Things that just make you smile :)

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for Brandon's TP but I don't think I'll need it...
The "pile" is a Praying Mantis egg case.
I have seen the young on my wisteria during the Summer months. Although I've never seen their egg case. Isn't that an odd place to build a nest?

We have walking sticks too. Now those things are just plain weird... They fill up on aphids, and Blue Jays fill up on them

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that I look at close it appears spun like a cocoon. Is it about 1" or so long?

Attached to concrete, it might not peel off without killing the eggs

Poppy

Flashaholic
about 6 years ago I bought some Praying Mantis eggs/crystalline sacs. I tried to hide them in bushes, and under under plastic domes (made of a water bottle) to make it more challenging for birds to get at them. Each sac is supposed to have idk 100 eggs?

I hope you are more successful than I was.
This is the only mantis I saw that year. Of course they may have gone to either of my neighbors houses where there was stagnant water, and lots of mosquitos.

It made me smile to see that there was at least ONE survivor. :)

txIBQEe1NBopBNCNQsdIFFQ18b=w900-h770-no?authuser=0.jpg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
not many people know this but praying mantis are smarter then most dogs and can be trained to come when called

raggie33

*the raggedier*
btw i may be lieing and secretly want someone to try to teach it to come lol ive got issues

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie, As a kid I took a pair of chop sticks and feed flies to a praying mantis. Does that count as a trick?

... But whatever you do not let a hungry mantis ride on your shoulder, unless your neck and ears are covered, they are meat eaters!

Raggie, As a kid I took a pair of chop sticks and feed flies to a praying mantis. Does that count as a trick?

... But whatever you do not let a hungry mantis ride on your shoulder, unless your neck and ears are covered, they are meat eaters!

Above all else, Do Not Make Love With a Female Praying Mantis!!!

Poppy

Flashaholic
This song, Toes by the Zac Brown Band, always makes me relax, and just feel good. :)
It reminds me... Life Is Good!

I got my toes in the water, a$$ in the sand
Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand
Life is good today, life is good today

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I read a story about a hiker who got lost and would not answer their cellular phone when rescuers called because……
They did not recognize the phone number.

For some reason that made me smile. Probably because they were rescued anyway.