Tiablo MA6 review now w/ 15&115 yard beamshots

litework

Newly Enlightened
Because Tiablo don't specified on the instructions that 5 mode switch will not work with 16340 cells, they only updated the page on cpf but don't explain the problem on the booklet.
So if you have problem with multi function switch contact tiablo.
I contacted them because I have here 10 flashlights that doesn' work with 16340 cells and they say that is not their problem but batteries problem.
I used only Ultrafire and trustfire cells not the cheapest one.
If they have problem with these kind of batteries they have to inform customers. I'm not satisfied of their service.
I'm the only here with that problem ?
Thanks

It doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the batteries. It has more to do with the batteries output. The Ultrafire and AW batteries (really good batteries) are ~3.6/3.7 volt batteries; as you confirmed with your tester, they're a lot higher coming out of the charger (4.2-4.3 v). After a complete recharge (if I use the 3/5 switch), I have to drain my batteries (a little) in another light before putting them in the MA6. The MA6 works fine with primaries. I don't know for a fact, but it would probably do fine with some of the 3.0v rechargeables-I have no idea what the output of the Tenergy 3.0v battery is...it's a 3.0v vs. a 3.7v though.

maxilux

Enlightened
I just tested again my MA6 with the 17670 (Ultrafire) batteries, no problems with any function.

MrFunk

Newly Enlightened
I just tested again my MA6 with the 17670 (Ultrafire) batteries, no problems with any function.

The problem is not with 17670 but only with 16340.
I asked Tiablo a help because of that great problem (for me), I bought MA6 only because they supported 16340 that here in my country are more popular than 17670.
If I knew that with that kind of batteries I had problems sure I didn't buy 10 pcs.
Tiablo are manufacturer and have to take care of the problem because in all threads are indicated to work with all 16340 ( I used Ultrafire and other brand) and I tried 3 brands and none of them works with 5 stage switch.
Sure I'll continue my claim because they have to admit the error not avoid it like they do in all the mail they replied to me. I bought 10 pcs not 1.
I don't know what to do I wrote here to show the problem, I'm satisfied with all the Tiablo I bought but not with that.
If anybody can tell me which brand of 16340 will work will be a great work ( I know AW 750 mah works good).
Thanks all

maxilux

Enlightened
@MrFunk, are you an Tiablo dealer ? than speak to them and i think you got help, when you are not an dealer speak to your dealer and give it back.

MrFunk

Newly Enlightened
Yes I'm a dealer, I asked with them but they said that's not a problem, you only can't use multi function switch with 16340.
I don't understand if they don't test that flashlight.
If anybody has problems with 16340 cell please contact them directly, you will get the same reply as me.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my 2 AW 17670 protected batteries yesterday. Much heavier than the other brand I had. I have used one of them for a while and cannot perceive a noticeable drop in brightness. Its nice to have FREE lumens in such a good light.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any news ? I tested with 17670 and it works good, only with all the 16340 I tested there's the problem with multi function switch.
I don't know why.

Sir...as to your multiple posts below in the Marketplace forum...:dedhorse:

If you want to use the Tiablo MA6 with a number of brands of 3.6v RCR123a's.... you need to use the forward tactical switch. You have heard this explained to you a # of times and Tiablo has offered you a refund. Let it go.

Last edited:

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any news ? I tested with 17670 and it works good, only with all the 16340 I tested there's the problem with multi function switch.
I don't know why.
Because some 16340 are over-sized. A 16340 is supposed to be 16mm wide and 34 mm long. A lot of RCR123s are 17mm wide and 35mm + long. The MA6 isn't the only light that all RCR123s will not work in. My solution is to buy better batteries, Aw's should work.

Last edited:

litework

Newly Enlightened
Because some 16340 are over-sized. A 16340 is supposed to be 16mm wide and 34 mm long. A lot of RCR123s are 17mm wide and 35mm + long. The MA6 isn't the only light that all RCR123s will not work (fit) in. The solution is to buy better batteries, Aw's work.

The batteries he's using will fit in his flashlight fine. They just have too much voltage for the 3/5 switch. I have successfully used (with the 3/5 switch) the exact batteries he's having a problem with (AW 3.7v RCR123s)...after I drain them a bit. Again, the freshly charged 3.7s probably have a voltage in the 4.2-4.3 range. I'll bet if he finds (and uses) 3.0 volt rechargeables instead of the 3.7 he's currently using, he'll be fine.

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember Ernsanada had posted in another thread, AW RCR123s worked in his, I thought the problem was the extra length. LiFePo4 should also work.

Last edited:

litework

Newly Enlightened
I remember Ernsanada had posted in another thread, AW RCR123s worked in his, I thought the problem was the extra length.

Steve L,

When I put freshly charged AW RCR123s in my MA6, I don't get all the "modes." I only get high and medium mode. After I drain the power from the batteries a little, in another flashlight, all modes work fine. I have only used primaries, AW RCR123s and AW 17670s...the other batteries could have length issues.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to you Woodrow I just ordered this light. :wave: I can't wait for it to get here. This will be my first pocket thrower.

Congrats on your new Tiablo! Please let us know what you think of it. Mine still sees about daily use. I look forward to hearing your comments when you get to use it on a dark night.

mrmakochan

Newly Enlightened
The review on lightreview.info says that using a 17670 battery requires a magnetic spacer. Is that true?

I was thinking about a Fenix T1, but I think I am convinced more and more for the MA6. From what I can tell from the MA6 gives great throw for its relatively compact size. But how much usable spill does it have compared to the T1? If I want to use it on low power, close up, is it still practical?

LEDdicted

Newly Enlightened
If I want to use it on low power, close up, is it still practical?
I am wondering the same thing, but I guess I will find out soon enough! I couldn't resist and I ordered the MA6 from batteryjunction today.

From the beamshots I have seen here, there seems to be a decent useable spillbeam...not much compared to the T1, but more that other "throwers".

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
The review on lightreview.info says that using a 17670 battery requires a magnetic spacer. Is that true?

I was thinking about a Fenix T1, but I think I am convinced more and more for the MA6. From what I can tell from the MA6 gives great throw for its relatively compact size. But how much usable spill does it have compared to the T1? If I want to use it on low power, close up, is it still practical?

I just ran and checked the MA6 and Fenix T1's beams for spill so I could make sure I was speaking correctly. My T1 has the OP reflector and is on sf primaries. My MA6 has the OP reflector in it (a nice bonus that it came with both reflectors) and is on a pretty fresh AW 17670 protected battery. As to needing a spacer... the AW battery has a nipple (or whatever you call it) like a 123a cell and it just slides in like a regular battery would. (instead of the 2x123a's) The MA6's spill is 95% as wide as the Fenix T1's (at 4') and it is about equally as white and bright. The main difference in beams is that even with the OP reflector, the MA6 has a smaller and brighter hotspot. Indoors I slightly prefer the T1, outdoors the MA6... but both have nice beams. I mainly use the light on low and high levels only. Both lights are pretty comparable on low and are most likely 40 lumens for the MA6 (17670) and 60 for the Fenix.

I really like the T1, but the MA6's ability to run on 17670's is really nice for me.

Buckeye

Enlightened
I received my Tiablo MA6 yesterday. I was able to play with it at work. I tried out the clicky and looked at the beam pattern. The clicky was easy to push. Not too firm or too long of a stroke. Changing between levels and modes was easy. I found I liked the 5 level mode because it starts in low.
The beam has some rings as expected with the smooth reflector, but better than my P2D CE (P4). I haven't tried the OP reflector yet.
The light is smaller than I imagined, but heavy for its size. However, it isn't a heavyweight by any stretch. The bezel is a little too large for pants pocket carry, but good for a coat pocket.
I did a quick walk around the neighborhood after work. The Tiablo has a focused hot spot with nice spill. Compared to my Wolf Eyes 9D Raider the Tiablo has better throw. The 9D Raider has a larger hotspot that diffuses to a similar spill.
I'll take the Tiablo on a walk with my dog tomorrow night along with other lights that are my best throwers. (LEDBeam 3C, Mag 2D with the Mag LED drop-in and the Rayovac Extreme 4W 3C) :naughty:

Last edited: