Flashlight Enthusiast
I switched back to crack, it's cheaper.

(just kidding)

Actually i just got that P1DCE,

and some crack.

(just kidding)

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just remembered, I've spent at least a hundred on Nite-Ize PR bulbs for ultimate last resort backups in my D cell Mags. I'd say run while you still can qip, but it's obviously too late for you! :)

:buddies:

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
well just now i bought an Everled to put in a aluminum egear 3d flashlight i have laying around ,the one with hexagon bolt or nut style type end cap pretty nice ,but you cant unscrew lense part as its glued in there but reflector is adjustable like maglite so i figure all in all its worth an led upgrade :grin2: another $45

Carpenter

Enlightened
qip,

Like you, I am new here too. I had nothing (except the MiniMag's, all 3 were stock) before finding this place last month. Since then, I have over $400 into it and I just caught myself looking at the MinMag hotwire kit just because I wanted to do something else while waiting for my Maxabeam to arrive.

I may need my lights soon to light the doghouse I'll be living in shortly. :)

tygger

Enlightened
pace yourself man! once converted to flashaholism you're running a lifelong flashlight aquiring marathon here. i was a flashaholic way before i found CPF, but until then it was only incans. and it didn't drain my wallet too bad. then came my first ARC LS and things only got worse. as many around here say, resistance is futile. the key is knowing when to resist to wait for something better.

gsm

Newly Enlightened
It is alot cheaper than swiss watches, my other weakness. Gsm

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
It was bad before I ever heard of CPF. It's been REALLY bad since then!

However flashlights are quite a bit cheaper than the guns and knives I was heavy into prior to them!!!

I don't WANNA know how much money is tied up in my roughly 145 light producing devices!!!!

Aaron1100us

Enlightened
$1400 in the past year. I think I'm doing ok for a little while. I need to start spending my money on my 57' cadillac otherwise it will never get finished. There are so many lights that I want but I just can't justify any more for a while.

Cydonia

Enlightened
The same type of thread as this pops up now and again in the head-fi forums. And the astronomy forums... and the computer forums... in fact every forum I'm in has this! People get addicted to whatever interests them! The bane of every man who collects and loves to buy neat toys, is his wife or girlfriend, however... that is the other unchanging constant throughout. Thank goodness I'm single and can spend my own money on whatever I want without some whining carping female screeching non stop about it! I feel sorry for all those guys living under female monetary domination… *shudder* :grin2:

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
beavis%20and%20butt%20head.gif

He.. He.. He said crack.. .. he .. he..

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cydonia said:
The same type of thread as this pops up now and again in the head-fi forums. And the astronomy forums... and the computer forums... in fact every forum I'm in has this! People get addicted to whatever interests them! The bane of every man who collects and loves to buy neat toys, is his wife or girlfriend, however... that is the other unchanging constant throughout. Thank goodness I'm single and can spend my own money on whatever I want without some whining carping female screeching non stop about it! I feel sorry for all those guys living under female monetary domination… *shudder* :grin2:

audio equipment,knife collecting ,astronomy hobbiest ...understandably are expensive to the common person ....if someone told me his bose headphones were $60 & some guy said his rambo knife was $100 and an astronomer said his telescope was 2 grand , to me its normal.. now if some guy came up to me and showed me a flashlight said it cost him $100 or $200+ ( before i came here and seen the light :p ) i would look at him like what are you nuts, go pick up a maglite for $20 at sears or a $5 no frills ... a flashlight are you crazy :)

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a fun hobby and worth every penny. Before too long you will establish flashlight capital that you will be able to buy and sell lights much like you would stocks to get bigger and better purchases. :laughing:

jayhackett03

Enlightened
cosine said:
I really haven't had any use for anything else than my AA Maglight with the LED drop-in, but I feel my willpower getting weak. I'll probably have an Inova X5 and a G2 pretty soon. :naughty: (Plus, I want to build a Mag85 and an ROP...)

hmm, i was kinda in the same boat. you're just starting out slower than me.

St8kout

Newly Enlightened
I came here just this past November looking for led bulbs, not flashlights. Since then I've been persuaded to buy a Fenix L2T, CR123 battery body for the L2T head, Striker VG, Fenix P1D-CE, Thor Cyclops, and tomorrow Fedex ground is bringing me an Amondotech 3152 HID spotlight plus more batteries for my flashlights.

And I'm already checking out the Wolf Eyes Boxer.:grin2:

Last edited:

sharkchild

Newly Enlightened
I just started back in July and I bought
3 E3e $288
BATTERIES $60
plus pelican case and batteries on the way $39.99
then the L2t. $42

I did not need my History book so i sold it. (college has keep the cost down) :scowl:

PB92

Newly Enlightened
I feel your pain qip, I'm new here too and I have 14 lights already!! And I need more, what is wrong with me? And now it's the trits, I mean I walk around the house day or night with 1 of my lights in each pocket! Usually my P1D CE and my silver D-Mini. I lay in bed at night and play with the trits! Somebody stop me!!! But don't tell anybody, that's just between you and me.............:)