Thoughts on best clip option for Rotary

klackey

Enlightened
I have just used the standard HDS clips and have found no need for modification. For true water-tightness', make sure you change out the O-rings. It is very easy just getting the supplies takes a bit of effort. I do have one rotary to bezel clip conversion with stock O-rings and it has been fine as an indoor nonenvironmentally challenged light. I am in no way recommending this, but it is possible short term until the proper o rings arrive.

Tortie

Newly Enlightened
Olight Replacement Pocket Clip for the S1 Mini, S1R II, S2R II and Warrior Mini

UOuK2zi.jpg

flightmate

Newly Enlightened
Nice! I may end up trying this first. I happen to have an extra Olight clip laying around the house.

nbp

Flashaholic
My favorite is the Uni clip with ridiculously expensive prototype two way clip. But unfortunately they never made more of these past the one run. The standard Universal is fugly but it works.

0MHLOfg.jpg

My second favorite is a Moddoo Ti clip under the bezel with a spacer o-ring.

sw5UdsU.jpg

flightmate

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the helpful responses. Definitely helped seal the deal. Put in my order last night for a Rotary!

flightmate

Newly Enlightened
I ordered one of the limited stock 4000K Nichia's with the flush button and silver bezel. Can't wait!

TILL-22

Newly Enlightened
I gave it a try for 2 days.. I carry my light in my left pocket with my phone. Without clip I don't like that I can't get the light with my right hand if my left is not free and that it usually sits beneath the phone or against the phone screen making the light getting out a bit of a nuisance.

I might have to try an in-pocket holster..

flightmate

Newly Enlightened
I plan on trying it without clip first. Then using an extra Olight clip I have. If neither of those are working, then may need to look at the other options. Sure would be nice if it worked just floating in the pocket, just don't think I'll care for it.

Latest posts