Thrunite T10S (XP-G2, 1xAA, Stainless Steel) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO+

cogwheel

Newly Enlightened
I just got my T10 Al, and it's quite nice. Everything on the light works well, and I'm getting the hang of the switch. I did run into one issue, though it isn't with the light itself. The included allen wrench is slightly too large for the machine screws that hold the clip on. Unfortunately I don't have any small allen wrenches handy, so I made due with a torx t6 driver, which mostly worked.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cogwheel did the clip come installed & you're trying to remove it, or install it?

also do you find the switch wobbly at all, or when you press any edge of it, the entire disc goes down evenly?

congrats on a nice light

ven

Flashaholic
Cogwheel did the clip come installed & you're trying to remove it, or install it?

also do you find the switch wobbly at all, or when you press any edge of it, the entire disc goes down evenly?

congrats on a nice light

I can answer from my use,ally the t/s and alloy versions of mine do have slight movement on the button. Its of no issue at all and could argue it makes a smooth press when finger not straight on the clicky. Regarding the clips ,these come separate in a plastic bag along with 2x spare cap heads so yes this does require you fitting the clip leon.
I took shelms recommendation of the longer nitecore clips(banggood has them),his advice was spot on as they are better. Tip for fitting the cap heads............use your own allen key as the supplied is not of good quality and can easily round the cap head(iirc 1.5mm).

ven

Flashaholic
I do have a T20T coming. I should probably start a thread for that one...

Really like the look of the t20t and t20s,nice alternative over the t10 lights:)and i do prefer the form factor too.........

I do wonder what difference it has regarding driver allowing 4.2v cells.................or were TN just over cautious with the t10 lights due to size as imo work excellent with 14500 imr cells

Tapis

Enlightened
I bought this light but found it is at 63g too heavy for my liking. I should have bought the T10T which is 44g only. Fortunately, Christmas is coming so it will be easy to find a new happy owner for it.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I bought this light but found it is at 63g too heavy for my liking. I should have bought the T10T which is 44g only. Fortunately, Christmas is coming so it will be easy to find a new happy owner for it.

I asked my wife for a T10T neutral for Christmas, but the S version has great scratch resistance...

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use an Energizer Lithium AA primary in my T10T neutral and is super light. I use an Eneloop in my T10S and, in comparison, it is hefty. I would be more inclined to put a li-ion in the T10S for a number of reasons.

cogwheel

Newly Enlightened
I've had my T10 Al now for about 3½ months. The flashlight itself still works perfectly, and overall I think it's a pretty good light and a good value. Not everything is sunshine and roses, though. The clip is not very durable. I clip the light to the front pocket of my pants, with the light hanging on the inside of the pocket. Over time, the clip has bent open at the cross-shaped hole, and is much looser than when I got it. It's loose enough that it has fallen off several times, and I'm afraid I'll miss it falling off one of these days and it'll be gone for good. I know there are the Nitecore clips that ven has pictures of on the previous page, but the metal looks like it's about the same thickness and those also have a cutout at around the same flexing point the stock clip does, so I'm not sure if they'll actually last longer.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not officially. But I read that someone tried it (I think it was VEN) and I tried it. No poof and I ran it for about 10 minutes or so without a problem. Many lights don't officially support li-ions but will run fine (Olight i3s). But some lights will go poof (Thrunite Ti3). Lots of good information and people who share generously - gotta love CPF.

ven

Flashaholic
IYes it was me,I have 14500 in all my T10 lights,it states up to 3v iirc in specs ,however 4.2v cells work very well. Retains the 0.2lm low,med is more like high and high mode is......well bright!!

reg clip,I took advise on here from shelm and bought 3 longer nitecore clips

I will try and get a comparison reg thickness to the original

xzel87

Enlightened
I've had my T10 Al now for about 3½ months. The flashlight itself still works perfectly, and overall I think it's a pretty good light and a good value. Not everything is sunshine and roses, though. The clip is not very durable. I clip the light to the front pocket of my pants, with the light hanging on the inside of the pocket. Over time, the clip has bent open at the cross-shaped hole, and is much looser than when I got it. It's loose enough that it has fallen off several times, and I'm afraid I'll miss it falling off one of these days and it'll be gone for good. I know there are the Nitecore clips that ven has pictures of on the previous page, but the metal looks like it's about the same thickness and those also have a cutout at around the same flexing point the stock clip does, so I'm not sure if they'll actually last longer.

I just ordered my T10S, at the same time, I've also ordered the clip ven used (similar to his I ordered the long one). I think perhaps the longer clip will be less prone to bending out of shape, since it is longer and thus able to flex better compared to the shorter original clip?, not sure my explanation conveys what im trying to point out though.

Besides, if the banggood titanium alloy clip claim is to be believed, as in real titanium alloy (if it isn't then its a real rip off at 6+ dollars a piece), it *should* be stronger that the original stainless steel clip.

Cheers!

xzel87

Enlightened
Greetings, wanted to ask in regards to long term usage with 14500 li-ion...The light still functioning well?, no issues developing after how many months long term use?

my light is on the way, an I've ordered some xtar 14500 800mah for it. just want more reassurance as I don't want light to go poof first time turning it on. thanks.

ven

Flashaholic
My 3 lights all work fine so far,you will find the lowest 0.2lm is the same,medium(my most used) is the same as high on an eneloop cell. Then high mode is of course brighter still,not sure on lumens but certainly sufficient for most edc uses. The light will get warmer quicker obv,but as with any light,once getting too warm you either drop a mode or turn off to cool. You will probably find most uses will be in medium as enough,however short blasts on high works well.

xzel87

Enlightened
Thanks for the info ven. For additional clarification, does the light get considerably warm on medium running li-ion?, or the heat issue is really only present in high mode.

Also, since I'm new to the technical side of LEDs, how severely impacted would the life span of the LED be running on "not recommended" li-ion cells?, because I do expect it to run for a few years (hopefully).

My intended set up would be running li-ion mainly, but with eneloops as spare with conditions requiring long runtime at high. However if heat regulates well on medium mode running li-ion then I have a choice of getting more 14500 as backups and dedicate the eneloops to my other AA only lights (these would definitely go poof with 14500s).

Thanks for taking the time to answer