Throwing Knives

TheEpeter

Newly Enlightened
I have a couple of these Hibben throwing Knives.

They're pretty light weight and simple to hide. Plus, they throw pretty well, for their relative lightness. If you get them, practice practice practice otherwise you'll just end up losing your knives ;)

jbuidon

Newly Enlightened
been throwing knives for 4+ years now...

I use a custom matched set of Newt Livesay throwing knives.

most Chinese throwing knives I've seen are way too light and too short to be effective. it's MUCH harder to throw a short light knife, than a long heavy knife.

most critical part of getting started is figuring out correct distance to make knife stick. once you figure that out, next step is to get your stroke consistent.

some throw tip forward, some tip back. personal preference. try both to see which works best for you.

my preference is tip forward, holding on to handle. how you hold will effect number of revolutions knife needs to turn before hopefully sticking.

once you start sticking, then you will quickly figure out effects of moving forward or backwards on stick angle.

there's another method of throwing with no revolutions. works only for close up to maybe 12 feet. better closer.. deadly accurate with great force. I can hit a quarter sized target burying blade every time.

you need to fab a target with a large backstop when you start. after you get more accurate, you can get by with a smaller backstop. end grain from a large log works great.

Hi cy, I would like to ask you something. Could you drop me a pm? thanks

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
You will need two more approved posts in forums where posts go toward your post count, before you can receive or send PM's. See Administrative Announcements forum for threads re new members.

Bill

ninja86

Newly Enlightened
I have been interested in knife throwing for a few years when i seen them in a Smoky Mountain Knife Works catalog. I particularly like the Gil Hibben Originals. Does anyone here throw knives?

I am looking for recomendations on knives for beginners along with any good links/reading materials, video, etc.

Thank You,
charge
Throwing knives is such a nice feeling, although if you're not quiet expert may be dangerous. i suggest you to check on you tube for some tip..

Dipti13

Newly Enlightened
Many times I thought of becoming an expert in throwing knives but you know it requires a lot of practice. There is a blog from where I got to know about throwing knives I hope it will help you also.

Alex093

Newly Enlightened
Hey. My name is Alexander. I live in Ukraine. Good throw knives. Who is interested in watching videos - write.<span style="color: rgb(62, 62, 62); font-size: 11px; line-height: 13.53px; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);">

MrJino

Enlightened
Gil Hibben is a joke on knife forums. Avoid the mall ninja stuff, it's cheap and not well made.

Personally I throw any knife I own, even my chris reeve knives.

My large fixed blades are difficult to throw, since they're heavy (about 2 or 3 lbs). But I figure it won't matter since it's heavy as crap.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bobby Branton makes trowing knives, and he makes really good throwing knives. He teaches knife throwing.