. Mei was a sweetie.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
So I'm watching this tv show called "black sails" and this one fellow (Jack Rakham) was talking to this other fellow (black beard) about profound stuff a fallen comrad (Charles Vain) had done.

Black beard told a story of a major conquest. Apparently when it was done a great big white bird landed on a nearby lake. Black beard said it was the most awesome thing he'd ever seen.

He said he told Charles that some would see that as an omen of a bad kind (paraphrasing) while others would say it was a good omen. He said "what do you see Charles?" Charles replied "dinner"……
That caused me to smile.

Last edited: