Tiablo A9 SSR-50 Mod

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this thread is getting old, but I took some outdoor beam shots last night and I included this light, so I thought I'd share it in this thread. It should be noted that I used the stock, non-modified SMO reflector for this picture. The opening of the other reflector has been bored out, and it produces a wider beam. It's not a long distance shot or anything, but it's all I've got at the moment. Also, I didn't have time to compare it to the stock A9. I wanted to, but I ran out of time, so I'll include some other reference shots. From each light to the pine tree is roughly 23 feet. I had to take the pictures behind the lights because the camera wouldn't zoom out far enough to capture the spill. All camera settings remained the same for each light.

TK11A9SSR-50QuarkTurbo.jpg

Control:

Control2.jpg

Fenix TK11 R2

TK11R2.jpg

Tiablo A9 SSR-50

A9SSR-50.jpg

Quark 123-2 Turbo

QuarkTurbo.jpg

Last edited:

supasizefries

Enlightened
Really neat build you have there. Did you ever get a chance to measure tail cap amps?

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really neat build you have there. Did you ever get a chance to measure tail cap amps?

Thanks for the kind words.

I just measured amps at the tail cap with a freshly charged AW IMR 18650. The charged voltage of the battery was 4.213v and the light measured 3.107A at the tail cap on high :thumbsup:. That's pretty much what I was shooting for, so I'm happy.

If the light had more mass to transfer heat to, I would probably turn it up some more, but there's no sense in pushing the emitter harder when all it will do is create more heat, which would in turn cause a loss in lumens, which makes the light less useable IMO.

Last edited: