Sold/Expired TiGlow titanium glowrings *ACCEPTING PAYMENTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvidHiker

Enlightened
eltel999,

Glad it worked out for you, good work!

PSM,

Very nice, I'm suprised that the Norland stayed put! Looks like I might have been overly cautious with mine... whatever works I suppose. So, I take it that you applied it cold - I've noticed it is a good bit more viscous cold, as well as when its near or beyond its expiration. That might have made all the difference.

:thumbsup:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
PSM,

Very nice, I'm suprised that the Norland stayed put! Looks like I might have been overly cautious with mine... whatever works I suppose. So, I take it that you applied it cold - I've noticed it is a good bit more viscous cold, as well as when its near or beyond its expiration. That might have made all the difference.

:thumbsup:

I used a toothpick and dropped small amounts onto the end of the toothpick then filled each hole with just a lil bit to get started, then I would cure, then drop more. I did this two times per row.

PICS:

TiGlow002.jpg

TiGlow006.jpg

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
[email protected] - First the good news, Rec'd. Ti Glowring. Bad news is that i already received mine and this is an extra one probably for someone else. I did not open so don't know what color trit. I can't read the shipping mark as it is blurred. I do not wish to mail it back to Holland so:
1) I can open it and pay you for it:rock::rock::rock:
OR
2) Can forward to rightful owner in USA:(:mecry::mecry:

Anyway, i won't open it unless you need to know more.
Brian

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the work done here using Norland, I used a much cheaper and easier method to protect mine since getting the first batch a while ago. I used 3/8 inch vinyl tubing available at Tap Plastics, its 55 cents a foot, is a friction fit and can be removed with some effort.

I have plenty of Norland and thought of using it but this method has proven itself to me, my sole concern with Norland is even though it is somewhat rubbery when cured and would be forgiving to a degree under direct pressure, the way I carry things in pockets may cause a key to push just right, on the right spot, causing the vial to let it's magic smoke out. :poof: The vinyl tubing leaves the space between the vial and the edge if the ti-glo/tubing open creating a buffer.

The vinyl tubing may not be pretty but in the dark it is not even noticeable.

EDIT: Got my Red guys Bert, :thanks:

Last edited:

phoneguy

Enlightened
[email protected] - First the good news, Rec'd. Ti Glowring. Bad news is that i already received mine and this is an extra one probably for someone else. I did not open so don't know what color trit. I can't read the shipping mark as it is blurred. I do not wish to mail it back to Holland so:
1) I can open it and pay you for it:rock::rock::rock:
OR
2) Can forward to rightful owner in USA:(:mecry::mecry:

Anyway, i won't open it unless you need to know more.
Brian

Why do I get the feeling that this was mine? :mecry: If so please go with option 2 :rock:

Bryan

AvidHiker

Enlightened
Think I was part of the final wave of shipments, and received them (including my assorted other loose trits!) on Friday. Guess the mail gods were smiling upon me.

Everything look great, thanks [email protected]!

PSM, thanks for the description. Thought that might be doable, looks like it came out great.

...my sole concern with Norland is even though it is somewhat rubbery when cured and would be forgiving to a degree under direct pressure...

Beamhead, I have noticed a rubbery feel to Norland as well but found that sticking it in an oven at about 120°F for 12 hours hardened it up nicely (its actually recommended as a post curing stage, but not mandatory). Leaving it in hot summer sun for a couple hours also seemed to have a similar effect. It feels like glass now, but is supposed to still remain slightly flexible for toughness. I'd be suprised, given the thickness of the titanium case, if even a moderately strong, sharp blow could damage the vial (it's certainly possible, just seems unlikely to me and I'm pretty rough on stuff - YMMV of course).

You certainly can't go wrong with the clear sheath method, although I would miss the tactile interaction with my TiGlow (hmm, that sounds a little wierd:duh2:). My only concern with the Norland method is that eventually the surfaces will probably scuff in my pockets, and I'll have to figure out how to polish them up again. Coming up on two months keychain carry now, and so far nothing visible.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
AvidHiker, I had an original Glo ring that was encased in its acrylic case go poof.:duh2:
I sun cure my Norland applications for a minimum of 2 hours in the hot sun, 2 curing as I type.

Put a little dollup on a piece of wood and let it cure in the sun for days, then take a razor blade and shave a piece off. The dollup will feel like glass but the shaving will flex and be rubbery.

My reason for going with the vinyl tubing is regardless of how hard or soft the substance is you fill the holes on the tiglo with, IMHO having something that makes direct contact with the weaker sides of the glass vial increases the odds of a break. The vinyl tubing leaves the hole open with nothing in direct contact with the vial. But hey I'm :tinfoil:

Last edited:

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 2 arrived today, amazingly fast! Look even better than I expected, great job and thanks!

gtie

Enlightened
Received mine today, these are sweet, better quality than I expected. I will use mine as a locator on my EDC keychain.

cnjl3

Enlightened
Bart, not sure if you are keeping a list of interested buyers.
Just wanted to let you know that I have purchased a RED TiGlow
titanium glowring from another member so if you made a list you can
remove my name.

CYL:)

I would like a RED one if someone is unable to pay.
Paypal locked and loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.