• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Tint Comparison

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
"Glam shot with red and blue flanks (WB = 5000K)"
Glam-shot-with-red-and-blue-flanks-WB-5000-K.jpg

"This is the shot I wanted to create, notice how pink the 2000/5000 and sw45k is! (WB = 5000k)"
otice-how-pink-the-2000-5000-and-sw45k-is-WB-5000k.jpg

"A CU of the shot I had envisioned, notice how pink the 2000/5000 and sw45k is! (WB = 5000k)"
otice-how-pink-the-2000-5000-and-sw45k-is-WB-5000k.jpg

"This time only hanklights! (WB = 5000K)"
This-time-only-hanklights-WB-5000-K.jpg

Shots done by member Chelue of Reddit

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most impressive. Caution is advised though regarding making decisions based on group photos with such varied color temperature. What may look subpar in a crowd could very well be just fine by itself. Sometimes an acknowledged excellent emitter will look dingy compared to a cooler temp. LED. Doesn't brightness, lenses and reflectors also affect the look of a beam?

Cheule

Newly Enlightened
Most impressive. Caution is advised though regarding making decisions based on group photos with such varied color temperature. What may look subpar in a crowd could very well be just fine by itself. Sometimes an acknowledged excellent emitter will look dingy compared to a cooler temp. LED. Doesn't brightness, lenses and reflectors also affect the look of a beam?
Cheule here! I did my best to equalize as much as so could. For example, all lights were running stepped mode, step 4 of 7.

But differences still arose in the form of:
- some lights have the 10623 optic vs the 10622 (this is probably the biggest difference)
- some lights kept stepping down while I was shooting. It was like playing "whack a mole". Especially the Ti bodies. They just don't sink heat nearly as well as Al or Cu bodies

I did do my best though to accurately represent the colors as I could.

And a final thought: I don't think there is a bad emitter in this bunch. It's taken a lot of lights bought and sold to get to this point. Anything green or unsightly has moved out of my collection. But not I'm to a point where I love what's left in the edc collection. Note that most of these lights aren't XP-L HI. I just don't seem to like them much.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Every LED have their own place in my heart. They all "shine" in specific lights. Really impossible to say one is better than others in terms of color rendering and applications.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheule,
You have an impressive collection, including your laser flashlights. Thanks so much for taking the time to share. How long now have you been purchasing great quality flashlights?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Wow Vinh actually care about tint now! What a suprise! :)
I didn't make the shots but yes I have became a huge fan of warmer tints lately. It seems I have a fav LED for every application.

SKV89

Enlightened
I've been in love with 2000k tint since I had kids. I use it to check up on them at night without waking them up. I now leave a E21A 2000k on at night in their room in moonlight mode. It's fantastically warm and cozy.

Patriot

Flashaholic
The warmest LED's that I own are 4000K but I'm open to the next step. I can see myself picking up a 3000-3500K, 95 CRI light in the near future. It will probably be some kind of hiking light for bringing out the colors of close by wildlife.

Here's a Black-tailed Rattler that I lit up the other night with 4000K 90CRI Samsung 351's.

LLVTrIO.jpg

Last edited:

SKV89

Enlightened
I use hi cri 4000k for night hikes. I think it is perfect for night time foliage. But if there are insects I use 2000k since it contains the least amount of blue wavelengths, which insects are attracted to.