TINI 2 by Nitecore

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: TINI2 by Nitecore

That's funny, I'm about to go back to the original TINI because I don't like having to put the TINI2 in lockout and struggling to get it out of lockout so it won't come on at the lightest tough. I thought I read the TIP2 no longer had moonlight mode so that did it for me. Why do these companies overcomplicate the UI just because they can?

I EDC a TIP CRI (I had the TIP2, but hated the UI and went back to the TIP). I wish they made the Tini2 with a high-CRI emitter, the Osrams have terrible CRI.

mactavish

Newly Enlightened

That's funny, I'm about to go back to the original TINI because I don't like having to put the TINI2 in lockout and struggling to get it out of lockout so it won't come on at the lightest tough. I thought I read the TIP2 no longer had moonlight mode so that did it for me. Why do these companies overcomplicate the UI just because they can?

What is the lockout "struggle", considering the Tini v1 did not have a lockout, and many lights you have to unscrew the tailcap...

TINI V2:
Locked, with light OFF, you simply press power button once quickly, then press and hold down while you see the icon unlocking.
With light ON, you just press down and hold power button briefly till #1 lock icon appears, a bit longer to get to #2 total lockout.

Seems simple enough, yet effective.

Dave_5280

Newly Enlightened

What is the lockout "struggle", considering the Tini v1 did not have a lockout, and many lights you have to unscrew the tailcap...

TINI V2:
Locked, with light OFF, you simply press power button once quickly, then press and hold down while you see the icon unlocking.
With light ON, you just press down and hold power button briefly till #1 lock icon appears, a bit longer to get to #2 total lockout.

I just tried it that way and it works great - thanks!

I do think it's important to plug it in to recharge it once, which seems to activate its functions.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

No you are right. Not sure why it was hard for me to grasp the concept but it really isn't that difficult. It's pretty qquick to get out of lockout, you only have to long press for maybe a second.

TINI V2:

Photon

Newly Enlightened

I love this light.

• The 1 lumen mode, considerably brighter than the 1 lumen mode on my Olight S2 Baton, is perfect for close-up illumination.
  • The display is great for mode, time remaining, lock and unlock status.
  • Uses the latest USB C connector for charging.
  • Gate clip has a nice strong spring.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

the easter egg is still blowing my mind it has a mic mini mic if you sing im woman it will give you the 700 lumen mode. you must sing loud and be in public

Alrainier

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone encounter this? When I leave my Tini2 at lockout #2 for a while, i have to short press and long press the power button 3 times before it opens the light or unlock.

mactavish

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone encounter this? When I leave my Tini2 at lockout #2 for a while, i have to short press and long press the power button 3 times before it opens the light or unlock.

Not 3 times on mine. Just: To unlock, hit menu button, and short then long click the power button and you see a key thermometer that shows the unlock.

1936jdb

Newly Enlightened
I use my tini2 a little differently. I used micro paracord with some marine heat shrink to make a necklace, and added a magnetic necklace clasp not to the cord, but between the cord and tini. I started out wearing it at night when in our new rv to find my way around in the dark, and to take the dog out for walks. It proved so handy, I wear it at home as well. As an electrician I wear it to work most of the winter. Its so light that it will hang from the magnet on a single shingle nail, so when working in an attic it gives a nice little area light to work by. I never lock it, and may have had it come on accidentally 2 or 3 times in the last year.
I also have the tip 2, and tini1 which I find useless with the activation delay. I will not buy any more lights that have a delay. If I want light, I want it NOW.
All in all the tini2 is my favorite small light, if not all around.

jeffs_cc

Newly Enlightened
I have had this happen several times. Sometimes in lockout #2, a short press then hold displays the key and thermometer bar. Bar moves normally, but when it gets to the end the #2 displays and the light remains locked. First time it happened, I had to plug in USB to get it to unlock, even though it did have about 50% charge remaining.