Thrunite Ti3 (XP-G2, 1xAAA) keychain light review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO+

torchflux

Newly Enlightened
The Thrunite site is out of stock (CW & NW). Where's a good place online to get a Ti3?
if you're in USA I would just wait until Amazon (Thrunite store) gets them back. Got mine from there a couple months ago.

(am waiting on a T20T NW to come back in stock, at the moment status is on order)

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you're in USA I would just wait until Amazon (Thrunite store) gets them back. Got mine from there a couple months ago.

(am waiting on a T20T NW to come back in stock, at the moment status is on order)
Ordered from hkequipment 12.17.14, received yesterday 12.31.14, all the way from Hong Kong. Nice, clean package with small, clean, secure tin padded case - everything in order. Applied a couple drops of oil and slid the clip on, after needle nose attaching on the chain. I like the length of the chain + lobster clip on this and the i3S - just long enough to grasp with my pinky while manipulating the head on and off. As stated, knurling is near perfect in terms of grip and placement. This may bump my i3S from edc duty, who knows?

_

Last edited:

mbzeitz

Newly Enlightened
I received mine three days ago, I lpve how much light it produces for being the same size as my E01. Only strange thing is it is much warmer than my other cool white lights, id guees around 5000K. The cardboard packaging was marked cool white, but I wonder if I received a neutral. Are these just a touch on the warm side? Did I get a warm white?

tallboybass

Newly Enlightened
SB, you say 10440 is not supported, any chance you tried one to see if it works? I know the Olight i3S works fine on lithium, even though it's not supported.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
SB, you say 10440 is not supported, any chance you tried one to see if it works? I know the Olight i3S works fine on lithium, even though it's not supported.
No, I haven't tried it. If it is truly not supported, the circuit can go :poof: But it is always possible - has anyone else tried it?

tallboybass

Newly Enlightened
OK, I got mine today....the NW version. A few things...the clip broke after only 2 removals. High is Very Noticeably Brighter than the i3S but Firefly and Low seem very close to the Olight, on mine anyway. The threads are Much Tighter....lots more effort to operate this baby. Still, a great light for the money, especially if you like Moon>Low>High (and NW).

BTW, I'm a little nervous about trying 10440 on this one (no prob on i3S) because of how hard it is driven on High. Anyone feel like volunteering?

Last edited:

MathewHayde

Newly Enlightened
Have decided to get one of these with a Archer 2A as my first decent flashlights. Just hoping I will be happy with the LED NW as I haven't seen them a lot as most are CW.

Ratmick

Newly Enlightened
Many thanks for the review, just ordered one of these little beauties.

We've just moved into full-on winter here in Australia (albeit nothing like you guys get in North American) and I live on an acre block 10km from the nearest town.

I leave the house to go to work at 6:40am and it's pitch-black (and currently very wet and just above freezing).

My car is across the other side of the acre block in my shed and I have been blundering across the yard every morning (and 12 hours later when coming home).

Security lights come on (some of the time) at each end but in the middle is my clothes line and I keep finding it the hard way.

Anyway this torch will be connected to my car keys and I should be right from now on.

Ratmick

Newly Enlightened
Cool!
Welcome to the Forum! :welcome:
Many thanks, this is my second 'real' torch I've purchased after researching through this forum.

The other is also a Thrunite, a 2014-spec TN12 I bought to replace a Led Lenser. It's superior in every way apart from the fact you can't focus the beam into a spot.

So two posts, two torches...well if this one gets published 2 torches from three posts.

FWIW torches are a lot dearer here, even taking into consideration the exchange rate. Postage from the US is horrendously expensive, if you can get it, so no savings to be had there.

You can get them cheaper from eBay directly from China and HK but I'm a bit wary of copies coming in from that direction after being stung a few times. I'd rather pay a few dollars more and have local warranty.

Anyway thanks again, Mick

cyclesport

Enlightened
You can get them cheaper from eBay directly from China and HK but I'm a bit wary of copies coming in from that direction after being stung a few times.

Being in the US, I try to support local suppliers but FWIW... hkequipment (and intl-outdoor, for components mostly) are two of China's better, by a wide margin, torch retailers. IMO and from personal experience, I really doubt you would have to worry about copies from either of these resellers.

Ratmick

Newly Enlightened
Being in the US, I try to support local suppliers but FWIW... hkequipment (and intl-outdoor, for components mostly) are two of China's better, by a wide margin, torch retailers. IMO and from personal experience, I really doubt you would have to worry about copies from either of these resellers.
Many thanks for those two, just checked the first one and I spent about $AU1.60 more from a local retailer :)

May be a larger difference if I don't buy a small keyring-type torch though...

cyclesport

Enlightened
Many thanks...I spent about $AU1.60 more from a local retailer..

Yeah, I think the real savings in buying from these China dealers would be in the free shipping, as opposed to any meaningful discounts on the actual lights vs. local sources.

Ratmick

Newly Enlightened
Yeah and not a $AU35 torch too :)

We generally get a fairly raw deal down here, everything is more expensive, even thing that have no intrinsic worth like apps and music off iTunes.

It's cheaper to fly to Hawaii and have a short holiday and buy a copy of Adobe CS that buy it here...shoes, clothes all expensive.

Electric guitar parts (well Fender and Gibson/Epiphone anyway) all parts cheaper from the US. The full guitars aren't much cheaper from the US though, the freight for large items in horrendous.

If I can find them I order books from the UK.

I buy headlight globes for my cars from a retailer in the UK, less than half price and free freight.

Camera gear from HK and Singapore. I actually have two cameras from the US though, my sister lived in San Diego for a long while and bought them on my behalf.

Anyway I'll bookmark those two sites, thanks again.

Last edited:

Ratmick

Newly Enlightened
Ok received the light (the stainless TiS variant) earlier this week.

Great light, the little clip thing that comes with it that you have to bend into place to hold your key-chain is rubbish. It lasted two days and the torch and the key-chain went different ways.

Replaced it with a small key-ring, much better.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
When this light was released a while back, I ordered and canceled because I thought I wouldn't like the mode spacings and that weird memory thing. I bought a NW variety two weeks ago. While I still think that memory thing is odd and the mode spacings could be better, I like this light a lot. I think it is a nice improvement over the Olight i3S I have in two areas:

1. Much better knurling on the head.

2. Comes in NW.

The low mode of 12lm turns out to be very useful -- bright enough for 80% if my uses and lasts a long time. I just changed the battery after 7 days of use.

Wish the firefly mode could be a little brighter though. Anyway, until the perfect AAA light comes along (at this point I don't have much hope unless I make one myself), the NW Ti3 is my new AAA EDC light.

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Selfbuilt,
Is the "strobe" mode as bright as the "turbo" mode or is it a dimmer mode being strobed?

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Selfbuilt,
Is the "strobe" mode as bright as the "turbo" mode or is it a dimmer mode being strobed?
Sorry, it's been awhile since I tested this one - I presume it is full power. I will have to dig it out and try it again to confirm - but I am away at the moment, it will have to wait a few days.