• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Ti PD-S Discussion....

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too like the idea of (3) levels, as often use a very low illumination at night.

The HDS EDC 60 Ultimate GT, can be set up for a very low level and to turn on to that level every time (with an F04 diffuser it is a very usable beam).

The new Surefire Titan list specification as
[font=arial, helvetica]"potentiometercontrolled bezel for surgical control"[/font]

that is one reson that Titan intrigues me and am on a "list".

Having said that I like the simplicity of my PD's and prefer the switch to be activated by twisting the head for everday use.

jeffb

Scottiver

Enlightened
I have found a way to have three levels of brightness.....I now carry TWO McluxIII-PD's when i'm out walking my dog at night. I have my new Ti-PD-S in my right hand putting out around 100 lumens and my "old" aluminum PD in my left putting out 50 or so lumens. So I have the best of both worlds.
I like to switch between different combinations of lights for my nightly walks, but this is my current favorite and it's kind of fun doing one handed twisty action with both hands at once.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
IMHO 2 levels are perfect for the 1x123 lights like the PD. The 2x123 and above critters are different now with those new LEDs. Those could benefit from 3 levels IMHO, but in the end this isn't a critical requirement. I prefer a solid 2-stage to a complicated and possibly fragile 3-stage any day.
bernie

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kiessling said:
IMHO 2 levels are perfect for the 1x123 lights like the PD. The 2x123 and above critters are different now with those new LEDs. Those could benefit from 3 levels IMHO, but in the end this isn't a critical requirement. I prefer a solid 2-stage to a complicated and possibly fragile 3-stage any day.
bernie

Back when I was a young buck like you, BK, I could handle a three stage as often as it was offered...:naughty:

Now, sadly, two stages seems as good as it gets... :green:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Hey old man ... what hare you implying here ??? :whoopin: :crackup:

You mean there will come a time where a single stage light is all we need :sick2:?

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kiessling said:
Hey old man ... what hare you implying here ??? :whoopin: :crackup:

Nothing...:whistle: Hmphhh. And here I thought that mizer thingy was an issue for you young turks. :shakehead :nana:

Back OT, week two with the PD-S, and still loving it. Gotta steal it back from my kids, though. :ohgeez:

BK..:buddies: