Thoughts on the Overready Modoolar pocket clicky torches.

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
I want a new EDC toy that has a soft throw. I am looking for something high in lumens such as this and was wondering if this would be worth the money ($400) or if there is something compairable that is slim and a little... (over ready). They said only the short p60 short is available atm which in my opinion is ugly plus it doesnt have a clip.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about a Malkoff MDC 219b Nichia. It uses the same reflector as the bigger M61 drop ins. It has great throw and beam pattern, and the Nicia is soft and comfortable. I have a CR123 version which fits in the hand and pocket just fine.
The Nichia versions are at Illumn.com, many other versions at MalkoffDevices.com.
Like all of Malkoff's stuff, it's bult to last. I have a lot of Oveready gear and the quality of Malkoff is at the same level.
P

archimedes

Flashaholic
At $400-ish, you are getting close to McGizmo money .... Not massive output, but very attractive and has the best clip ever.

For "soft throw" , you'd likely want the Haiku. Or maybe the TerraRam ?

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
Looks like the emitter is the XP L which is single cell and its output has only 1k lms i am looking for something with at least 2k minimum lms that is conpact enough for edc. I will look at the suggestions mentioned. Anymore ideas would be great!

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the emitter is the XP L which is single cell and its output has only 1k lms i am looking for something with at least 2k minimum lms that is conpact enough for edc. I will look at the suggestions mentioned. Anymore ideas would be great!

Are you referring to the link that SOYCD posted? That is the latest version of Oveready Torchlab triple head. It actually has a max output of 3500L on 2 high output cells, and even on a single cell it has a max output of 1900L. Pretty close to your 2k requirement. And it is all programmable from anything that has a screen. Cellphone, computer monitor, etc. That light is actually one of the most versatile lights you can get.

Latest posts