Sold/Expired Titanium Aeon Mk. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tixx

Since he is doing work on spacing, mine is totally changing from use. Half turn from low to medium and less than a quarter to high. Used to be quite even.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

senna94

Since he is doing work on spacing, mine is totally changing from use. Half turn from low to medium and less than a quarter to high. Used to be quite even.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

That is not good news and probably means they will all have to be readjusted at some point with enough use.

gottawearshades

What is the adjustment, and can anyone safely try this at home?

(I'm just curious. No complaint about mine--not evenly spaced but useable: long turn from low to medium, very little turn to high.)

That is not good news and probably means they will all have to be readjusted at some point with enough use.

senna94

What is the adjustment, and can anyone safely try this at home?

(I'm just curious. No complaint about mine--not evenly spaced but useable: long turn from low to medium, very little turn to high.)

As best I have discerned the adjustment involves moving and adjusting the spring so that the deflection points at which each level is activated can be changed. It is at your own peril and in my opinion should not be tampered with unless you are ready to accept making your light unusable and voiding the warranty. Having said that I think several members have done so successfully.

odog83

I'm glad to hear that! I wish you a lot of fun with your lights! Mine hasn't left my pocket since I got it :D

Last edited:

nbp

Staff member
Hope you get your stuff soon Pete. :/

I have ordered 3 lights from Enrique and never had a problem. This is quite surprising. I hope all is OK with him.

kaichu dento

Man,sorry to hear that you still have not received your SS light. Have you e mailed Enrique inquiring about it? What has his response been?
I never e-mailed him again, hoping that when he got enough time to address it he would, and as it turns out, he handled it very quickly, but there was an issue of confusion regarding the shipping address and the lights are now being forwarded to me.

Just by reading some stories here I am so happy that I did not pull the trigger.
Hopefully the stories which make you feel that way have nothing to do with the miscommunication issue with my lights. I found where the lights were last night over a phone call and they've been waiting for me since late July, and will be here within days.

Hope you get your stuff soon Pete. :/

I have ordered 3 lights from Enrique and never had a problem. This is quite surprising. I hope all is OK with him.
I will see them soon, and if I'd sent a simple reminder about my multiple expected address changes I would have had them long ago.

nbp

Staff member
I never e-mailed him again, hoping that when he got enough time to address it he would, and as it turns out, he handled it very quickly, but there was an issue of confusion regarding the shipping address and the lights are now being forwarded to me.

Hopefully the stories which make you feel that way have nothing to do with the miscommunication issue with my lights. I found where the lights were last night over a phone call and they've been waiting for me since late July, and will be here within days.

I will see them soon, and if I'd sent a simple reminder about my multiple expected address changes I would have had them long ago.

:rock:

I'm very glad all is sorted out and I am eager to hear your thoughts on them as you get them in hand. :)

SonnyJim

As best I have discerned the adjustment involves moving and adjusting the spring so that the deflection points at which each level is activated can be changed. It is at your own peril and in my opinion should not be tampered with unless you are ready to accept making your light unusable and voiding the warranty. Having said that I think several members have done so successfully.

Would anyone who has done this adjustment be willing to PM me or post pics of how this is done? 360 degrees from low to med (my most used level) makes this a two handed light : ( It's too nice to sit in a drawer.
Thanks in advance!

fyrstormer

Banned
If the distance between modes is too far, instead of not far enough, that means the spring is too stretched, instead of being too flat. It's much more difficult to fix a spring that's been stretched too much, because you have to remove the spring to reverse-stretch it. For that kind of work, I'd be much more comfortable sending it back to Enrique for service.

EDIT: Although, now that I think about it, if the outermost coil of the spring isn't laying flat on the circuit board, that would cause the same problem you mentioned, and it could be fixed by simply heating the spring with a soldering iron and pressing it against the circuit board with a flat screwdriver, then allowing the solder to cool and re-harden.

DDS

I have the same problem as SONNYJIM....very disappointing for a custom light.

Status
Not open for further replies.