TITAN PLUS

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
So there are some with less than stellar Oring fitting jobs, and some done right? Hope they listen and improve a bit.

Non issue for me though as I mostly get my lights from B&M stores and can choose between samples, but still..

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed as well the when cycling modes, the medium mode will often cycle twice before moving to high. Not sure if others have had this happen?

I've noticed this too, but only when I cycle quickly through the modes. If I cycle at approximately one second intervals then it moves from low-med-high as expected.

It may have been programmed this way to prevent it from stutter-stepping if continuity is lost while twisting through the modes. I've had this happen with many twisty lights and it drives me crazy. But this light seems somewhat more resistant to that issue, maybe by design? Just a guess.

Phry

Banned
So, unless I missed anything, so far we have:

- Off centre LED
- Pinched o-rings
- Ringy, messy beam profile
- Light falling due to weak clip
- Coating chipping easily
- Some batteries not fitting in the light
- Modes not changing properly
- Bigger and heavier than competition
- $100 cost

Hold me back!

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
It's not even that. Having people who have never even seen or held a product coming in to trash for the sake of taking swings at the big names sucks. You look back, you'll find me saying that I feel SF has lost their way. I don't then come in and dogpile for the hell of it. I like the knurling on my new 600lm. Fury. Don't take swings at it's shortcomings already noted by others. Make a post and move on. You'll NEVER find me in a Klarus, Trustfire, Solarforce, etc. thread trashing their products. It's called being a grown up. You all want to pile on like children in the playground at recess. Let those with the lights post, maybe read their comments, move the hell on. It's gone way past the point of healthy discussion to people acting like idiots. What did your parents tell you? Nothing nice to say? **** off. I need my first vacation from here in almost seven years. Buncha ******* children.

Last edited:

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
We went climbing this weekend and my buddy brought along his new Titan Plus.

The LED on his is quite noticeably off center, the beam profile (even outdoors) leaves a little to be desired, and occasionally the light would flicker, pretty annoying.

But other than that is seemed like a neat little light.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
We're just not giving it enough of a chance.
That's only three out of thousands that said something.
Odds are, most that get one will never notice.
OEM didn't, why should they.

Be happy, it's a nice looking light.

Prepped

Enlightened
...anyway, moving along.

I can't wait for someone to post a good video review of this. It looks promising! Admittedly the only SF product I've ever had is my trusty E1l Outdoorsman, but that thing is still going strong. Thanks for all the info guys.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Closing this thread temperarly till I can spend some time attending to it.

Bill

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Photonmaster take 3 days off to read the CPF forum rules. Rule 8 in this case. Just to say, mods and administrators on CPF receive no funding or perks from any one. Greta, the owner if CPF, is the only exception.

Bill

Last edited:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad the thread is open. Mine came today - 260 lumen in my sphere right out of the box with the battery as received. Smooth threads, smooth beam, nice, hefty feel in the hand. I love it. My new EDC.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
@RI Chevy

it was fine since it was a smooth cement floor except for the ding.

Thank you. Glad it is ok.

Glad the thread is open. Mine came today - 260 lumen in my sphere right out of the box with the battery as received. Smooth threads, smooth beam, nice, hefty feel in the hand. I love it. My new EDC.

Nice! I wonder if the output will go up with a fully charged battery? Probably not at all seeing that it is regulated. Did you happen to time the light on full output mode before the lumen dropoff?

nbp

Flashaholic

There's a few guys I always know I can trust since their tastes often mimic mine, and you're one of them. So your positive thoughts are very encouraging. :grin2: