Those Cool 80's Cartoons!

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got some Superfriends DVDs for my 3yo son. He loves them and they aren't as violent as the Justice League. They are from the late 70's though.

From the 80's I remember never wanting to miss G.I. Joe and the Transformers, ooh and Speedracer!! The new anime versions of G.I. Joe and the Transformers don't appeal to me at all.

IMTRBO

Newly Enlightened
For me the absolute best ones would have to be Transformers, MASK, Centurions, and Starcom!!! (I was into all the real hi-tech kinda cartoons).

Don't get me wrong, there were lots of other really good ones that I enjoyed as well. In fact, I think the quality of kids cartoons nowadays is completely horrible!! There's only one that's still good which is Justice League, and even then it caters so a slightly older audience than those 80s cartoons did back then.

:)

Zephyr

Enlightened
I love Gen 1 and 2 TRANSFORMERS! In fact, I'm starting to collect some of their stuff. Also, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. Goodness I miss those cartoons!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
My favourite cartoon from the 1980s was probably "Speed Buggy". At least I *think* it was shown in the 1980s.

I also watched a lot of "Tom & Jerry", some "The Jetsons", and a little "Scooby Doo".

They did not have "Digimon" back then, or I would have shown it as my favourite from that decade.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
One of the joys of parenthood is the fun of watching cartoons with your kids. After they got a bit older they were mortified to find that I knew the theme songs to some of the 'classics' that made it back to cable.

From Pre-80s....

UnderDog with Polly Pureheart.
SuperChicken and his sidekick Fred. (" You knew the job was dangerous when you took it Fred!")
Rocky and Bullwinkle
Bugs Bunny. ("Kill the wabit" sung by elmer fudd during the opera.)

and so many others. There were cartoons before the movie instead of ads. Cartoons on TV were only on Saturday Mornings...

Sigh.

Daniel

Walt175

Enlightened
I LOVED Ultraman, but since it was live action from the 60's I didn't mention it.
I also forgot to mention the Herculoids.
I feel sorry for today's kids. Saturday morning's suck today.

helios said:
Does anyone remember Ultraman (Japanese import I believe) and Marineboy?

I'm afraid to even mention some of my favorites. How about Underdog ("never fear because Underdog is here"!) and The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show?