Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

toobig

Newly Enlightened
I've wanted an MT-G2 flashlight for some time now and have been bouncing back and forth between the TN35 and the smaller MX25L3. Have been concerned with the sheer size of the TN35 but love the one hand thumb control of the TN35 much more than the UI on the MX. So great thread and I'm going for the TN35. Maybe everyone should have at least one BIG light. And if Vin couldn't resist it must be something pretty special!

InspectHerGadget

Enlightened
I've wanted an MT-G2 flashlight for some time now and have been bouncing back and forth between the TN35 and the smaller MX25L3. Have been concerned with the sheer size of the TN35 but love the one hand thumb control of the TN35 much more than the UI on the MX. So great thread and I'm going for the TN35. Maybe everyone should have at least one BIG light. And if Vin couldn't resist it must be something pretty special!

I have the TN32 and the MX25L3 with the MT-G2. I am really impressed with both lights. The build quality on both is excellent.the TN32 has an amazing beam but it is much bigger and heavier than the MX. The TN32 though is still easy enough to carry on the belt. I prefer the controls on the MX.

Both are great lights and the MT-G2 emitter is pretty amazing. I like the tint.

markr6

Flashaholic
TN35 on the Thurnite site says "Expected release date is 30th Sep 2015". I wonder if there is an update coming? Or if that just means more stock coming and the translation just didn't take :)

N1TRO

Newly Enlightened
Ordered one this weekend for Christmas
icon14.gif
, I cant wait!:twothumbs

Senator

Newly Enlightened
I got mine a week ago...for $109 from Amazon. I haven't had a light with a bounceback that can hurt...I need to stop pointing it at the ground when I turn it on. :twothumbs

Sen

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine a week ago...for $109 from Amazon. I haven't had a light with a bounceback that can hurt...I need to stop pointing it at the ground when I turn it on. :twothumbs

Sen

A big advantage with this design is that you can adjust the brightness level when the light is off, so you can always start at any desired level independent on the earlier used level! At the lowest mode of TN35 you can aim the light straight against the eyes when you turn it on, without problem! ;)

Last edited:

y0y0y

Newly Enlightened
Damn Amazon.. doesn't ship to Australia. I'll have to look elsewhere for a deal now.. :(

gnolivos

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for this awesome review. This was enough to convince me to buy this flashlight which I ordered today. I just hope they don't throw some crazy cyber Monday deal tomorrow!

gnolivos

Newly Enlightened
Anyone else have a slightly patterned hotspot on their MT35? Mine is quite obvious against a white wall.
EDIT: Will post a picture later today.

Last edited:

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone else have a slightly patterned hotspot on their MT35? Mine is quite obvious against a white wall.

Yep, mine does. Hard to describe, sort of a swirly, dotted pattern within the hot spot.

I've seen it in K40M's before as well so maybe its inherent with the MT-G2.

gnolivos

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, that's exactly how I would describe mine. I was afraid mine was defective. I couldn't capture it with my camera though. I doubt this will be noticeable at night on REAL world targets (unlike a white wall).

I also notice some rings OUTSIDE of the spill area. So I have: Hot spot, Spill, and then an outer Ring. Overall I think the optics aren't that great, but the light is very bright.

Yep, mine does. Hard to describe, sort of a swirly, dotted pattern within the hot spot.

I've seen it in K40M's before as well so maybe its inherent with the MT-G2.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast

If I look CAREFULLY I can see a VERY slight pattern in the hotspot. But this is hardly an issue at all in practise. If I don't think about it I don't see it at a white wall and this light is not the light for use at a white wall! It's really competent as a car head light and out in the wilderness it shines up everything and then you don't notice any artifact. Just a bright throwy wall of light!

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I have an outer ring. But it's nothing I have thought about earlier. Hard to tell from the picture if it's as noticeable as with my light.
But I would say: it's very usual with many lights with some kind of outer ring.