• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Ti 2x123 McClickie Pak Wave(s)

StrayLight

Enlightened
Email sent for one... and Paypal sent.

I don't know the exact dimensions of a 17670, but aren't they deciphered from that number? If protected R123s fit, then diameter would be no problem; length would be the only unknown.

My interest in knowing is for those E-series heads that can run on a two cell body but might not run safely on two R123s, since I rarely use primaries. Looks like PSM asked the same question in his own thread...

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic

I don't know the exact dimensions of a 17670, but aren't they deciphered from that number? If protected R123s fit, then diameter would be no problem; length would be the only unknown.

My interest in knowing is for those E-series heads that can run on a two cell body but might not run safely on two R123s, since I rarely use primaries. Looks like PSM asked the same question in his own thread...

The bore on these paks is right at 17 mm I believe so whether the diameter is acceptable or not I can't say. I played with the Li-Ion cells a number of years back when some of them had multiple labels wrapped on them, of all things! :rolleyes: In terms of length, a stack of 2xSF CR123's looks to be 68.0 mm so I would guess the length should be OK but surely there are members who have good hands on experience here?!? :shrug:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Ti 2x123 Mcluckie Park Wave(s)

HI guys.
I pulled an older BLUE BODY 17670 Lithium cell out to measure it.
It came up just shy of 17mm at 16.8 and 16.9mm the plastic sheath is slightly variable I guess.
I pulled out my SunDrop and inserted the 17670 into the clicky body. It is a VERY TIGHT FIT. So if enough of the battery sticks out of the end of the 2 cell body (assuming they have the same ID) to get a hold of it. The 17670 should work.
I have no doubt that there is a certain amount of variation in the OD of these cells. Some may and some may not work. Like I said it was a tight fit in the single cell body.
I hope this bit of vague information helps a little. When these bodies hit some end users we will have a MUCH idea about their use with 17600 cells.
Thank you Don for the quick response to my questions.
Yaesumofo

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Ti 2x123 Mcluckie Park Wave(s)

McGizmo - looks like you got lucky with Murphy. Good to see this wave out :thumbsup:
Looks like real beauties in the picture :goodjob:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,

I went for a late afternoon swim and I see in my mail box that the initial 18 paks that have been assembled are all now spoken for. I have not responded to some of you yet so you may or may not have caught one of these first batch, I am going to tread out on some thin ice here and just let this wave continue but with the understanding that the balance of these won't ship until late in the week. (someone please send Murphy a PM that he is needed somewhere; anywhere but here! :duck: )

Latest posts