Thrunite TN36 (3xMK-R, 4x18650) review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

Travelmate

Newly Enlightened
Should be coming soon I would think, as there are reports of the TN4A with redesigned tailcap (with lanyard holes) now shipping. The TN36 is similar in design, so I would expect they are working on it.

Wrote to them today for the mini TN30 and their reply is they do not have plan for it. I doubt the TN36 will have it too.

joshjp

Enlightened
Ordered mine with Amazon and should arrive soon. Based on experience - this will be the ideal companion flashlight for me. I think the 1.7 lumen lower mode will be very useful. I'll rarely need to go above medium.

Currently, the first 3 levels of my Mini TN30 and TN4A are a little too low. I feel the 780 lumens - medium - will be a good room lite and 115 lumens of the low mode will be just bright enough for walking around the home without pumping up to medium, like I have to do with the Mini TN30.

I also feel the Mini TN30 is a little too throwy for a pure flooder, and i personally like the warm tint of the NW. Therefore, i think the TN36 NW is the ideal companion flashlight for my needs. Look forward to receiving it soon! Amazon has never let me down. Thanks.
I really like my Mini TN-30, i thought my Olight SR Mini would have better FLOOD, but nope the Mini TN-30 does, and the Mini TN-30 throws farther. Could you compare the TN-36 with the Mini TN-30?.

Travelmate

Newly Enlightened
I really like my Mini TN-30, i thought my Olight SR Mini would have better FLOOD, but nope the Mini TN-30 does, and the Mini TN-30 throws farther. Could you compare the TN-36 with the Mini TN-30?.

From the videos on Youtube I can see that the mini TN30 gives a tight hotspot besides flood whereas the TN36 is a total flood light.

The ThruNite(R) TN36 moonlight mode is very useful. I did an entire solo 2 hour night hike on single track using this mode. Then i also used it a lot on the fire road.

The beam is all flood but not in a bad way. In a very good way. I have never experienced such happiness and joy from a flashlight.

Last edited:

ThruNite

Newly Enlightened
You can order now.we think we will ship after march 6th for package from China. It is same as before for USA and Europe zone. So. Order now.

Buy the way. The tint of mk-r is not same as xm-l2. It is a little yellow for cool white.

regards

david

ThruNite(R) TN36 NW is all I ever needed. TN35 just came back in stock and i ordered it along with 2+4 Orbitronics© 18650's. I have been wanting this Cree© MT-G2 ultralight for a long time.

Last edited:
Here is the latest update (as of Thursday, 2/12) I received from the home office regarding the status of the new tailcap with lanyard point attachment. My original inquiry was if the existing batch on Amazon had the new tailcap. Please see below from their service department:

Hello,

Thanks for your message.
New batches of TN36 has lanyard and they are on the way to US warehouse.
It will arrive soon.
Thank you for your support.

Best regards

Our Spring Festival Holiday:
from February 11,2015 to February 24,2015

Service support | ThruNite

Last edited: