Thrunite T10S (XP-G2, 1xAA, Stainless Steel) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO+

Flashy808

Enlightened
major difference would be the mode spacing and the availability of a deep carry pocket clip. Personally I prefer the t10 mode spacing. E12 50 lumen to 130 lumen, I wouldn't see anyany real significance difference in terms of visual output.

To be honest, unless you're looking specifically for SS or titanium. Both are good choices.

Yeah I figured that but I can only choose one and I hate it when this happens...
I think I'm leaning towards making my own pocket clip and getting the E12 because I found that it even looks brighter that the T10 (on camera that is). Still dunno.

xzel87

Enlightened
Yeah I figured that but I can only choose one and I hate it when this happens...
I think I'm leaning towards making my own pocket clip and getting the E12 because I found that it even looks brighter that the T10 (on camera that is). Still dunno.

Perhaps the e12 has a tighter hotspot therefore it seems brighter since it has a more focused hotspot. This observation is bases on specs as the e12 has the XP-E2, while the t10 has XP-G2 (Neutral), XP-L (Cool).

Then again, since you're on the fence on both, just get whatever is cheaper. Both still good.

Flashy808

Enlightened
Perhaps the e12 has a tighter hotspot therefore it seems brighter since it has a more focused hotspot. This observation is bases on specs as the e12 has the XP-E2, while the t10 has XP-G2 (Neutral), XP-L (Cool).

Then again, since you're on the fence on both, just get whatever is cheaper. Both still good.
The hotspot is tighter on the E12 but I guess nothing compares to a real life experience.

Yeah still waiting out to find a good deal.

Got a good/ok deal for the E12 but haven't got much luck for the T10.
Maybe someone has seen one.

xzel87

Enlightened
Hard to get deals on Thrunite as they have much less retailers and distributors. Can't go wrong with either, good luck on your choice.

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know that this is an old thread, but I wanted to show off a cool heat treated T10T that I picked up from one of our cool members. It's next to my Fellhoelter tibolt pen.
a093dd8bf84df7b697adaa011e156bd8.jpg

Last edited:

LedTed

Enlightened
I know that this is an old thread, but I wanted to show off a cool heat treated T10T that I picked up from one of our cool members. It's next to my Fellhoelter tibolt pen.

I always liked the entire T10 line. Your T10S is, if course, unique. Thanks for sharing the cool picture.

Flashy808

Enlightened
a093dd8bf84df7b697adaa011e156bd8.jpg

Wow nice, how do find it as an EDC? I was wondering if it had enough throw... :)

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Flashy:

This one has the newer XPL emitter. It's not a real thrower, but that's okay, as my edc needs are for more close up work (ie finding things dropped, looking under the desk, etc)

Overall, I am happy with it as a daily EDC light. It is very small, and that is what is important for me. The majority of the time, I am in office clothes so it is important that the edc light be small and slim.

Flashy808

Enlightened
Hi Flashy:

This one has the newer XPL emitter. It's not a real thrower, but that's okay, as my edc needs are for more close up work (ie finding things dropped, looking under the desk, etc)

Overall, I am happy with it as a daily EDC light. It is very small, and that is what is important for me. The majority of the time, I am in office clothes so it is important that the edc light be small and slim.

Oh yeah just checked it outputs 200 lumens! Shame they didn't do the same for the regular T10...

I ask this because the Fenix E12 has a more (much more) throwy beam.
Guess it comes down to preference again.:)

florenm

Newly Enlightened
There is mode memory, if you wait at least 2 secs after turning the light off before re-activating. Otherwise, you will simply change modes.

Hi,

I search about it, but didn't find: what about the autonomy without using it?
For example I have a Nitecore D11 (Nimh AA battery) with memory too. And I had the bad surprise to find it totaly empty after one month without using it at all. So I can't count on it!
On the other hand, I have no problem with my ITP A3 EOS (AAA battery) which doesn't have any memory.

So what about the Thrunite T10?

I read this on amazon:
"Memory function is activated after 2 seconds from the light turned off"
So I understand that when light turns off, it doesn't mean that the light is completly off.

Did someone test this light like this already? or have more information?

Thank you very much!

Florent

ven

Flashaholic
The T10 lights do have memory and tested, also being a rear clicky from my checks show no parasitic drain when stored.

:welcome:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
TheT10 has no parasitic drain. I have a SS with NiMH Eneloop and a Ti with an Energizer Lithium primary. The Ti setup is super light.

DPRoberts

Newly Enlightened
I've been wanting a Thrunite T10 for a while now, & it looks like they might be getting phased out - there's no longer any info about the T10S or the T10T on the Thrunite website, and many of the places that used to carry it no longer have it in stock. Amazon has the T10T on sale, so I ordered one.

The interesting bit is that they now offer different models with either the XP-G2 and XP-L emitter, but Amazon is not clear at all on what exactly is available - or what you'll get. It says the XP-L is Cool White, and is available on the T10S & T10T. If you want NW, you get the XP-G2. It shows only one type of T10T, in stock, the NW, so I assumed it's the XP-G2, since that's what the description says. But when you add the item to the cart, the cart then says it's a NW XP-L, which according to the description isn't even an option.

I got the light today, and it is indeed an XP-L (I'm a noob and I wouldn't recognize the emitter, but "T10T XP-L" is etched on the side, along with the serial number). It appears to be neutral white to me, but in checking out earlier posts and other threads on this light (like this one http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?385893-Help!-Neutral-White-vs-Cool-White) the tint looks even more neutral than anything I've seen - in person, it looks less blue than the cool whites, but less yellow than the neutral whites. So, I'm not sure what I actually have.

Either way, I really like the light so far. The clicky switch is pretty good - there's a distinct difference between the half click for mode shifts & the complete click - I doubt I'll ever turn it off when I want to change modes, which is a problem I've had with other lights that have the same setup. The only thing I don't like is the twisty head - it's not very easy to change modes with one hand. I think it's the combination of titanium threads with the smooth body. However, the clicky switch itself works well enough that I doubt I'll use the head-switching feature. It also came with a slightly different case than what's pictured in selfbuilt's review, as well as an extra pocket clip (I don't know if that's normal, or perhaps my copy was a customer return or something).

Either way, as a budget titanium light I'm very pleased. I've been thinking about ordering the Thrunite TN4A in XP-L NW, and based on my T10T I think I'll like that one too.

Last edited:

DPRoberts

Newly Enlightened
Do any versions of this light (Al, SS, Ti) have any indicator of remaining battery life?

No, there is no low battery indicator.

I have a question for those of you who have the Ti - the threads on the head are "gritty", which I expected, but it's bad enough that it's really hard for me to twist on and off one handed (I also have grip issues, so maybe it's just me). What is the best way to treat the threads to loosen them up? I've seen people re-lube with silicon grease, teflon tape, etc., but I wasn't sure what works best with titanium. If anyone could give me any suggestions I'd appreciate it.