Thrunite Scorpion V2 (XM-L) + Turbo Head Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS and more!

zifnab69

Newly Enlightened
idea for a new turbo head.
it'll be a great idea if thrunite release a turbo head with a lens instead of a reflector.
with a lens it's possible to have a Flood-to-Throw Zooming head.
i buy a very low price flashlight with this kind of head and it have a incredible throw "at max".
i think, with the "thrunite" engine, this kind of head will be a must have .
Of course it's not waterproff, but it's not a problem for me.

flipsyde

Newly Enlightened
Anyone able to find any tactical holsters that will fit the regular head or turbo one?

I found some ones I really like but it seems like they are only sold in Europe. http://www.euro-security.info/euro-security.info/en/flashlights/holders/63

I would definitely snatch up the LHU-14 if I had the chance. If anyone could find a way to buy them in the States or knows of something similar, let me know!

Great review on this product as well. This is the review that finally made up my mind on what light I want to get.

18inch

Newly Enlightened
For those that have the turbo head...Do you guys think the turbo head add considerable throw?? I want to buy one but its kinda expensive at $32...Do you guys think its worth it? anymore beam shots on throw comparison please? Thanks!

I just got mine , I think its a nice addition... the throw is better and it gives you a wider lighting area also.. and its always nice to have an extra head just in case...

btw the flashlight is awsome running it with a single AW 18650 2900mah... thank you selfbuilt for the great review that helped me with my purchase!! lovecpf

Last edited:

scaramanga

Newly Enlightened
I bought my Scorpion V2 mainly because of this awesome review so a big thanks goes out to selfbuilt! I just got mine today and really happy with it. The interface was very easy to learn and that firefly mode, is going to be useful for me. Oh yeah, I went for the turbohead also... Very nice indeed. Though I wish it had some form of knurling or was even marked as 'Scorpion' or 'ThruNite' like the original head because it basically renders the flashlight "nameless", save for the letters TN on the switch.

lites

Newly Enlightened
Great review, I was going to get a catapult as i wanted a good 1 x 18650 thrower but now ive read thgis review i think a scorpion v3 and turbo head will do. . . anyone got any other ideas :sssh:

JerBear

Newly Enlightened
I'm very tempted to buy this light based off of your review for my EDC as a LEO-to-be. However theres one major drawback for me about this light: why are the strobe and max modes only momentary? Why limit the user to have to hold the button to keep the function active?
Christo_pull_hair.gif
There are times when I want to keep the max mode on high by clicking the button and leaving it on, I dont want to have to hold down the button, that severly handicaps my actions. I understand I can set the variable output to high and use that, but I need a dedicated mode for a medium setting as well and i'm not going to re-ramp the light everytime I want to change from medium to high just so I don't have to hold down the button. I'll probably still end up getting this light being I can't find a more powerful tactical single hand operated light for an EDC size, but the fact that high mode is only momentary bugs the crap out of me. Otherwise very impressive light :)

Last edited:

Helmut.G

Enlightened
Hi,
Thanks for the review.

I just have mine but I have a donut with the two head. :(
how bad is the donut? a light to medium donut hole is normal.
My Scorpion also has got a pretty strong donut hole, I was not pleased when I first got the light. But it never disturbed me actually using the light, not a single time - even though it's clearly visible, not only on the white wall! I don't even notice it anymore.

Great review, I was going to get a catapult as i wanted a good 1 x 18650 thrower but now ive read thgis review i think a scorpion v3 and turbo head will do. . . anyone got any other ideas :sssh:
the scorpion turbo will have enough throw for most situations, but if you want a dedicated thrower light it's not it. I'm not sure if the catapult works with 1x18650.

Pierre Niemans

Newly Enlightened
how bad is the donut? a light to medium donut hole is normal.
My Scorpion also has got a pretty strong donut hole, I was not pleased when I first got the light. But it never disturbed me actually using the light, not a single time - even though it's clearly visible, not only on the white wall! I don't even notice it anymore.

More lignt in the edge with a dark center.
When I use it to see my car at 15 meter, I don't see the center.
I returned it to my seller and now I wait for a new one.

What "a light to medium donut hole" seems ?
Sorry neighbor, I'm french

eh123456

Newly Enlightened
I have just received my Scorpion V2, have only played with it for about half an hour and I have a problem.
I set the Infinite Brightness to max and saved it. On 2 occasions (right, not just a coincidence), when I turned on the light, the beam flickers slightly for about 30 seconds and turned itself off completely, the light could then be turned on again with no problem.
I was using Panasonic 18650 2900mah if it matters.

Did I do anything wrong ?

eh123456

Newly Enlightened
Shortly after I posted my original message, I noticed the problem was getting real bad, the problem happened very often, but the beam only flickered for about 10-20 seconds without turning off itself.
I suspected it could be the battery also, so I changed to a Panasonic 3100mah, tested for about 50 times (on/off), no problem.
Then I changed back to the original battery, tested for maybe 100 times (on/off), also no problem.
Seems like the problem is gone, any clue ?
Could it be the tail cap wasn't closed "properly" at the very beginning ?

Helmut.G

Enlightened
Shortly after I posted my original message, I noticed the problem was getting real bad, the problem happened very often, but the beam only flickered for about 10-20 seconds without turning off itself.
I suspected it could be the battery also, so I changed to a Panasonic 3100mah, tested for about 50 times (on/off), no problem.
Then I changed back to the original battery, tested for maybe 100 times (on/off), also no problem.
Seems like the problem is gone, any clue ?
Could it be the tail cap wasn't closed "properly" at the very beginning ?
Possible. the tailcap loosens very easily on my example.

Latest posts