Thrunite TN30vn35 - Budget Pop Can Thrower

vinhnguyen54

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Re: XXX - Budget Pop Can Thrower

Then let me waste one of your brain cells with some info you may never use!

http://www.banggood.com/Solarstorm-...s-4-Mode-LED-Flashlight-3x18650-p-934015.html

You're welcome. [emoji38]

Every time I see a budget light I get tempted...Then I open one up...Get lots of headaches then tell myself never ever again!!! Then another attractive one comes along and I have hopes. Then more headaches and more never again...Haha. I am kind of sober from budget lights so I guess I will just let them be for a while. :)

Skeeterg

Skeeterg

Enlightened

Don't think it could be the MK34 I don't think u could get over 600 meters of throw with that..??

MikeB.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast

This light is definitely on my radar.

chops728

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast

[h=1]EagTac SX25L3[/h]

R

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Supporter

[h=1]EagTac SX25L3[/h]
It would be great if lights of this size classification could emit 5,000 lumens, but not yet. So far, not 4,500 lumens. Not 6,000 lumens from lights of this size.

Alex1234

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

Every time I see a budget light I get tempted...Then I open one up...Get lots of headaches then tell myself never ever again!!! Then another attractive one comes along and I have hopes. Then more headaches and more never again...Haha. I am kind of sober from budget lights so I guess I will just let them be for a while. :)

LOL vinh this made me laugh. Vinh has high standards with quality and rightfully so :)

vinhnguyen54

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter

LOL vinh this made me laugh. Vinh has high standards with quality and rightfully so :)

Don't get me wrong, they are not terrible. They are just not the best fit for mass production and or pushing to the limit candidates. They are great for hobby modding. At the end of the day though I really appreciate quality. I started out with budget lights from deal extreme. Must have spent like $500 on budget lights. Each light takes 2 weeks to 1 month to arrive. I would order them every other day so I can get them in the mail accordingly. Unfortunately opening the package was more fun than the light themselves. Then I man up and bought a couple of used Eagletacs, M3C4 I think. Boy oh boy, quality quality. Finally I bought my first New High quality light. The Fenix TK45. From then on I was in love with the quality stuff. The TK45 was like my Corvette compared to my Integra. God I hated that car. Only had it for 2 months before it was stolen. It was a pop can on wheels. Glad it was stolen! I didn't even have full coverage a so it was a total lost. Even worse than my 1985 Honda accord. No offense to anyone who had one. Just personal taste. So yeah. I am a strong believer of you pay for what you get. Never cheap out on things especially when its a tool. Ordered a used thermal printer the other day to save a few bucks. It broke last night. Arghhhhhhh Had to order another one this time. Never freaking learn! I also don't like fakes and clones and try to avoid when possible. Budget lights are cool. Budget clones are not. I was watching a watch review the other day by urban gentry on youtube and he talked about why we should not buy a fake. Aside from the obvious reasons he mentioned that using a fake is a self disrespect. We deserve the best. We are real so stick to the real thing. Wow long rant for no reason LOL

Last edited:
Mike9028

Mike9028

Enlightened

Don't get me wrong, they are not terrible. They are just not the best fit for mass production and or pushing to the limit candidates. They are great for hobby modding. At the end of the day though I really appreciate quality. I started out with budget lights from deal extreme. Must have spent like $500 on budget lights. Each light takes 2 weeks to 1 month to arrive. I would order them every other day so I can get them in the mail accordingly. Unfortunately opening the package was more fun than the light themselves. Then I man up and bought a couple of used Eagletacs, M3C4 I think. Boy oh boy, quality quality. Finally I bought my first New High quality light. The Fenix TK45. From then on I was in love with the quality stuff. The TK45 was like my Corvette compared to my Integra. God I hated that car. Only had it for 2 months before it was stolen. It was a pop can on wheels. Glad it was stolen! I didn't even have full coverage a so it was a total lost. Even worse than my 1985 Honda accord. No offense to anyone who had one. Just personal taste. So yeah. I am a strong believer of you pay for what you get. Never cheap out on things especially when its a tool. Ordered a used thermal printer the other day to save a few bucks. It broke last night. Arghhhhhhh Had to order another one this time. Never freaking learn! I also don't like fakes and clones and try to avoid when possible. Budget lights are cool. Budget clones are not. I was watching a watch review the other day by urban gentry on youtube and he talked about why we should not buy a fake. Aside from the obvious reasons he mentioned that using a fake is a self disrespect. We deserve the best. We are real so stick to the real thing. Wow long rant for no reason LOL

Well said! Couldn't agree more. As a customer of yours from almost day 1, it has been great seeing all the success you have had and will continue to have for years to come. You work hard and are always striving to innovate new ideas, always pushing the boundaries while making and producing only the best products to your customers. Thank you & keep up the great work Vinh! You have a life long customer here.

Last edited by a moderator:
liteboy

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter

Sign of good times for US brands to hear American made quality besting Japanese. It wasn't always that way!

Newlumen

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

i dont like fake.. Lol. Sometimes expensive mean nothing.. Example regular 5qt oil $13. Synthetic oil $25. You buy oil accordingly for your car... I bought some cheap iphone car/wall charger from ebay for like $5. It work fine. Overall, i like high quality stuff..

Impossible lumens

Impossible lumens

Enlightened

Rant is not for no reason. I give it a solid 8. A good rant should have truth at the heart of it. Or at least effectively communicate some learned lesson, aspect of truth, element of reality as it honestly pertains to real life for the ranter. By extension this should then resonate well for many while repelling a few. Heck, it wasn't even so much a rant as simply useful information. We certainly don't always get useful information in life, less often recognize it as such, and still less often actually apply it to our lives. I agree that it can be hard to learn the lesson so thanks for sharing.

Impossible lumens

Impossible lumens

Enlightened

Is it something along the lines of a TN4A converted to lithium with xhp35 ?

Impossible lumens

Impossible lumens

Enlightened

Wait, that probably wouldn't be so budget after modding work.

Impossible lumens

Impossible lumens

Enlightened

Wouldn't be no 6,000 lumens either. My bad.

MikeB.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast

TN30vn35

I was going to guess that's what it was.

MikeB.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast

This should make for a pretty awsome light.

Last edited:
E

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just saw that on skylumen. Id imagine spec 4 would be very close to the tn30vn50.

Honestly, thrunite is really growing on me lately.

J

jasaero

Newly Enlightened

TN30vn35 is really the guy for this thread? I was expecting something with a single XHP35 and deep well reflector with like 2000-2500lm and more like 200-300klux. Not sure what a good host for that would be though?

E

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast

it does say 6000lm/100klux in the first post.

besides, vinh made a video of the tn30vn35 right after his x7vn video and stated a few times that he was aiming for a budget pop can light that leans toward throw. sounds like it fits this topic quite nicely right? :)

M

mntbighker

Newly Enlightened

Heads up, the TN30vn35 is now up on SkyLumen for $215. Unlike the vn50 though it doesn't have the BP-10 battery pack.

FYI