Things To Say To Your Significant Other As You Bring Home Another Flashlight*MOVED*

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Things To Say To Your Significant Other As You Bring Home Another Flashlight*MOVED*

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kill-O-Zap:
"Quick, look! What's that over there!"

[put flashlight with others while spouse looking away; flashlights all look the same to them, and if existing collection is big enough, addition of one won't be noticeable]

"sorry, never mind, it was nothing, I guess."

--Sal
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sal,

Great technique. Reminds me of the strategy used by airgunners -- first build up the collection to where you have at least several, then every time you add a new one it becomes inconspicuous because to the disinterested, they all look the same...

I think many of us are already using this method without even thinking about it -- the only critical window is getting the new light past the front gate...

SFR

Newly Enlightened
Re: Things To Say To Your Significant Other As You Bring Home Another Flashlight*MOVED*

"But, Marge, it would have been too expensive to buy 2 M6's, so I only bought 1.

Do'H!

Uh, I love you?"

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just tell her "But honey, Mr. Bulk wants me to mod it with a thermonuclear dilithium emitter and cobalt superconducting feromagnetic power source"

She hears "But honey, blah blah Bulk blah blah blah blah blah blah blah .......

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>

Any more?[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

..but it was on SALE!!

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast

But, MR. Bulk Gave it to me!
rolleyes.gif

Lantern Jack O.

Enlightened

What this one? Oh it was on back-order from two months ago. Finally just shipped this week.

...and similarly...

Yeah well, this is one I pre-ordered back in <some_month_here>.

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast

"you mean I haven't showed you this "dealer sample" yet?"

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Great technique. Reminds me of the strategy used by airgunners -- first build up the collection to where you have at least several, then every time you add a new one it becomes inconspicuous because to the disinterested, they all look the same...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Heh, this technique works for guns, tools, assorted hardware and computer equipment (it doesn't work that well for junked desktop computers or monitors, trust me). The minimum number for this technique to work is three, although the bigger the pile the better.

Here's my line: "This old thing? I've had it for ages, remember? Let's go out for dinner. My treat. What do you feel like eating, honey?" First, by implying that she failed to notice, you put (part of) the blame on her. Next, you make her think about what kind of food she'd like you to buy. It is still a good idea to lie low, for a while. Don't bring your pile out and admire it for a week or so.

EnkiduEOT

Whistler

Enlightened

"Oh my dear...
rolleyes.gif
, when we have a power failure in house, at night, we really should have a good flashlight everywhere! This could save lives!"
cool.gif

And since you put your flashlights really everywhere (you will have to with all these lights...)this will be really convincing...

(Or not, since all the other explanations are not convincing either
grin.gif
, sometimes I can't believe my own stories no more
wink.gif
)

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast

Entertaining, moved to Cafe...

--dan

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Aww, Maaaan!

Starlight

Enlightened

Originally posted by lambda:
I just tell her "But honey, Mr. Bulk wants me to mod it with a thermonuclear dilithium emitter and cobalt superconducting feromagnetic power source"
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I want one too! How much are they? What is the size and weight? Is it regulated? How many Lumens? Can you post beam shots? Have you done runtime tests? Can you make it with a green case? Can you add a dimmer? Please respond quickly.

Starlight

Enlightened

lambda, it's been 67 seconds and I haven't heard from you!

Saaby

Flashaholic

Originally posted by Starlight:
lambda, it's been 67 seconds and I haven't heard from you!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Probably fighting with flood control.
wink.gif

Cutter

Enlightened

OK....it's time for me to take a crack at this.

Cutter's Top Ten Things To Say To Your Significant Other As You Bring Home Another Flashlight:

</font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> For your information....I happen to like sleeping on the couch.</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> But honey.....Darell and all the other guys got one.</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> I have to choose between either you or the flashlights??......hold on....I'm thinking I'm thinking!</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> It is not the exact same kind as this one.....see??...this new one has a cute little tail cap switchie thingie on it.</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> Shutup and go make me a samwich! (this one probably won't work).</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> Hey....either I keep this flashlight or you won't be gettin' any action for at least a month.</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> I don't say a word about your P.M.S. and you don't say a word about my new lights....that's the deal!!!</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> Do we have time to stop by that Jewelry store you like on the way to dinner tonight?</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> Say nothing and just hide the light in a body cavity before she sees it.
</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">And Now.....(drumroll please).....the number one thing to say to your significant other when you bring home another flashlight:
</font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> Hey....it beats the time I slept with your sister.
</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Ok.…...now……if Sasha bans me after reading these…...you guys gotta post bail for me or get me out on probation or something. I think I've been driving her nuts.
smile.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by Cutter:
Say nothing and just hide the light in a body cavity before she sees it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I just hope its not a 6D Mag
grin.gif

Although I suppose you normally use a flashlight "where the sun don't shine"
grin.gif

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Say nothing and just hide the light in a body cavity before she sees it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I used to think you're crazy - now I can see your nuts-

<guffaw>
grin.gif

Greta

Flashaholic

Originally posted by Cutter:
I think I've been driving her nuts.
smile.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ya reckon?!?!
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

Spudman

Enlightened

"I traded a knife for it" seems to have some wife appeal.
wink.gif

G.

d'mo

Enlightened

How about...

This one replaces the one {insert name of child/dog/annoying neighbor, etc} lost last month.