Tiablo A1 Mini-Review: Now w/pics

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
great little light.
any comparisons on the MA1 light?
which is the better one, the A1 or the newer version, MA1?

They're the same, except that the MA1 has two modes and is black. So if you want a low mode get the MA1, and if you want to save a few dollars you can find the A1 on sale a few places.

Rzr800

Enlightened
"...DX sent me the A1 instead of the MA1.
just not worth the effort to rma for an exchange.
or is it?
tia..."

It'll grow on you and you'll like the smooth feel, threads, battery protection/circuit, runtime and beam quality/throw. An often overlooked nice pocket carry despite its grossly exaggerated claims.

Last edited:

wbp

Enlightened
They're the same, except that the MA1 has two modes and is black. So if you want a low mode get the MA1, and if you want to save a few dollars you can find the A1 on sale a few places.

How can you write this? NO, they are definitely NOT the same!!! The A1 is significantly brighter than the MA1, and on lower current (which means longer run time). The MA1's control circuitry adds significant draw and lowers the light output. I purchased an MA1, and after measuring it, was surprised by the difference, and returned it.

Actual measurements:

A1: 410 lux at 1 meter, 350 ma (NiMH)
MA1: 374 lux at 1 meter, 650 ma (NiMH) !!!

William

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
How can you write this? NO, they are definitely NOT the same!!! The A1 is significantly brighter than the MA1, and on lower current (which means longer run time). The MA1's control circuitry adds significant draw and lowers the light output. I purchased an MA1, and after measuring it, was surprised by the difference, and returned it.

Actual measurements:

A1: 410 lux at 1 meter, 350 ma (NiMH)
MA1: 374 lux at 1 meter, 650 ma (NiMH) !!!

William

so, the A1 is a keeper!