Tiablo MA6 review now w/ 15&115 yard beamshots

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buckeye,
I am interested to how the MA6 compared to your other lights....not just in brightness and throw, but your overall liking of the light.

If you do not have any AW 17670's, I highly recomend buying a couple. I really like the T1, but the MA6 gets much more use because I don't have to keep feeding it 123a's. (I don't like the quick trip to black rcr123a's give you when they shut off)

I look forward to hearing what you think.

Buckeye

Enlightened
I used the OP reflector last night. The Mag 2D with the Mag drop-in had the least throw, the LEDBEAM 3C was the next brightest and the Rayovac Extreme 4W 3C had the best throw of the three. With the OP reflector the Tiablo and the Rayovac were pretty close. I shined them on a house about 100' away. The Rayovac is listed as 150 lumens on the package. The side spill of the Tiablo is much brighter than all three.
All three of these lights are under $25. I bought the Mag 2D and the Mag LED drop-in on clearance. These three are fine lights, but fall on the lower end of fit and feel.
The look and feel of the Tiablo is excellent. The HA III coating is a matte finish. My Fenix lights are not high gloss, but have more of a shine to them. I like the included lanyard. It has a button (?) so you can tighten the lanyard around your wrist. The OP reflector makes the beam cleaner, but the SMO is not ugly in real world use. Only White Wall hunters might dislike it. The threads came lubricated, but need a little more grease to be buttery smooth. The lug just behind the bezel works as an anti-roll device, but is not extremely stable.

Wow, I didn't think I had that much to say. :cool:

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I got excited for a minute thinking Tiablo came out with a new light. BUMMER 😔

Latest posts