Think for a moment. What is your favorite flashlight?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Well it's probably the one I tend to grab the most. A 6P with Malkoff M60F. Now a 3 cell thanks to a cell extender.

Sambob

Newly Enlightened
Has to be my Maglite ML300L 2 d-cell because...524lms for 6.5 hrs and 69hrs on Eco and I paired It with 2 D cell to AA adapters each adapter will hold 2 AA rechargeable batteries

dan05gt

Newly Enlightened
Surefire G2X Pro. I have several around the house, in the car, etc. Definitely my go to light.

Sos24

Enlightened
The HDS Rotary with NLT emitter is my favorite. I user other lights on occasion, but this one seems to meet my everyday needs the best and is just fun to use.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Favorite daytime EDC: ZL SC62w - Smallish, pocketable, 18650 cell, many different levels.
Favorite nightime EDC: ZL SC600w Mk IV+ - All the above, but I like the beam profile a bit more for reading at night and general use.
Favorite light for accurate color rendering: Solarforce L2P with a triple Nichia 219 dropin - Great color rendering and huge floody beam for lighting up an area.
Favorite light to keep on the night stand: ZL SC700d - Huge output if needed, but also extreme low output for nighttime visits to the bathroom, 21700 cell, good color rendering.
Favorite light for messing around with: Jetbeam RRT01 (modded with triple Nichia 219) - Infinitely variable control that goes lower than seems possible, just plain fun to use.
Favorite around the house fixing stuff light: Skilhunt H03 headlamp - Great when I need both hands free for hooking up TVs, stereos, or just fixing stuff.
Favorite light for the bug-out-bag: ZL SC52w with a AA primary lithium cell installed. AA cells can be found anywhere.
Favorite car light: Husky $10 heavy duty beater light from Home Depot, fitted with 4 x AA primary lithium cells. I have another one in the house that I loan out to people.

Honestly, I couldn't pick a single favorite light because it really does depend on the situation. I enjoy all these lights, and they are indeed my favorite for each listed use.

Keitho

Enlightened
Yesterday was a typical day: I used 8 different flashlights (bike helmet, bike handlebar, bike taillight, EDC light in my pocket, light at my work desk, two different lights in my family room, and a light in my den). And, I passed by at least another 10 lights that were within easy reach. They all bring some kind of joy and/or usefulness, but my current favorite child is probably my newest, SLN SN006 with a high CRI P60 mule. My ZL SC64w is with me the most and gets the most use, and will go back to being my favorite soon...unless it is replaced by an SC65 first!

pc_light

Enlightened
Other than the flashlight that is closest and easiest to grab when you need it, what is your favorite all-around flashlight? Give it some thought. Is it the one that fits in your pocket, the one that rests on your work bench, or the one that sits next to your bed? My favorite seems to change regularly.
Sorry StraightShot, I tried but after a while realized I wouldn't even be on CPF if I only had a single favorite :nana:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight headlamps of almost any flavor. I have five or so. Most used. Most useful. Most loved.

+

agreed,
I chose a headlamp because of functionality/helpfulness & how often I use really it with projects.
if I could only have three lights, headlamp is the first choice

have to give a shout out to Acebeam L30,, for a smaller duty size light, its light output & throw is nutso

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite seems to change regularly.

this is my favorite EDC
EI7wyQR.jpg

sometimes at night I switch to the warmer option on the left, but I prefer the UI of the one on the right
zHvTLcUl.jpg

Lucky Duck

Enlightened
I have a number of favs,why keep 'em around if they aren't a favorite! But he one I use and carry the most...Zebralight SC62d!

Last edited:

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was going to start a new thread but this seems to be on topic for favorite flashlight.
One of the things to me that make a flashlight a favorite is how it feels in conjunction with its UI.

Example of my favorites, 2 come to mind. Mr Bulk Chameleon in raw al. It has a great feel in hand with a great UI with side switch back in 2005! It has a great design slim middle section that is easy to hold and just feels right.

The second is a Fenix P1D. I recently bought to mod it. But it was mint, and HAIII I believe and really great the way it is. The anodizing and knurling on the end of the flashlight is just perfect. Just where you need it. Unlike so many others. [emoji16]
It's a bit larger than I imagined for EDC. ( EDC I like AAA) But perfect around the house. I really like the medium mode first. As well as the super smooth twisting action. It may not be my go to, for the middle of the night/low lumens, but that is my exception not the rule for the way I generally use a flashlight! It just feels right fits my hand and both are great to fiddle with in between real uses.
So that is another angle on what make a flashlight a favorite to me.

Anyone else have a light that is just right in their hand? Not necessarily the brightest, most expensive etc but something makes it fall into your pocket more than it should!

Keitho

Enlightened
Do any of them have a low Lumen red LED option?
I have both of the red headlamps from ZL, the 502r and 502pr. They are rated at .003 lumens on low. Under normal indoor lighting, it is hard to tell when looking directly at the LED whether it is on or off. In darkness (inside a tent, outdoors stargazing), I usually have to select a slightly higher mode than the lowest, even with dark-adapted eyes, in order for it to be useful. On high, they are rated at 100 lumens, and have a very bright, very wide beam.

In terms of color, I can only tell a very minor difference when I "cross the beams"--the "r" looks slightly more of an orange tinge. Alone, they both look like a very deep red.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Acebeam X65

Without hesitation and by a wide margin.