TITAN PLUS

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Curious if anyone has had the led swapped in their Titan Plus? I like everything about my light but not digging the very cool tint on the led esp. in low and med.

nbp

Flashaholic
Looked like Nitroz had one apart in his SF mods thread. Not sure what he all did to it though.

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looked like Nitroz had one apart in his SF mods thread. Not sure what he all did to it though.

Hey there Nick! I had seen that post some time back when I first got my light. Thanks for reminding me. I may contact him to see. I kinda wonder if the light I got isnt just an anomaly? It seems reading through the thread most report a decent tint on theirs. I have an old g2x pro that has a great tint. There is quite a bit of blue in the low and med modes for my Titan though. The maxvision beam is outstanding though. I love it!

nbp

Flashaholic
I'll have to look at my two units. The fact that I can't remember makes me think they are decent. Ideally I like the cool edge of neutral but I'm not super fussy and will lean toward cool rather than overly warm. I don't like green though. Blech.

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
I couldn't take it anymore! This is a sweet little light for sure but how dumb was it to manufacture a key ring attachment only to go over top of another key ring attachment? I mean its 2018! By now doesn't most everybody who edc's a small light universally agree that the capability to tailstand is a must? If you don't agree with me your wrong! [emoji14] Anyway, a dremel and a flat sanding block and this light is on it's way to being great. Now it just needs an LED upgrade! ;)
cd2775da2678d3a4a0449ff36219bd95.jpg

db5c0f3fef3994ec02be0c5f8ede7845.jpg

Bucur

Enlightened
Here's my review of the Titan Plus:
https://precogvision.wordpress.com/2018/07/04/surefire-titan-plus-review-24-30/

I know I'm late to the game but I still think it's one of the best AAA flashlights out there almost three years later. Let me know your thoughts ;)

Very objective review. I agree with you that the Titan Plus "remains the reigning champion three years later". In fact, I lost mine a few months ago and if the security department of the mall I had lost it at had not been accomplished enough to find it; I would buy a new one because I could not find an alternative to replace it deservedly.

If I lose any other flashlight older than about six months, I can find a better replacement either from the same manufacturer or from the competition. The Titan Plus is an exception in that regard and this is a great achievement in today's dynamic flashlight market.

Therefore, you are not too late to the game! ;)

charlesmc2

Newly Enlightened
Re: TITAN PLUS Where Does It Fit

It's interesting, different people's take on pluses and minuses. I prefer the twist on mechanism because it resists accidental turn ons. I frequently twist click lights so I cannot accidentally discharge my light. No, I don't prefer twisty for all my lights. I like that it uses Eneloops, just because they are everyday and low tech. Again, no, I don't prefer NiMH's for all my lights. I like this light for being heavy and brass, but again, no, not for all my lights.

My two Titan Pluses are my go to lights. Reliability over brightness. Simplicity over high tech. It has a special niche in my flashlight family. One of my very favorites, perhaps my very favorite. But not for everything.

Snake62

Newly Enlightened

I absolutly love my Titan plus! But there is something bugging me..when clipped in my pocket, the light often turn on. Even if i unscrew the head a lot. Am i the only one to have this problem?

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast

I absolutly love my Titan plus! But there is something bugging me..when clipped in my pocket, the light often turn on. Even if i unscrew the head a lot. Am i the only one to have this problem?
Nope, mine was the same. You have to turn the head out quite a bit and then it feels loose and sloppy. The o-ring on the head is too small on the wall. I took the o-ring out from the tailcap and it's a far better fit in the head. The head feels more solid and while it's still smooth to operate it has a more resistant and hydraulic feel to it and a better seal. I emailed Surefire and they sent me a couple spare tail cap o-rings. They would't share what size they are though.

nbp

Flashaholic
Thats very weird. Both of mine are snug. I can operate them one handed but they never turn on by themselves. Who knows?!

Snake62

Newly Enlightened

Nope, mine was the same. You have to turn the head out quite a bit and then it feels loose and sloppy. The o-ring on the head is too small on the wall. I took the o-ring out from the tailcap and it's a far better fit in the head. The head feels more solid and while it's still smooth to operate it has a more resistant and hydraulic feel to it and a better seal. I emailed Surefire and they sent me a couple spare tail cap o-rings. They would't share what size they are though.

Ok, Thanks!

nitebrite

Enlightened

wonder if some had bad plating? Some said got all scratched up. in pocket with keys, change 2 years+ rolling in gravel Etc could pass for new in package still. Maybe just lucky. I am happier with this than $200++ custom at less than 60Lm. Solid metal would not scratch is the only reason but this did not either. I think this is pretty decent. It is not exactly keychain IMO. I have the 1A and would take this over that too. Ring adjust is nice but 70LM not enough.

I do have a question though: Can I overdrive this without going to a 10440? That will most certainly kill it. I just revisited this from drawer after like 7 months. It is to my liking but a little overdrive would be great. Not sure if a cell exists? Thanks

Hoka Hey

Newly Enlightened

Just got one yesterday. Serial #A35040. I've been interested in the Titan plus for awhile. A discount and a small reward from my employer got it down to 63.00, so I finally got one.

I like it!

Emitter is a little off, but has no noticeable effect in use. Bezel gasket is perfect. UI is a little fiddley, but I'm sure some practice will help. It's not like I can't afford the 2 seconds it takes to get it where I want it to be. Nice useful directed flood type beam. Tint seems neutral, just leaning towards blue. No blue to be seen, just a cooler white. No flickering in the beam. Threads are super smooth. Clip could be a little stiffer, but it sits deep enough in my pocket that I don't think I'll lose it. Mine came with a Panasonic branded Enloop Pro.

Not perfect, but a very solid little light. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting it's little brother, the Titan A at some point. For now, this will be in my pocket daily.

Edit to add: Thanks to the Titan Plus, my status is now "Enlightened"!!

Last edited:

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just got one yesterday. Serial #A35040. I've been interested in the Titan plus for awhile. A discount and a small reward from my employer got it down to 63.00, so I finally got one.

I like it!

Emitter is a little off, but has no noticeable effect in use. Bezel gasket is perfect. UI is a little fiddley, but I'm sure some practice will help. It's not like I can't afford the 2 seconds it takes to get it where I want it to be. Nice useful directed flood type beam. Tint seems neutral, just leaning towards blue. No blue to be seen, just a cooler white. No flickering in the beam. Threads are super smooth. Clip could be a little stiffer, but it sits deep enough in my pocket that I don't think I'll lose it. Mine came with a Panasonic branded Enloop Pro.

Not perfect, but a very solid little light. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting it's little brother, the Titan A at some point. For now, this will be in my pocket daily.

Edit to add: Thanks to the Titan Plus, my status is now "Enlightened"!!

Very nice! The emitter on mine is also off-center and I experience the same UI issues. Not deal breakers by any means, but good to know I'm not alone. Still my favorite AAA ;)