TITAN PLUS

Hoka Hey

Newly Enlightened
Re: TITAN PLUS Where Does It Fit

Very nice! The emitter on mine is also off-center and I experience the same UI issues. Not deal breakers by any means, but good to know I'm not alone. Still my favorite AAA ;)

I dont see the UI as a problem now, but it could be.

For work, I need to confirm a semi trailer is empty via a light shining through1" plexiglass. Less futz and a single mode would be better for that. 90% of the time, I have time. Then there's the other 10%.

Bucur

Enlightened
Re: TITAN PLUS Where Does It Fit

The UI would not even be an issue if the instructions manual would read low, medium, medium and high. An interface with two identical medium settings does not make sense, sure, but this would still be an easier UI than electronic switches with half-press / full-press or short-press / long-press setup, not to mention the ones that offer different outputs depending on if the press in question was immediate or after a few seconds.

The UI of my Titan Plus is absurd but I still prefer it to most UIs with electronic button switches.

nbp

Flashaholic
I find that if I wait a moment on a level before changing, and then make the off/on twist quickly, I can get it to reliably shift L/M/H almost all the time. I don't know if the timing of the off/on in the circuitry is just funny or what. If I just go willy nilly with it I often get two M as well.

Bucur

Enlightened
I find that if I wait a moment on a level before changing, and then make the off/on twist quickly, I can get it to reliably shift L/M/H almost all the time. I don't know if the timing of the off/on in the circuitry is just funny or what. If I just go willy nilly with it I often get two M as well.

Mine is exactly the same but I don't even try to find the sweet spot of the timing. I do not need the high output often, anyway. When I occasionally do; a quick L, M, M, H sequence does not bother me. I pretend as if the light was designed that way. I mean, this is a design flaw that I can easily live with.

Msf

Enlightened
Have both the A and the plus. I much prefer the Titan Plus, but what wins the day for me is not the output, but the pocket clip. I always liked the way it is so secure even if the clip itself isn't perfect. However, I recently purchased the Prometheus clip for the Plus and now it is edging out every other light I own for edc because it is such a nice carry with that clip.

Noctiluco

Newly Enlightened
I couldn't take it anymore! This is a sweet little light for sure but how dumb was it to manufacture a key ring attachment only to go over top of another key ring attachment? I mean its 2018! By now doesn't most everybody who edc's a small light universally agree that the capability to tailstand is a must? If you don't agree with me your wrong! [emoji14] Anyway, a dremel and a flat sanding block and this light is on it's way to being great. Now it just needs an LED upgrade! ;)
cd2775da2678d3a4a0449ff36219bd95.jpg

db5c0f3fef3994ec02be0c5f8ede7845.jpg

Not very difficult to remove the driver, only unsscrew it from the head, and use a little lever to separate driver of pill. More difficult is to extract the PCB-led, because it is glued to the head, this is the hardest step

23785144379_bfe6bd6ec9_z.jpg

31532990755_622b832df1_z.jpg

31417794621_593e5f448a.jpg

31417365251_0fb742d921_z.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
I finally got around to de-lugging one of mine. Turned out so nice I might do the other one too! Now I just need some of those nice Prometheus clips and this thing will be perfect. :)

IMG_5288_zpsrdktlla2.jpg

IMG_5289_zps0jxxirsj.jpg

Noctiluco

Newly Enlightened
Could you please show me some disassembled Chinese brand flashlight? This Surefire teardown made me curious.

Usually, the current flows from the driver to the led through cables that are soldered to both the first and the second; The SF system is (I think) more solid and eliminates welding points, while also facilitating the LED (or driver) update.

So, the reflector is much more elaborated than those of any other brand.

Sorry for delay in response

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Have both the A and the plus. I much prefer the Titan Plus, but what wins the day for me is not the output, but the pocket clip. I always liked the way it is so secure even if the clip itself isn't perfect. However, I recently purchased the Prometheus clip for the Plus and now it is edging out every other light I own for edc because it is such a nice carry with that clip.

I do too and luv both of them. I'll have to try the Prometheus clip sometime.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't want to start a whole new thread about this but has anyone found a two way pocket clip that fits on the Titan in the same way as the stock?