Thrunite Rocks!

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
In less than TWO DAYS I received my order for my NW TN4A!! How is does that even happen?! Am now like a pig in slop happy with my CW TN4A and now its NW brother! Thank you team Thrunite!

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
you should do a mini review, looks like it has a big deep reflector, let us know how u like it!

saypat

Enlightened
Envious here. I have (2) 4 AA lights. Would love the TN4A in NW.

I have a custom light on the way. It uses a Solarforce 2M Shorty host. A P60 drop in resides in the host. The head contains the optic. I have one head with a floody optic, another head will have a throw optic. So one light with additional heads. And it runs on an 18500 cell to boot!

Nice if the Thrunite could do this....

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only have a webcam to work with so pics are pretty much out. The difference between the CW and NW TN4A to my eyes is pretty striking. Color rendition with the NW is far better and the hotspot seems to be a bit tighter as opposed to kind of diffuse with the CW. Both lights are stonkingly bright and both have over 30000 candela. The beam out of both is HUGE Im talking Maglite radius here. I also have most of the rest of the 4xAA "stubbie" class of lights and the TN4A smokes them all at half the price of the rest. Sure I still love my D40A,GX25A3,EA41 and SRA40 but the TN4A is built just as well as any of the rest and has more real OTF lumens than the rest of the class. The TN4A does NOT have a timed step down which is fantastic it has a temperature gauge step down. The light has to hit a certain temp to step down. So far I cannot get either of my TN4A's to step down off turbo it all ends up coming down to how much battery power Ive got its amazing! The TN4A is one of the best flashlight purchases I have ever made. For the price of say the Eagletac GX25A3 I got 2 Thrunite TN4A's lol...still rotate the rest in my EDC so they get used but TN4A is the king of the class in either NW or CW

LeafSamurai

Enlightened
I only have a webcam to work with so pics are pretty much out. The difference between the CW and NW TN4A to my eyes is pretty striking. Color rendition with the NW is far better and the hotspot seems to be a bit tighter as opposed to kind of diffuse with the CW. Both lights are stonkingly bright and both have over 30000 candela. The beam out of both is HUGE Im talking Maglite radius here. I also have most of the rest of the 4xAA "stubbie" class of lights and the TN4A smokes them all at half the price of the rest. Sure I still love my D40A,GX25A3,EA41 and SRA40 but the TN4A is built just as well as any of the rest and has more real OTF lumens than the rest of the class. The TN4A does NOT have a timed step down which is fantastic it has a temperature gauge step down. The light has to hit a certain temp to step down. So far I cannot get either of my TN4A's to step down off turbo it all ends up coming down to how much battery power Ive got its amazing! The TN4A is one of the best flashlight purchases I have ever made. For the price of say the Eagletac GX25A3 I got 2 Thrunite TN4A's lol...still rotate the rest in my EDC so they get used but TN4A is the king of the class in either NW or CW

I agree with you CC74. I like my NW TN4A the most as the color rendition is very nice and I'm considering of getting more as a gift for family and friends. One of the best purchases and my favourite 4xAA lights now.

Bake

Newly Enlightened
I too received my TN4A NW in just two days. I was very impressed with the speed of shipping. I don't have any other 4AA lights to compare it to but it is a very capable light. Like you say the size of the beam coming out the front seems massive. However it doesn't really overpower the spill when using it outdoors.

The moon here is still 70% illuminated and has been that or more since my light came in so it really hasn't been dark at night for my playing around with it. I can't wait for a really dark night to get outside with it. I will say that both my ZL SC62W and ZL SC62D have better color rendition to me, but the Thrunite is very acceptable in that regard as well.

I'm sure this will not be my last Thrunite. They seem like great lights for the price. The Catapult is on my list, may have to go ahead and pick that one up too if I can decide that it will be a better light for my needs than the Acebeam K40M that also looks like a pretty good light for the money.

prnguinpoo

Newly Enlightened
The difference between the CW and NW TN4A to my eyes is pretty striking. Color rendition with the NW is far better and the hotspot seems to be a bit tighter as opposed to kind of diffuse with the CW.

yeah i found this too... i have my collection (Archer 1A V2, NW and CW (recently gave away the cw) and tn12 nw... the NWs are SUPERB

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ill have a new NW TN12 2014 in the mail tomorrow and cannot wait. If the difference between my CW TN12 and the incoming NW TN12 is as striking as it is between my 2 TN4A's I will be ecstatic. Best NW in my collection until now has been my NW ZL SC600 L2 and NW ET TX25C2. My new NW TN4A seems to fit perfectly between those two lights color wise I freaking love having tint this good that is also this powerful, wide and far throwing!

LeafSamurai

Enlightened
Ill have a new NW TN12 2014 in the mail tomorrow and cannot wait. If the difference between my CW TN12 and the incoming NW TN12 is as striking as it is between my 2 TN4A's I will be ecstatic. Best NW in my collection until now has been my NW ZL SC600 L2 and NW ET TX25C2. My new NW TN4A seems to fit perfectly between those two lights color wise I freaking love having tint this good that is also this powerful, wide and far throwing!

Will be waiting for your review on the NW TN12 2014. If it is positive feedback, I will get one as well. I have the NW ZL SC600 L2 as well and the NW TN4A, but looking for more NW lights and if all is good, will be keen to get one for myself too.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagletac is a great source for NW lights. I believe they offer NW versions of almost every model they make 4 of my 6 Eagletacs are NW and all 4 NW emitters are slightly different its very interesting. My Fenix UC35 has a CW U2-L2 emitter yet is much warmer than the CW TN12, P12. Ive seen that Sunwaymans NW D40A has what looks to be almost as striking a NW option as the NW TN4A is I will likely buy one of those as well despite already having the CW D40A. The CW D40A is extremely cool very very blue washes color out of most everything despite being an excellent beam and very bright. My NW Eagletac GX25A3 seems CW then my NW Eagletac TX25C2 has one of the most pleasing halogen like tints Ive seen out of a light so ET can be a mixed bag. Im trying to find the lights that are truly halogen like in tint which is much closer to actual daylight and avoid the lights that may claim to be NW but are still far into the blue spectrum to really be neutral....

My ZL SC600 L2 to my eyes yes is VERY neutral but also has a bit to much orange/red to it. Still quite different and very good. Seems the older XM-L2 T6 emitters are where it is at as that is what both the NW TN4A and TN12 have cannot wait until tomorrow night

prnguinpoo

Newly Enlightened
Will be waiting for your review on the NW TN12 2014. If it is positive feedback, I will get one as well. I have the NW ZL SC600 L2 as well and the NW TN4A, but looking for more NW lights and if all is good, will be keen to get one for myself too.

I had to post in here too because I am quite impressed with Thrunite. The TN12 2014 NW is brilliant, I honestly could not think of one thing to change on it...

Actually I could, but its something not available on any light - perhaps 5 tiny red leds, that indicate which power level you are on, if 1 is lit up, then your in Firefly, 2 = low, 3 = med 4 = high and 5 = Turbo...... But this would probably add considerably to the cost...! So I would choose the TN12 the way it is.

LeafSamurai

Enlightened
I had to post in here too because I am quite impressed with Thrunite. The TN12 2014 NW is brilliant, I honestly could not think of one thing to change on it...

Actually I could, but its something not available on any light - perhaps 5 tiny red leds, that indicate which power level you are on, if 1 is lit up, then your in Firefly, 2 = low, 3 = med 4 = high and 5 = Turbo...... But this would probably add considerably to the cost...! So I would choose the TN12 the way it is.

Thanks for your feedback prnguin. Am very keen on the light and will probably buy it regardless of the review from CC74, but will be good to see what CC74 says about it before jumping the gun :)

prnguinpoo

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your feedback prnguin. Am very keen on the light and will probably buy it regardless of the review from CC74, but will be good to see what CC74 says about it before jumping the gun :)

You will not regret it! Surprisingly I like the mode gaps, and thats the one thing I didnt think I would like!!! 800 is nice, its like a 'power saver high', then when you need everything, its like Kirk to Scotty "Give her all shes got", when you goto the 1050 mode.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I unfortunately did NOT receive the light today. I guess getting the NW TN4A in just 2 days was as an odd stroke of luck. Guess I will most likely get the light tomorrow or Wednesday. Regardless I am gonna start a comparison now with my cheesy web cam and the closest thing Ive got to the CW TN12 the Nitecore P12 2015. I gave my CW TN12 to a down on his luck friend in desperate need of a really good light not long ago. The P12 2015 is just a razors edge behind the TN12 in output to little to notice and they both run XM-L2 U2 emitters thus the Nitecore will be the stand in. I will start with a control shot which is my office with the lights off then go for a shot of the CW P12 on turbo. Pics upcoming

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
control shot. Almost midnight with no lights on at all.
WIN_20150608_232341_zpsm3vhycs8.jpg

Nitecore P12 2015 Edition on turbo. XM-L2 U2 on freshly charged Olight 3400mah 18650
WIN_20150608_232456_zpsyyjsungv.jpg

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight SC600 Mk II L2 NW Turbo on 3600mah Orbtronic 18650
WIN_20150608_235911_zpsvijak3vo.jpg

Eagletac TX25C2 NW Orbtronic 3400mah 18650
WIN_20150608_235956_zpsiucsucqy.jpg

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
horrible beamshots I know but until I can find an adapter that will take the card from my new cheap little Canon its the best I can do. The differences in person are indeed pretty striking. Will post the NW TN12 when I receive it

LeafSamurai

Enlightened
Nice pictures but tint is not much different based on what I see. Might be due to the camera used? However, TN4A seems to be floodier and have a larger hotspot than the rest of the lights, followed by Zebralight SC600, and then Nitecore P12, and lastly the Eagletac TX25C2.